Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Aug 17, 2007, 7:49 PM   #11

and this is one of them

very close but i am ehausted in looking I know I seen thhis I also found this other one tht is aweome

Older model LOL

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2007, 8:07 PM   #12

hdguy wrote:
Quote:
rgvcam wrote:
Quote:
Well I just did some testing on a bunch of GO-HD samples and it does seem that it really is capable of 30 unique frames per second. I used VirtualDub to step through them frame by frame. I also did a couple of indoor shots too.
The GO HD and probably this camera too (if it is real) are based on the second edition of the Ambarella chipset. You can go to Ambarella's web site and download the specs for A2 Platform as a PDF. It is capable of a lot of things including 1080i video encoding. I think the manufacturer licenses features from Ambarella for various fees. A number of companies license the chipset (I noticed the same icons on my nephews Kodak digital camera). The specs say 30 fps though the QT header on the GO HD clips are rather weird as it suggests 90 fps (sometimes 720p is marked as 60 fps).

http://www.ambarella.com/technology/

BTW, where are you folks getting this info on the new Aiptek camera? I don't see anything on the US nor German site.
Thanks for the info. Yes I already knew that it used the Ambarella chipset which I understand is quite a respected chipset intended for use in highend cameras.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2007, 7:22 AM   #13

Oldhacer did the best grabbed TheA_HD in time and Aiptek Removes off its site Hmmmm
Old Aug 18, 2007, 8:19 AM   #14

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
Oldhacer did the best grabbed TheA_HD in time and Aiptek Removes off its site Hmmmm
It's still there as far as I can see. Just checked it twice!
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2007, 8:32 AM   #15

they were moving it around I bet now I see it thanx

1 where are the led lights located in the flash?

2 lens cap looks awesome

3 butthe hold is going to be for smaller hands

if any sight has available less aipteks i get one for sure

best yet it is AV INPUT is that H264 or hmmmm no 640x480 res so my question still must be answered

Old Aug 18, 2007, 2:58 PM   #16

You can also download the manual for A-HD camera on the page displaying the A-HD. It also does voice clips which the GO-HD doesn't.

hdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2007, 3:04 PM   #17

http://www.viddler.com/fishycomics/videos/41/
Old Aug 19, 2007, 1:11 AM   #18

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
best yet it is AV INPUT is that H264 or hmmmm no 640x480 res so my question still must be answered
Can you explain what you mean here? It doesn't appear to have 640x480, but it has 720x480 which is just about the same thing. I noticed they also went with 352x240 for the low res mode - You know, I'd probably take more movies in this mode if the image compression wasn't so bad. Of course, I haven't seen it on the A-HD yet, but their other products look pretty bad in this mode, even my Sanyo doesn't look so good here. Which is sad because VideoCD is 352x240 and I can make VideoCDs that look really nice. Granted, VideoCDs have a higher bitrate but they are also using MPEG1.
adric22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2007, 6:19 AM   #19

adric22 wrote:
Quote:
Can you explain what you mean here? It doesn't appear to have 640x480, but it has 720x480 which is just about the same thing.
Adric22;

The Hybrid has 3 settings 1280x720 for HDTV @720P (near dvd quality)

720x480 for tv @ 540 (near vhs quality)

352x240 for pc @ 254 (near acceptable quality)

As I see, the A-HD Films 2/3rd's % in 16:9 ratio (widescreen) then reg mode. They excluded the standard 640x480 resolution, (near vhs-quality) out, I would have loved for them to have kept it in the hybrid as well, with a .mov for the highest quality video recording, and have switched to asf for 640x480, and switched to avi at 352x240, but this will not happen with Aiptek, cost to much for a economy hybrid?

We still use 640x480 more often then others and today we're going to widescreen tv's so filming in WS (widescreen) will fill the tube up.

CIF (352x240) format caters to a cellphone, Mp3/4 player but not Youtube or Ipod apple hd show? even though you are able to grab the footage you'll still get a good shot, to some tehy are spoiled rotten, with High Definiton. So loading up a

720P (1280x720) shot those with dial up will suffer with time , and watch stop/go motion.

Now

when they are adding the AV INPUT, no where in the site or manual it is saying what format it will transfer to, I am hoping it will grab the 720p and transfer to 720p but I am guessing it will grab 720P and lower to 540P wewill just have to see?

Below I just threw some random webpages together, that may help or not but is informitive to some.

Hope I kinda made a little sense?

I like the idea of seeing a hybrid catered to widescreen, and av input of a higher interlace system. good-or-bad we're seeing a start of new hi-defs being released?

[line]

http://boschsecurity.us/pdf/EN/Under...te%20Paper.pdf

Different film sized

[align=center][/align]

the above Pic isjust an example

And the below link will show some other informitive info to?

http://www.cazarin.com/services/vide...rmat_sizes.cfm

Refers to any or all three 1280x720 high definition digital TV formats (HDTV) that have 720 lines of progressive scan resolution (the "p"). The 720p formats provide the minimum lines of resolution in the HDTV standard. See progressive scan, HDTV and 1080p.

http://www.afterdawn.com/glossary/terms/720i.cfm

1. 1080p defined
1080p resolution--which equates to 1,920x1,080 pixels--is the latest HD Holy Grail. That's because 1080p monitors are theoretically capable of displaying every pixel of the highest-resolution HD broadcasts.

2. Why 1080p is theoretically better than 1080i
1080i, the former king of the HDTV hill, actually boasts an identical 1,920x1,080 resolution but conveys the images in an interlaced format (the i in 1080i). In a tube-based television, otherwise known as a CRT, 1080i sources get "painted" on the screen sequentially:

Old Aug 19, 2007, 1:52 PM   #20

No, there are not three 720p modes on the camera. There is one that is 1280x720p. You seem to misunderstand video modes but the 720 numbers you've listed are the HORIZONTAL resolution not the VERTICAL resolution. 720p and 1080i refer to VERTICAL resolution. The two main HDTV modes are 720p which ABC and FOX broadcast in and 1080i which CBS, NBC and PBS broadcast in. 1080p is the result of de-interlacing to a buffer 1080i mainly for displays like LCDs that have no interlace mode. Also when you create HD video files for a disc say with DivX that 1080p decoded better on my AVeL Linkplayer 2 than 1080i. HD-DVD and BluRay may also store at 1080p but I haven't had time to look into it.

hdguy is offline   Reply With Quote