Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Sep 22, 2007, 5:16 PM   #111

HdGuy;

That was not the A-Hd, was that the GO-HD it sounded Aweful, so aweful the camera was shakingto thes ound?

I say there is a problem not with you and never insulting:|

the video gets a 10 but the sound negeitive 10

my fireworks are grreat compared to that?
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2007, 8:35 PM   #112

Yes that was the A-HD. Go shoot a video of a band in a park and see what happens. Fireworks just have some brief explosive sounds so it wouldn't be easy to detect the distortion or clipping. But a band will have more sustained volume.

BTW, I put some various MP4 and MOV files on the card and the A-HD draws an icon with an X over them so they are doing compatibility checking now. But it is interesting it listed the MP4.

hdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2007, 6:28 AM   #113

GSpot codec analyzer gives me these stats on a raw clip from another forum.

Quicktime(.mov)

Under audio codec it reads
mp4a: MPEG-4 AAC LC
48000Hz 128 kb/s tot , stereo (2/0)

Under video codec it reads:
avc1
H.264
kbps=3916 and Qf=0.142
Not sure what Qf is though?

Frames=29.971
1280 x 720
1.778 (16:9)

This may help for anyone trying to convert files to see if it can work as a media player.
funkydmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2007, 6:37 AM   #114

Sound from day one of the Aipek models. I enjoyed sat near a band in York PA in the rear never in the front too deafening.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifRKD3T5QNU

I still Enjoy the models as I film. I understand they'll never please every single person. if they did watch out?

As for the Little X in the QT of the playback on the camera Yes, two things happen or 3 you'll have a file that works, one with a X, and one that is not there?

I posted what one will see in the Info ofquicktime, trying to copy like for like does not work

thanks for theInfo, till onecan minipulate it and pos a working fileto the PMP I'll stick wit hte MPVR for arc with it
Old Sep 23, 2007, 1:23 PM   #115

As I am going one step further? testing a video sample of the A-Hd?

a program is deffently needed, and that will determine if the camera lives up to its name for a dvd?

1 Super a freeware alows downgrading, andconverting , very simple to use, but gets me a choppy feal?

2 Ulead movie editor 3 seseems to be a better quicktime one for me. would Upgrade to the latest? if wanted to?

3 Muvee4 well itworks but kinda feal like it is not the best?

I will need to look into others as well? I am happy, and would love to show you but rather do that I must get a perfect one in order.

any suggestions on a program is greatly appriciated? always trying my best to help out?
Old Sep 23, 2007, 3:12 PM   #116

I've tried VS11+, Pinnacle Studio 11 Ultimate and Sony Vegas Movie Studio 8 Platinum. Of those 3 only Vegas Movie Studio can generate AVC1 files but only the MP4 file format. It will only create from templates so you can't do a 1280x720p file yet but then the camera should be able to play back the 320x240 files but apparently it won't play anything but QT files at the moment. The only thing I know of that should be able to create AVC1 Quicktime files would be QuickTime Pro but I don't have that one. Maybe someone here does and can generate a file to spec. Though MP4 uses the QT wrapper there is some difference in the expected file format. I am surprised that the decoder though can't decode read mp4v encoded files. Perhaps Aiptek decided to limit playback just to the files generated by the camera to avoid tech $upport issues.

Are you saying that the MPVR can play a wide range of file formats?

As for the audio issue here is the waveform from your band file. As you will note the audio is clipping. You can barely hear it though:
Attached Images

Old Sep 23, 2007, 3:14 PM   #117

And here is the waveform from your fireworks video which is also clipping but less noticeable with a sound like fireworks:

Attached Images

Old Sep 23, 2007, 3:19 PM   #118

I can hear the noise issue and not going to say perfection on both:Gthey both are not the best andwe know that?

the quicktime would be to play dvd quality videos. andwe are going to have to use the A-Hd for playback oh dratz

now how you're able to convert files for the MPVr was Arc converter they downgraded to 320x240 res asf made for the mpvr , I also have the arc 2 for the mp3/54 player? I was just trying to see a file and again I am reloading quicktime LMAo hmm a prompt sound closes lOL
Old Sep 24, 2007, 1:20 PM   #119

I am now set a remote in hand works forall my Aipteks very pleased.
Old Sep 24, 2007, 2:15 PM   #120

I just bought the A-HD few days ago. I'll be posting my thoughts, samples, footage in my blog.
http://rodfathermobile.com/category/aiptek/

One glitch I noticed so far is if recording in CIF mode and have Nightshot on, the video ends up corrupted.

The wobbly effect when using the camera handheld is annoying.

With tripod use, the picture doesn't look so bad.

Basically, you get what you pay for. I'll carry this around when I go fishing instead of my MPVR now.

Rodfather is offline   Reply With Quote