Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Sep 24, 2007, 3:21 PM   #121

You win the Prize:blah:Excelent pick up. this is sure a defect, and well like you said nothing is perfect? does the job Now wonder if Aiptek knew about this and passed the buck on to the (cough)guenea pigs ?

This only happened on the first video, will try to get it to happen again so it will do at times not every single one LOL

added info taken 10 short shots all worked. got a crash LOL shook the camera lostsound, so anything is possable
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2007, 4:10 PM   #122

not changing hte subject , but adding some info I know from the other camera I own.

As i thought I had enough Power , the last clip I filmed my dog jumps for the catch, and oh well low battery bye bye video saved yahoo, but missed the jump

have some great footage ofa butterfly will load when Quicktime stops playing games with me
Old Sep 24, 2007, 4:21 PM   #123

Well I tried it again. Recorded with CIF resolution and Night Shot on. It's fine. Weird.
Rodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2007, 5:43 PM   #124

not weird, it happened to me I deleted the file dang. i say if you ry playing to thtube , see ifit happens again it is a signal issue? here is a Pic , andyep I did get it onfilm as well, and caught the butterfly?

Old Sep 24, 2007, 7:56 PM   #125

It was far worse than that. It was huge blueish lines that filled most of the screen.

Fish answered mine was yellowish
Rodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2007, 2:06 PM   #126

Today is a first day of a full movie , taping off the tv -to - the A-HD ? since the show will not work for the pc LOL. will not convert for the A-Hd but for my mp3 player? As it will be in D1 recording file sized to 320x252 with Arc converter2
Old Sep 28, 2007, 9:09 AM   #127

I followed with interest the experiences on of other members on MOV file conversion.
My objectives are:
1- to make a home movie and burn it to DVD
2- to produce a quality video file for down-streaming

Because MOV files produced by AiptekĀ“s are dificult to playback and handle I follow a 2 step procedure. First I use MP4CamAVI a freware progrsm which produces an AVI file (with same resolution) without reprocessing the data. These AVI files playback smoothly in Windows Media Player and almost any other playback program. Additionaly the AVI files are handled very well by video editors like Ulead VS 10 and conversor like MOVAVI. As a second step I load the AVI file in Ulead 10 to get the mpeg (720x480)file.
To view a short clip you can see this file from:

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=ZPSNY9GY

to download go to http://megaupload.com/?d=NML38D6L

To get video file for down streeming I used MOVAVI to convert the AVI file (same as above) into a DIVX AVI file at 720x480 that I will upload to DIVX STAGE6 video streaming place.
To view a short clip you cansee this file from:

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=00SJQ4K0

to download go to http://megaupload.com/?d=U9TXKXTZ
voyeurtp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2007, 4:02 PM   #128

My experience with the remote is that it didn't work with the GO HD's zoom. It worked with the A-HD but it just zoomed way too fast for use. It just popped in and out.

Has anyone noticed that their converted Aiptek AVC files to AVI cause a lockup on their XP machine? Apparently this has something to do with Media Player 11 installing Media Center. I'm thinking about nuking Media Player to see if it does away with the problem. The interesting thing is this doesn't happen on my Vista machine with Media Player 11 and MCE. Most of my conversions though are done on Ubuntu which of course doesn't have such problems.

hdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2007, 4:36 PM   #129

If anyone is having problems viewing the media files, I recommend "VLC Video LAN player". It is freeware, and excells at multi format support.
"Media player Classic" which is bundled with Klite Codec Pack is also very good. And a good way to get every codec you need.

funkydmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2007, 5:08 PM   #130

What I've noticed here is that VLC doesn't work for everyone. In fact on ALL my machnes it doesn't quite grok the Aiptek native files. The K-Lite codec is good though as is their Classic Media Player which gets installed with the codec. However if you want to use Quicktime in some NLE's you can't use the K-Lite codec but now the QT player can handle the files.

The reason for the problems is undoubtably the use of so many B-frames in the files. Many decoders have problems with them. There are far more B-frames than P-frames in the Aiptek files.

hdguy is offline   Reply With Quote