Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Oct 2, 2007, 4:21 PM   #141

Wallmart.

Aiptek has issues with its contrlos of sound and needs to have it fixed
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2007, 7:04 PM   #142

Here's a short 720p WMV file of A-HD clips edited with Vegas Movie Studio Platinum:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QJ5HOMDJ

hdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2007, 7:27 PM   #143

:|WOW!

I am Blown away by the quality, vegas 8 platnium?

1. the resolution would be" the same 1280, or different? any loss?

2. a lil shaky or vibrating was that due to you, being in the car? never saying we're perfect? this was from the bakery on?

Like to nit pick, sorry? the bakery seemed to show what RGV cam likes to say Lost that word.- Moire effect? insome formw or way?

again Love the shot felt like i need my danish, and was in there ?

Pleasantville
Old Oct 2, 2007, 7:42 PM   #144

It's 1280x720p the same as the A-HD clips.

One of the things I don't like about the entry level editors is trying to trim videos. I would have cut into the street scene later and that is much easier with a full bore editor. I should upgrade to the full Vegas.

Historical point: the "bakery" is the DiMaggio family restaurant site. It is now Victoria's Cafe but they kept the signs up for historical purposes. There is Joe DiMaggio memorabilia on the walls of the cafe.

Old Oct 2, 2007, 7:53 PM   #145

So this was a triale version. and will the fully loaded be simular to Win moviemaker and others ? I am sure this is on my list HdGuy thank you:-)
Old Oct 2, 2007, 9:06 PM   #146

I do see quite a bit of aliasing from the A-HD. I wonder what the actual resolution of the imager is? It is still quite a nice image for the price. Better then my old MiniDV cam. Very good colour rendition as well. Just lock down those shots guys! The codec will love you.

funkydmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2007, 9:17 PM   #147

funkydmunky wrote:
Quote:
Just lock down those shots guys! The codec will love you.
Yes indeed! These MPEG4 cameras work much better when mounted on a tripod. Does the A-HD even have a tripod mount? One bad thing about the shape of these hybrids is that they aren't very tripod friendly. My Sanyo CG6 has a mount, but the thing is so skinny that I have to be very carefull when pushing buttons while the camera is mounted. Otherwise, it feels like I'll break the camera off of the mount.
adric22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2007, 9:26 PM   #148

I did find that Movie Studio did crash on some of the A-HD clips. Those same clips imported fine into Pinnacle but I don't like that program much at all. VS 11+ also imported the problem clips. I am attempting a similar edit with VS 11+ but it is sloggingly slow like it is written using "managed code." :x

But you might like VS 11+ over Sony. Try both. I had the trial version of Sony but uninstalled it when I got the boxed version which had the rebates.

Old Oct 3, 2007, 3:33 AM   #149

so sony crashed? hd?

adric.. the tripod i on the rear botom causing the screen to stay ajar when you shut it? yes feals like a thin peice of junk on a tripod
Old Oct 3, 2007, 11:05 AM   #150

HDGuy, what is with the bounciness of the video you posted? Was the A-HD held in your hand for that short clip? Or mounted on a tripod???

Please tell us.
Generalg is offline   Reply With Quote