Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Oct 3, 2007, 1:01 PM   #151

It's all handheld. As I said if I would have cut later into the shot with a better editing program. I really don't like the oversimplified interfaces of the entry level ones. But MSP 7.3 can't deal with AVCHD files. HD cameras will magnify the shake in a handheld. And the cameras with stabilization will reduce the resolution to achieve that so it defeats having an HD camera. I've turned off stabilization on my Sony HC1. Also small cameras are hard to keep steady. I learned that with my Sony PC7 way back in 1996. Though I have tripod including a small one I bought for these cameras you don't always have the luxury to set them up. The only shot where I see shakiness is on the cafe where the shake was from pressing the record button. There is a slight move back and forth I wanted to eliminate on the ferry landing but I couldn't just go in an cut that range of frames to give a smooth pan with Movie Studio. With MSP it would have been easy. The main purpose of the video was to show that one can edit the video with one step rather than with intermediate files and not to show off my cinematography skills especially since I don't fancy myself as one. :-)

hdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2007, 11:20 PM   #152

Ok, that video is killer. Nice widescreen, hd, etc. Looks good. Now this camcorder is getting me thinking about it more. Would like a clean shot (not making fun, my hands shake to).
sandmanfvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2007, 2:58 PM   #153

Here's a similar WMV clip edited with VideoStudio 11 Plus. This includes some of the clips that Vegas Movie Studio wouldn't import:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MMQYX10M

I also think that these cameras work fine for shooting things like birthday parties where you are shooting much more close-up and in closer quarters. In those cases shaking will be less noticeable I will take mine to such gatherings where lugging the HC1 might not work out.

hdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2007, 3:09 PM   #154

sandman the older version Models of the ECONOMY HYBRIDS, of Aiptek?

they had a digital stabilixation allowing a crop so when the camcorder shook, it was corrected?

reading a few software pograms, they can now correct that shakiness , I believe majix was one?

InOrder to Keep The PC Hybrid to a lower cost, In my eyes, they seem to taken away that feature?

Probably the chip, or size of the camcorder could not handel such a thing? Only if we knew the reasons?

I also shake, and never ment to point the detailed Info out, i thought it was in the car and on the dash?

The GO-HD autofocus will bounce the filming, as well as the A-Hd, even in the casio model, while the JVC camcoder I own is mor controllable?
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2007, 1:27 PM   #155

http://youtube.com/watch?v=sGXhS6QXQ3g
funkydmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2007, 2:14 PM   #156

he used quickt time software pro 6
Old Oct 7, 2007, 12:38 AM   #157

I'm using Sony Vegas and it works.
To get the clips imported with the audio, I used MP4CAM2AVI. It basically changes the container and doesn't reencode the video.

As for rendering the video with Vegas, I tried the mainconcept h.264 codec and wasn't happy with the results. I think from now on, I'll render to .avi HDV 720p (raw) and then encode with an external encoder. Like Quicktime, Nero Recode, or Divx.

I'll try to send up a test video when I get the motivation.

Rodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2007, 6:38 AM   #158

I posted an indoor test. I uploaded the files to blip.tv. The WMVHD file and mp4 file are on blip.tv page to download.

http://rodfathermobile.com/2007/10/0...or-video-test/
I did some more testing while bowling. It's a fairly dark place besides the lanes themselves. It's ever darker in the bar. I was somewhat surprised with the A-HD's indoor quality since the MPVR is really in bad indoor, low light, situations. It's not great, but ok. It's essential to have it stable like on a tripod. You can tell it suffers when shooting handheld.

The raw files are 1280×720, 30FPS, h.264 quicktime .MOV files at around 4Mbps. I first had to run MP4Cam2AVI to get Sony Vegas to recognize the audio. It didn't matter since all the audio was blown out and didn't use it. One cool thing I found out after shooting this. You can plug the A-HD into an Xbox 360's USB port and it'll play the video in full 720p. It's convenience since you don't have to mess with component cables. You can use the Xbox 360 to view the video you just took.

I used Sony Vegas to edit the footage. At first I encoded the raw HDV 720P 30FPS profile. Quicktime didn't like the .avi it produced though. I ended up encoding the file using the 6Mbps, 720p, WMVHD profile.
Quicktime wouldn't read that either so I ended up encoding the WMVHD file with Nero Recode. I encoded it to a 480×272, 2Mbps, h.264, mpeg4 file. Not sure if it'll play on an iPhone but we'll see.

Rodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2007, 7:37 AM   #159

Rodfatehr:

1 indoor vid test on your homepage blog? what was the p[rrogram? I read it, I do not care about sound at all, I wantto know do I need to change over and over. to get just a vid clip or can I just mute and eddit?

Rather me post my comment at the blog , oh I wil anyway, a fade would have been sweet rather a cu, but I know you were showing a test clip?

Awesome footage, I sat outside a Walmart, and I shot afew clips and well I kno i need a new windshield due to extensive road ,deasel etc? all pitted? I bet if you used might mode you would have had some goodfootage but blurred?

Now on the other hand the GO, it goes in and out of focal if nothing is in the dark andsomething pops in? , happy you got the A-HD????
Old Oct 7, 2007, 10:39 AM   #160

Fishy, I have been waiting for an 50/60fps camera for sometime (the Sanyo camera doesn't appear so good with the lens problem). Did, we find out wherever this camera does uncompressed component/HDMI (no delay between action and display was one simple giveaway, no blocking, no artifacting). Sometimes 30fps cameras do 60fps internally, and display every second frame (more an cmos 1080i thing).

The camera is seriously cheap enough to play with if it has this feature. You could even improve the Microphone, or snap on an SLR lens adaptor.
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote