Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Oct 7, 2007, 10:46 AM   #161

Sanyo/fischer i was never a true fan of them , I even wantto say panasonic techniques, and go one further Onkyo they're that league, and If Aiptek is being compaired they're on the lowerscale, and that I trust SONY with my money? no bolognia?

the HDDV1000 looks so awesome, no one camera will do a perfect thing we want?

I just been viewing the samsungs newest model on HSN sd video 480I recording YUK LOL gotten used to THE A-HD

so yes I also like to see improvements over flaws
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2007, 12:49 PM   #162

Rodfather wrote:
Quote:
I'm using Sony Vegas and it works.
To get the clips imported with the audio, I used MP4CAM2AVI. It basically changes the container and doesn't reencode the video.
You should be able to skip the MP4CAM2AVI by just renaming the file extensions to .mp4. That works with Sony Vegas Movie Studio.

hdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2007, 2:40 PM   #163

funkydmunky wrote: Some of the original clips are available from his web site. You can find the link in this discussion on the A-HD on the DV-Info forum:
http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=102428

The A-HD as compared to the GO HD is creating some raves on that forum.

Old Oct 7, 2007, 3:15 PM   #164

Fishy,
Sony Vegas 7 was the editing program I used. If you don't care about sound you can just drop in the .MOV raw file and it'll import with the audio blank.

I didn't use Night Mode at all since it seems so make the camera work too hard and slow things down. It might be ok if you have it fixed on a tripod though. I'll test out Night Mode later but I usually don't like extra processing going on.

With the GO-HD's autofocus, I'd imagine a lot of the footage would end up worse since like the bowlers or people passing by, suddenly ending up in the frame, would probably confuse it. I like the fixed lens because of this and because then there's no moving parts.

I'm very happy with the A-HD since I only paid $150. Great deal. It's a great way to dip into the high definition world and go through all the trials and tribulations of shooting, editing, and publishing HD video.

Rodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2007, 3:36 PM   #165

I am super-Happy. the1st owner, video on the net, and placed my review for all, price did not make a difference of a few dollars savings?

Holidays are here, and that means I best be making that topic ?

Night mode works great depending on the situations,a nd agree in ways?

Go-Hd yes hey, camera, over here, no here, no there, sux when it is trying super-hard at night to focus?

I thought there were a difference in chips but , all the same just extra parts, and if you like vibration in the hand or noise from the camera the go is it LMAO?

Now HDguy that link I read, and thought I joined. and see the posts are smashing? love the ranting going on LMAO ?

Vegas i will triale soon, the weather seems to be not on my side at times? since the GO-HD is in my hands LMAO again

t hanks for the info.............

Old Oct 7, 2007, 8:31 PM   #166

I see that both Target and Best Buy stores in my area as having the camera available at the store (check via zip code). Target has it for $140.

Old Oct 10, 2007, 6:12 PM   #167

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQAvKl-gIRk

Well i tossed some video together night scen and day time

the A-Hd and GO-Hd if you realy want to pick at the videos you may tell which camcorder is which? good luck

this shows you how wel lit does at night time. we already know daytime isfine?
Old Oct 10, 2007, 11:56 PM   #168

Fishy, transition addiction is curable with help. It is a one step program, but we are all here to help you through the ruff times ;>)

Step one: Stop using transitions!

funkydmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2007, 1:38 PM   #169

Well I finally bought the A-HD. Picked it up from Target. After having ordered one from CC and waiting a month and never recieving it, FEDEX lost it.... nice. Anyhow picked it up from Target for $139.

And guess what..... the case is BLACK, not blue! I must have a special edition model. Battery is charging now, can't wait to give it a try.

Thanks Fishy for all you have done in making me want to purchase this camera... hopefully it will hold me over till the HD1000 or HD700 come down in price.

Generalg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2007, 1:47 PM   #170

General... you are welcomed.

I do not know if we can read a firmware, not even a bother to me?

1 black case hmmm wonder what differences there are?

Absolutely sure it is not navy blue the lens cap is black, and you're saying it is as the same color as the lens cap . I believe ya? any different features can you tell, once you play with it let us know again you're welcomed?

Funky alright you want a bland video , you got it? if you take note of that vid you'll never tell theGO from the A-HD it is all mixed together LMAO? but hey either way it did the job?