Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Oct 28, 2007, 8:43 AM   #251

renerugerio welcome aboard.

The Black vz Blue, fingerprints appear more, hmm must be oily fingers? :G

The sd card you placed in the camcorder needs a format in the camcorder the sdcard always has a few mbs dedicated for devices 1kb seems like a spec of dust to 1 gig and that info will stop the crashing.

have you at that time tried it?

Now what Sd card to ge, should not be asked by us, but Directed to Aiptek, We will bevery happy to give you direction of a sdcard?

1 sanDisk genera sold ones of standard digital cameras causes the 12.01 to shut down every so often

2 PNY standard may do the same am going to further my testing

3 AData, and Panasonic not yet tested out but own these

4 SDHC sandisk , not yet crashed in the Go or placed in the A-HD

Today SDHC cards are on the move, this will one day cause standard Sd cards to be Obsolete. Like Olympus compact to Xd cards. making you either switch cameras or wait till the sd car dies? it will happen but when

look at the tv BB is discontinueing tubed ones offtheir shelves and going to stock digital boxs

HD radios are showing up in cars...................

budget if I wanted to buy Transformers HDDVD :P.

You're not going to get the movie on the pcamcorder unless you record it live with the AV input. and by the time you reach the final scene drainage will occure:G

When you see the new one arrive see what firmware you have?

you'll format the SD card first if not you will recieve that cardcrash again it is normal to happen notyour fault

Enjoy no insults here just fun stuff LOL

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2007, 11:47 AM   #252

funky;

I used magix this time around I could not figure out how to capture from the camcorder yet , still to learn when given thechance? I am also saving in wmm

Jvc plays/ aiptek A-hd/ aiptek IS-DV back to Jvc

you'll get a kick out of not just aspect ratio, but just a few years ago where westand with a camcorder

WOW! is all I can say?

http://blip.tv/file/450898/this is magix saved movie

do not even ask me to show you wmm it is the same

so this tells me the jvc can fit on a wide screen but may not film in 720x480 it most likely films in 640x480 and that may be the reson we see a wider body?
Old Oct 28, 2007, 1:56 PM   #253

learning the hard way, Adric may be laughing very hard if hecan follow the thread from his trip.

renerugeriothis will answer your question.

Alot has been said about the A-HD, If just one person can help others out and be honest as one can be, that is priceless to the Hi-Def world. We all agree on that.

and that you have e to thank? I will leave that up to you to decide.

Stay tune for a video i will be working on, andthere is absolutely no gimmiks or tricks I promise you that.

this deals with SDHC and a standard sd card what one needs to know

thank you Fishy

Old Oct 28, 2007, 1:59 PM   #254

Hi all,
Got the a-hd last week after reading here found out how to check the firmware.
After checking I figured I'd post that my firmware is full:1.600 dated sep 14 2007 just figured you good folks would like to know so when you call aiptek they won't give you the run around that yours is the current firmware only wish there was software to extract the firmware available

Thanks,
csc
csc72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2007, 3:26 PM   #255

At 4 mbps bitrate the A-HD doesn't require an SDHC card but larger cards are SDHC and so far about the same price per GB as the regular SD cards. To most devices an SDHC should only look like an SD card anyway except capable of taking fast writes.

hdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2007, 3:42 PM   #256

csc72 wrote:
Quote:
Hi all,
Got the a-hd last week after reading here found out how to check the firmware.
After checking I figured I'd post that my firmware is full:1.600 dated sep 14 2007 just figured you good folks would like to know so when you call aiptek they won't give you the run around that yours is the current firmware only wish there was software to extract the firmware available

Thanks,
csc
Any Possable way you can get a Pic of that screen withing the next 30 minutes if not your word is solid I am makinga video review andwould love the latest?

16.01 , like I saida few more it is history
Old Oct 28, 2007, 4:00 PM   #257

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
Funk,

I never sai dthe Jbc gd-397 U is a sd camcorder, I said it is a dvc tape unit on the video
Well it is a SD camcorder. 720x480 NTSC standard.

In a comparison the A-HD video should fill the screen, while the JVC SD video should leave small letter-box at either side. In your first comparison video the JVC is showing a proper 4:3, but so is the A-HD(the sides of the 16:9 frame are cut off) In your second comparison video the A-HD 16:9 frame is fine but the JVC SD image is squished. When shooting with the JVC be sure never to use any 16:9 or "sqeeze" mode stuff. Those will degrade the picture.

Your first comparo video is the best of the two, but the JVC needed to be more directly in front of you like the A-HD shot, as well the cam needed to be placed much closer to you untill you are the same size as the A-HD shot, not zoomed. Regardless your video is showing the A-HD to be providing a nice image in comparison, although that JVC appears to be providing pretty much the worst DV image I have seen.
funkydmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2007, 4:16 PM   #258

LOL I see your point.

The JVC GR-d 395 is a DVC taped unit, and has a sd card with a 1.3 megapixal camera. It doesnot do sd video at all. I may not be understanding it correctly. but hec it records on a tape, and takes real time to transfer to the pc 1 min ofshot footage one minute transfer?

As I should build a tripod attachment, but not worth it. I at times forget the correct angles, and that I do appologise . but I am sure all is ment in a good outcome.

never tryingto show Aiptek to bea better model, but for sure it is in Quality of video, but not sound.

I am making a video review now just waitingfor magix to render a clip. goingto ad it in the end of the video

thanks for the tips Funky...............
Old Oct 28, 2007, 5:09 PM   #259

SD is a resolution standard (NTSC and PAL). When discussing camcorders they will be either SD or HD. Then each cam will have a set codec it captures to. The JVC is a SD cam that captures DV (DV codec) onto minDV tape. There are many HD cams that capture HDV (HDV codec) as well onto miniDV tape. AVCHD or mp4 cams never capture onto tape. So when someone is discussing cams, SD always refers to the resolution.
Again the trick in comparing cams is to make sure the subject is the exact same size and angle when captured from both cams, and that no zoom is ever used.
I know you are not trying to make the A-HD look better. You have always been very subjective in all of your reviews, and it is appreciated.

funkydmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2007, 6:18 PM   #260

thank you for the clearification Iwasstuck on sdcards LOL

http://blip.tv/file/451549

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqa2ww6oq5o

As promised the video of a sdhc card delema with the A-HD

what happened to me is in the video:

I stepped out with the sdhc card, not truely knowing the outcome till I got home. My last video was filming when the wind knocked the camcorder over, video is not lost (hip hip)

1 sdhc card will play, but not be displayed as a video or any visability in the lcd screen when playback.

2 You may format till the battery drains dead, you'll not lose your footage

3 Aiptek marks the box up to 32 gig sdhc cards while I have displayed the glitches of what happ's

4 standard cards are best to use , while sdhc cards one day will be the only usable card.

I hope this video helps others decide if the Economy glitchs are woth it?

last note that is magix anda 5 minute sped up video edited with wmm it an effect thatis excellent enjoy

I have some time elapse footages will convert over soon