Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Oct 28, 2007, 6:47 PM   #261

http://www.vimeo.com/3612271 min

http://www.vimeo.com/361136 5 min natural ona tripod and windy

Just thought I toss these one up as well
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2007, 7:21 PM   #262

Wayne12 wrote:
Quote:
sandmanfvr wrote:
Quote:
Been asking this on the forums here for a while, but the a-hd looks nice, the sample I saw was great. For the indy film my friend and I are making, I think this might be good. Reading above though, to many artifacts in the footage?
I don't like raining on people's parades (unless their an pretentious trying to actually design an indy film camera with little objective ability, knowledge. or ear to learn, like I've had to deal with before). Unfortunately, what they are saying is true, the camera is amazingly lacking to make an Indy film.

However post film processing to intelligently de-block/debluryblob and de-artifact to an higher data-rate format may help, but probably not enough.

So, recording the component/video, which is what I am interested in, may also help. Problem is the output might be compressed (then no advantage) limited to SD resolutions which would be cheaper recording resolutions and better than too compressed HD). But, if it is uncompressed HD, it will require an Intensity PRO PC card, and small computer (unless there is an cheaper component solution) which would boost the cost to as much as an Canon HV20, but be better in many ways).

Personally, it would be good to test the component and video output for compression and resolution and accuracy (as it might be bad analogue output) and testing de-blocking and de-artifacting tools.

I suggest going over to dvinfo, look in the alternative imaging forums fro the Elphel camera threads for what solutions they use for de-artifacting and de-blocking of that camera, and then go over to the Sanyo forum and look for the solutions they use over there (would be older threads). Don't fall for the allure of the Elphel camera, they are very heavily compressed with MJPEG, but are currently trying to establish higher quality compression, and new cameras that record lossless/visually lossless to hard disk.

You might like to look at the Samsung HD camera for $799 (forget the model number). Uses the same codec chip manufacturer as this camera, but runs at around 12Mb/s at 50fps (drop every second frame and slow down video 4% to get 24fps with audio pitch compensation.
I can keepign an list fo suitable cameras for low end indie film, if you want to hear it I can list some.
Thanks. Thought about Aiptek, but saw a friends yesterday (Not a A-HD or GO-HD) but the quality is just ho hum. The sanyo's are nice, but to high. I would take some recommendations from ya, maybe in private message or email not to clog up this topic. I got ideas of Mini DV such as the ZR800 and the Elura 100 (have to ebay that one). Thanks.
sandmanfvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2007, 9:24 PM   #263

sorry fishy just got back home and got a very hard to read photo off tv screen. cam screen way to blurry (to much glare) icam is no a-hd but tried to upload but is 848 kb sit says to big to upload and all you can clearly make out due to glare is the date of firmarwe

p.s. any idea how to access firmware of icam tried every button combo no go

thanks

csc
csc72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2007, 9:37 PM   #264

Hi again fishy got better pic turned exposure all the way down but now size is 1.13 meg

[img]file:///F:/DCIM/100MEDIA/PICT0018.JPG[/img]he he figured out ho to cut and paste it with out attachment

thanks

csc
p.s. after watching video you jt did fishy tried same thing with my 4 gig sdhc ultra II sandisk card worked flawlessly but I didnt format in camera being I moved it over from the icam and didnt want to loss data will try tomarrow
Old Oct 28, 2007, 9:58 PM   #265

[img]file:///F:/DCIM/100MEDIA/PICT0018.JPG[/img]

not sure why but pic disappeared when I edited last post can only guess that I didnt have cam hooked up
Old Oct 29, 2007, 3:21 AM   #266

do not bother the vid is already made Lol thank you for the effort though. it taken 3 hours after the post lol.

a SDHC card you have the same issues no playback at all?

If so on the ver/ 16.01 I wonder what are the fixs raise the vol just .001 db, adjust sharpness, and reset after 3 turn ons
Old Oct 29, 2007, 1:33 PM   #267

My camera with the 1.600 firmware doesn't have any issues with play back like your last review my friends which has the 1.302 firmware also functions fine with playback and he uses the same type sandisk 4gb sdhc as in your video no issues on playback attached is pic of tv screen displaying 1.600 firmware seeing as everytime I pull site back up pic is gone I shrank it to be downloadable to forums
Attached Images

Old Oct 29, 2007, 2:00 PM   #268

thank you.

I have gone out and thought I stop by the water and get some footage while the tide was low. I have a 2 gig sd card PNY hadsome files on there. well start my shoot a 5 min vid , it stops aroound a min and back to the main screen hmmm try again may be I did not press the record?

Wel l sure enough I did press the record, I had to delete the sd card, I did not want to delete all vids b/c I had a very nice shot of a plane going about the same speed as i were he , I guess was told notto take off but bypass the take off so he was cruising 80 down to a slow, I opened up the camera lucky enough to get a few secs ittaken like forever to get the few second footage lol

I did delete all other files and lucky the filefailure may have been something in one of the files. full memory or etc.

I konow if you accedently drop or the camera fell you'll nor lose the recorded stuff ifrecording it NOW saves it that is new.

I am home and will take time for some Time elapse footage.

I was again Lucky to see a cruiseship go by what my eyes see is way more info than the Hybrid, and wish what I see was biggr with the camcorder.

thanks for listening Fishy

p.s. alway trying to keep you interested.................
Old Oct 29, 2007, 2:32 PM   #269

http://www.vimeo.com/362463

Just a teaser in hdtv gotta love it
Old Oct 29, 2007, 4:21 PM   #270

hi
Where i can download the latest firmware of a-hd 200 1.6?
If my cam have the av in desactivated can y enable flashing firmware? or the hardware is diferent?

Thanks and sorry for my english
l3g0r is offline   Reply With Quote