Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Nov 1, 2007, 10:04 PM   #281

Thanks for the link Fishy. $99 bucks and free shipping. That will only cost me $93 as the Canadian dollar is sky high right now (great time to buy).
My question is have you had any experience or heard of anyone dealing with them? Just hope they are legit! Their prices are very low. Scary low. For eg. a Canon HV20 HDV cam sells for $555 from them yet its standard web price from the webs largest retailer is from B&H photo $798 free shipping. That is a huge diff. Something is wrong.
Cheers

funkydmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2007, 10:23 PM   #282

Not sure where you found that site Fishy, but after a little search I found this:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...5162239AApnQCW

Does not look good.
So back to my origional question:
"I'm about to get my US friend to pick one up for me so what is the word on the best place to buy (Price/Stock/best firmware/SD cards)?"

So who has stock- best price - and known latest firmware models - of a major store: BB, CC, Target? Help!!!
I want my friend to order one and ship it to me.
Cheers

Old Nov 2, 2007, 1:44 AM   #283

csc72 wrote:
Quote:
Hi all,
Got the a-hd last week after reading here found out how to check the firmware.
After checking I figured I'd post that my firmware is full:1.600 dated sep 14 2007 just figured you good folks would like to know so when you call aiptek they won't give you the run around that yours is the current firmware only wish there was software to extract the firmware available

Thanks,
csc
May I ask where you bought your cam?
Thanks

Old Nov 2, 2007, 2:45 AM   #284

Has anyone asked Aiptek about 1.6 firmware andgot it?
shtirlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2007, 4:40 AM   #285

Yet another question to throw out: Has anyone tested the maximum clip length? With an 8 GB card that would allow for 4+ hrs. Anyone ever filled an 2GB or 4GB or 8GB card with a single clip?

**Edit**
I read a customer review at CC. The fellow states he uses the cam for home security. He uses an 8GB card and gets 9.5hrs (must be using the SD RES mode) with it plugged into the power. So that is good news.
Old Nov 2, 2007, 7:36 AM   #286

funkydmunky
I bought it at best buy online and had it shipped to me. my friend's with the older firmware was bought later online but done as store pickup both were 119.99 on sale with free tripod but sal ended on 27th
csc72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2007, 8:47 AM   #287

1. I posted an announcement NestBuy and Target on sale at 109 NYC and 129 Target, sale Ended last weekend

Today, thurs -wed the sale is back up in price 149. that is not a sale price.

Ifyou recieve an Aiptek @ 149.99 and its Firmware is old 12.0-15.01 I would say you're overpaying they should have discounted due to the Companies Glitchs in the device

Today latest Firmware by Csc. 16.01 that to me would be the correct price 149.99

I am just making an opinion. but IF you're paying $$$ your hard earned cash and not recievingafirmware or an answer from Aiptek. would you say that is GOOD bussiness?

You wantto be happy and have a perfect camera?

2 Sd car wil play as long as you have memory. the battery will play as longas you have juice, a AC adaptor that is plugged in will play as longas you do notdisconnect.

the problem with keeping it on 24/7 the hybrid gets very warm, even if it is in your pocket in an OFF position.

hope the answers from others and I helped?

Also ifthe camera drops you'll have the saved video, older versions you lost it.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2007, 9:22 PM   #288

cam seems to work under bsd BUT need sd card inserted no sd had issues(interanal would show up on desktopbut would freeze maybe I didn'T wait long enuff)but after card was in would see internal and sd card (but no go with out). so my guess is libusb can see this cam and is useable under linux/bsd/posix systems

+ libusb the posix driver(opensource) does see the memory

and yes both vids and pics incase you were wondering

so should work for you mac folks too

vids were slow but comp. was only 800 cpu and less than 400meg of memory

hope this helps

csc
Old Nov 3, 2007, 12:08 AM   #289

also the Nand: shows blank in my pic because it doesnt show it on the tv out display the viewr on the cam does show th Nand: HY27US08561M which may I add is a flash memory not sure why it doesnt show up on the tv out

also fishy not sure why you say firmeware is 16.01 when I said its 1.600

thanks

csc
Old Nov 3, 2007, 7:32 AM   #290

I am not perfect, made a mistake and oh well. lol

I appologise if I left it a mistake
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote