Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Aug 27, 2007, 2:35 PM   #21

The video looks pretty much the same as the GO HD which I would expect as it uses the same chipset. Have you tried a loud audio source to hear if it distorts? The replacement camera Aiptek sent me does that but I'm not sure the original did and others have complained of distortion with high volume.

hdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2007, 2:43 PM   #22

HDGuy did you see thefirework video, it blows the defective go away. Even my casio, but not the JVC or other older Aipteks.

1Funny you mention distotion?

what I found out , all works fine with the A-Hd, and am in a second part video with bad points of the A-HD? hoping to get it on the air by later early evening>

1 I went around town, andgot footage, all the sound I recived was a lower lesser distortion, and more catered to the narrator then the surrounding?

2 I found that the A-HD, and can also come to the conclusion on the GO, both Hybrids recieved interference with the cars electronics. causing a zipper like sound effect?

The older models never done this LMAO. happy that the camera works fine in most ways?

hope that answerd your question
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2007, 1:21 PM   #23

New cameras. Obvious question, does it have uncompressed HD video during filming, or in standby, through component, or does it have HDMI?

What happened with the 7000 HD from Digilife (was it?).

Thanks.
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2007, 2:19 PM   #24

Wayne12 wrote:
Quote:
New cameras. Obvious question, does it have uncompressed HD video during filming, or in standby, through component, or does it have HDMI?
What happened with the 7000 HD from Digilife (was it?).
Thanks.
1. it is a MPEG4 compressionno,

compressionis advanced H.264 codec quicktime.mov

2. HDMi plug no it is a dvd rca plug red green blue. 720 progression, you use the regular jack to the regular av output for the audio, and the hdtv output plug for video?

3 diglife you'll turn blue like the Aiptek, they say they have one, but never follow through till 6 months to a year later?
Old Aug 29, 2007, 5:57 AM   #25

Live video output of cameras is often live and uncompressed in order to not have delay, versus playback which is always as compressed as recorded. But we noticed in other cameras that no video is displayed outside of playback, or lower res video is displayed.

Is it possible to find out if the video component output, when not playing back, is uncompressed HD?

Any news on the frame rate and data rate?

Fishy, I can't get the message window to open, some problem. But telling HD uncompressed, have to experiment with true component HD input on an TV that tells you what res it is, setting to high speed shutter, and move complex picture around in front of camera slowly or quickly, and see if it blocks up or other image motion artifacts, even flashing bulbs might do something. Any better suggestions guys? It should just look better than DVD resolution, or camera playback, on an large true HD input/display panel up close.

So the data rate is still around 5mb/s?

I need to come back to this thread and read it properly. But how is the A-HD camera better or worse compared to the Go, or HD2, Kodak, or TX1? I have an small download speed, and am too sick to read too much, so any help would be appreciated.

The format resolutions are insane to me. I know they were all sorted out long ago for technical reasons, but it still looks odd.

Take the SD resolutions, 640*480 is not, but 720*XXX (some even have 768*XXX) to give square pixels, but is used without in the US (or are their TV's 3:2 instead of 4:3). No standard analogue broadcast can actually carry these horizontal resolutions (except for 640 in Brazil etc) but luckily many CRT TV's have lower resolutions.

The interesting thing with 720p and 1080i, is that display 720p on SD TV I think you land up with close to two 720p lines for each SD scan line *correct interpolation) but 1280 is double 640 not 720, though I suspect that 640 is the actual part that is not in the over-scan area of an tube. However display it as full screen, and 720p does not evenly go into the full display hight. With 1080i though, it does go evenly into 720*540 display hight and width goes into wide SD screen. But 1080p and 720p does not mix. Interpolation errors everywhere. Even SD digital is 720*540 wide screen. There is not enough bandwidth in digital HDTV channels to properly do 1080i and the interlace also produces less efficient encoding. 720p50 works better using the same bandwidth. So they try broadcasting 1440*1080i (like HDV) to give the codec more quality (lots of interpolation) and everybody is going mad trying to promote 1080. But in Australia where you have wider channels that could give more bandwidth to 1080i, you still get stuck with the same max data rate available to US channels.

Funny, though insane.

It they had done SD at 640*480, then 640*360 digital wide screen, HD 1280*720 and HD disks 2560*1440. That more suites data rate constraints.

The moral of the story, find an nice camera and stop worrying about formats if you are not professional (except for 1080i) and be happy with it.

Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2007, 2:14 PM   #26

Fishy, try turning the camera on yourself and turn the LCD around so you can see yourself while you're shooting or even just pointed at you. I bet that like the GO HD you'll see a slight delay which suggests that even if you can display to a set using the component output it is still being compressed and decompressed by the chipset. I can't test the component because my HD set is a 1999 model and essentially just a monitor (no ATSC tuner) and can only display 1080i component signals (as well as 480i and p).

answer:

fishy said:
Yes as i may or may not have mentioned. thank you for clearing up the question?

1 there is a delay of about a split second. anddepending on the movement you do?

hdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2007, 11:18 AM   #27

one had asked how are the hybrid in fireworks, night time pix, and AF?

below are a few shots of the A-HD of course if there is light it will pick up, the Court House shot is stunning, as a priceless moment, if you ask me? But the other one is of a deer there are two. I was a lanes distance. and had "MADE" sure my hand and camera angle was perfect? no matter what I did, the video may just may show the deer, and it does but a failed shot for sure? But adding the brightness filter I see them? not perfection but hey total darkness worked for me on a failed shot

actual video downgrade, and filtered

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=MD3FAXT4

Now the Fireworks three camcorders sound ccd, cmos sensor AF youdecide if they're good or bad?

So As I am in week one of the Hybrid it iswith me , liking it more and more.

good or bad

Hey 170.00 got something that films in Hi-DEF, takes a good pic, captures the video, and records off the tube. what more can oneask fo. I traded in my other Hybrid and totally forget the $$$ was set aside so al in all I saved a bundle

if this Hybriddrops 20.00 I will not be upset . I can say my serial Number is not 0000001 but I can tell you I am the FIRST to OWN a Economy -A_HD 720P model?

enjoy

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=G9XH5XEE

Old Aug 31, 2007, 12:46 PM   #28

Quote:
sure? But adding the brightness filter I see them? not perfection but hey total darkness worked for me on a failed shot

Actually, brightness filters don't work well for this type of thing. You should use color-level histogram functions. I re-attached your image. I bet it would look a lot better if I had the original image before it was recompressed for upload to the board. You can do some amazing things with histograms.

Attached Images

adric22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2007, 1:12 PM   #29

awesome . when I used paintshop pro6 the Histogram isaweful it is realy grayed and seperated shows the pic here is the full file

those who want to work on may do so?

http://www.upfordown.com/pupload/view/2940
Old Aug 31, 2007, 1:20 PM   #30

Thanks alot for doing the fireworks vids, fishycomics: the A-HD really stands out with the sound. video wise it beats the the JVC handsdown, the Casio comes close, but the sound is rather disappointing IMO.

now I'd really love to see some CG6 fireworks (looks at adric :G)
reprazent is offline   Reply With Quote