Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Nov 3, 2007, 11:18 AM   #291
gcy

Fishycomics,

I bought the A-HD simply based on your good reviews and the sample video quality you posted. Lets just say I am quite disappointed with the video quality. Every video seems to have noises, and the videos looked washed out.(even in a sunny day) Granted its only a $130+ camcorder but still, the video is no were near HD.

Another thing is that the video seem to choke a little when playing back. I am running a fresh installation of XP on a 2.80GHz dual core, 3GB RAM PC. On Windows Task Manager, my CPU Usage is around 0%-4%, but when playing a video, the CPU usage is up to around 70%! If I am running a couple of programs and try playing the video, its nearly impossible for it to play smoothly.

Also where do I check what firmware verison I have?
gcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2007, 11:47 AM   #292

check firmware

hold the mode button and the button on the top lfet of the display screen/viewer

as for the play back they playbetter for me if I transfer them off the cam than play them even on a dual core amd there seems to be lag with wathcing from usb.

Also quicktime was a dog on same computer switched to quicktime alternative and seemed to help alot

as for the video looking washed out mine all seem fine way better than the $79 Icam form aiptek I have but both cams took better video with the ultra II card than with a standard sandisk card rated at class 2 the 2mb/s vs 9mb/s transfer rate of the ultra II make a difference.

As for the noise I can always hear any movement I make due to being the closet to the mic

P.S. also try and go into settings and reset to default and make sure nightvision is off cam may have been set to hi exposure and not reset before packaging also under different lighting you may need to adjust the exposre or other settings for the enviroment your shooting in
csc72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2007, 12:20 PM   #293

gcy wrote:
Quote:
Fishycomics,

I bought the A-HD simply based on your good reviews
GCY. I never force one to buy.

I place a positive, and a negetive feel AIPTEK is to BLAME.

2nd post should have the firmware proceedures, if it is there AIPTEK HEY you released it get it to us.

1. lets say my video will work on my HP1070N machine and yes I have updated from QT 4 -to- 7.123 and will upgrade to 7.2

You have that option to load WMP conversion over it is a quicktime for windows changes all icons to wmp and no thumbnails.

CSC, issupporting and backing me up. maybe it is the items or programs you have running. have you tried viewing on the tube?

you should fall asleep on this video it is HQ flash and this prooves the sound is not there. I rather place edited music in there.
http://www.vimeo.com/361136
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2007, 12:38 PM   #294

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
I am not perfect, made a mistake and oh well. lol

I appologise if I left it a mistake
no prob fishy just didn't want people calling aiptek and giving wrong firmware info and aiptek could argue no 16.01 exists for that product

was also hoping you were saying 16.01 because you had a software tool that would display the numbers different guess not back to how do I get a raw dump off the HY27US08561M chip this I am preetty sure is where the firmware resides that way people could compare the diferences in code and maybe make a patch to use the av in/out to hook up external mic it does have a/v in so it is surely doable

also have you ever figured out how to access the firmware in dv t100 which looks alot like my Icam next to the swivel screen I'd like to know if it also uses the HY27US08561M
Old Nov 3, 2007, 12:42 PM   #295
gcy

Looks like I have firmware V1.302. What does the newer firmware fix anyway?

csc, I was refering to video noise not background noise.
fishycomics, I know you didn't force me to buy it. I was considering it and your reviews and sample clips does it for me.
gcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2007, 12:56 PM   #296

gcy

not sure what the fixes are yet friend has smae cam firmware as you have to try to find a side by side set up with tripods to see if theres a big diference or any

havent had the chance as of yet

well off to work on my car cya
Old Nov 3, 2007, 1:12 PM   #297

firmwares are all diffrent hmmm

mine again is

and the pic shows a time ofwrong calibrtion it is 11/03 1;11Pm lol

you'll need to get the sheet aiptek supplies like they did with the Is-DV and they're not going to help at all tehy seem to be secretive today
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2007, 9:13 PM   #298

hmm fishy from you Nand: you have a toshiba chip mines made by Hynix probaly same chip but different manufacturer not unkcommon in semi-conductor i'll have to look at spec sheets but i'm guessing both are 256Mb flash chips which are common flash eeprom media i'll check my friends with the 1.302 firmware to see which chip he's got(I don't think it matters but never hurts to know) I've dealt with many chips that do the same thing form many manufacturers.
BUt glad you posted pic toshiba based chip helps me I hope
Old Nov 3, 2007, 9:14 PM   #299

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
gcy wrote:
Quote:
Fishycomics,

I bought the A-HD simply based on your good reviews
GCY. I never force one to buy.

I place a positive, and a negetive feel AIPTEK is to BLAME.

2nd post should have the firmware proceedures, if it is there AIPTEK HEY you released it get it to us.

1. lets say my video will work on my HP1070N machine and yes I have updated from QT 4 -to- 7.123 and will upgrade to 7.2

You have that option to load WMP conversion over it is a quicktime for windows changes all icons to wmp and no thumbnails.

CSC, issupporting and backing me up. maybe it is the items or programs you have running. have you tried viewing on the tube?

you should fall asleep on this video it is HQ flash and this prooves the sound is not there. I rather place edited music in there.
http://www.vimeo.com/361136
Fishy, like your last video from that sever it is listed as "Private" we can't watch. Boo hoo!

gcy, fishy made those video's that you were so impressed with, with the same cam. So the video isn't going to suddenly tank. Make sure you check your settings in cam, and check your pc software. Your system sounds like it is running very in-efficient. What GFX card are you using? As far as playback software I suggest you install VLC or Video Lan Player. It is freeware and is what many video pro's use to see a proper image as well it is very efficient and fast. Try it out and let us know.
funkydmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2007, 10:08 PM   #300

I totally agree vlc is an awsome player my top choice for linux/bsd/and all unix based oses oh yeah and when I'm forced/choose to use windows very lite player with good features