Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Nov 4, 2007, 12:23 AM   #301
gcy

I was using VLC. It must have been the OS or the codec I installed. I was using a fresh installation of XP(something must have gone wrong) I reinstalled another copy and it worked fine. The setting on my cam is all default/auto. Didn't change the white balance or expouse, etc.. I might post a sample vid and let you guys decide the quality.

btw...its still using up cpu. Its about 25%(from 0%) to play the vid.
gcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2007, 1:15 AM   #302
gcy

alright heres a video. Unedited

Taken in my school in midtown Manhattan.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=C2ETF1Y9
Old Nov 4, 2007, 1:31 AM   #303

gyc- that video has nothing wrong with it execpt the operator ;>) .
It looks good. I see some balcony posts. Are you shooting through windows or were you completely outside?
Second of all this is a $150 cam. Guess how much its lens cost? Guess what type of shot you were trying to make? (guess what distance that lens is optimized for?)

There isn't much noise in that video, and the lighting isn't great. It looks very good all things considered. This comming from a guy with heavy prosumer HDV experience (does anyone have any idea what this quality cost 5 years ago?).
Try this. Buy a tri-pod. Compose a shot. Let the cam capture for at least 30 sec without touching it. Ask people if it sucks.
Be happy.

funkydmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2007, 1:55 AM   #304

vid looked pretty good to me try playing iy in media player classic under windows it played it way smoother than vlc under windows on slow machine withold built invid card

and I don't mean windows media player

I mean the one here

http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...ckage_id=84358
csc72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2007, 2:09 AM   #305

funkydmunky
I agree a tripod would help alot or at least place it on your knee which i do all the time even tho I do have a tripod
csc72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2007, 4:34 AM   #306

I use media player classic myself (part of Klite codec pack) and it works like a charm. For some slow systems VLC seems to be the best.

funkydmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2007, 6:16 AM   #307

I alos have the Go ver1.5 very pleased havin a latest firmware.

If Aiptek has a Hybrid and if their supplier runs short , they have other sources so this isnot a problem as long as they act the same, but in this case we do not know thee are many, many guests that do not know ofthis site and those who just read.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2007, 10:36 AM   #308
gcy

I was competely outside when I shot the vid. I don't know I must be comparing the quality to my Canon Powershot camera. Even though it only records at 680x480, the videos are much sharper and clearer compared to the A-HD. I mean if a camera can record better than a "HD" camcorder, somethings not right.
Old Nov 4, 2007, 10:45 AM   #309

do a test shot and load up a sample.

1 plastic lenses , cannot be compared to glass lenses.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2007, 7:51 PM   #310

Hey guys just rcently purchased the Black model of the A-HD 720P at my local target store here in washington state. it cam ewith firmware 1.302... while trying 5 different brand name sd cards i dont get the camera crash with this firmware instead i get a infinite loop issue where cam powers itself on and off on and off and screen fflashes on and off with picture does not show timer, when it doesnt like the sd card inserted..

also on mine the mic is to overly senseitive i can pick up ambient outside noise from a 1/4 mile away or more loud. dont know if that is a defect or if the firmware i got does that.... does anyone elses mic on their A-HD do that?

anyway here are some video clips in 1280x720p30fps uploaded to vimeo which once aftere upload recompresses it a little more, let me know if my A-HD is operating normally compared to others besides the mic issue.. thanks!

http://vimeo.com/user287998/videos

if others dont have this mic/audio issue like i do let me know so i can return back to target

:?
skyhawk21 is offline   Reply With Quote