Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Nov 4, 2007, 8:58 PM   #311

1. Format the sd card in the camera, this will stop the crash

2. lens cap is ratteling, and the water is heard, by far a better sound then mine.

3 the Van with the muffler is also fine

Now it is a decision 1.3 version is outdated and 1.6 is newer A_HDB is the model the target may have old versions and that is why I have the oldest . Aiptek denies a fix while they are working on it in Tawian

I look deepely into a Sanyo series a few more dolalrs like double but for the price it is worth 129. on sale 150 not on sale I say sleep on it you have 90 days but a sale may come back soon due to Holiday shopping
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2007, 7:14 AM   #312

fishycomics,

Thanks for all your efforts. I read all 17 pages of this thread and watched many videos. The regular price for this is $138.54 at Walmart. So if no one can wait for a sale at one of the big electronics stores with poor return policies, this may be an option for you.

Steve
sprof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2007, 7:29 AM   #313

Sprof Wlcome in

when reading you see a positive output more and more than BAM a low then a high etc.

just be prepared for thesales by 3 weeks time walmart is a great place as well, but not a favorite at all times
Old Nov 5, 2007, 9:03 AM   #314

I went to my local target yesterday and held this bad boy in my hand. The thing was out of power, it came on, then went off. I was impresed by the build of it. The indy film that I am a co authro will be making needs a camcorder. UGH!! I think this would be a great cam, but the problems of artifacts and stuff make me worry. I know this is a $150 or so camcorder, but better than the 8mm I got and it is widescreen. *sigh* I think I will look at some more videos on here tonight. I read on here about having the newer high speed SD reduces or eleminates the artifacts etc? I am SO confused on this.:? :? :?
sandmanfvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2007, 11:09 AM   #315

we can only comment and not tel you what to buy, but if I were ina bussines like that I go Sanyo xacti h2 but if I were just well ugh thinking about it I may get the A-Hd for a bussiness just to get started
Old Nov 6, 2007, 5:27 PM   #316

Hi Fishy! I've been following your review on the A-HD. They are great!Your reviews helped me decide to get one.I grabbed one last Sunday at the local BestBuy store for $150 + tax. Although not as good as those $1000 models, overall I am happy with my purchase.

Hey, would you be kind enough to let me know what software are you using to edit your HD videos? Thank you in anticipation.
JigoLigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2007, 6:30 PM   #317

Jig......Welcome in

I am using magixedit pro 12 BB sold at 40.00 needs an update patch file .

my pc is a little slow for the software or the program is kinda funny on the transitions and effects, it does not show, it can also Burn at hd andmore I also use Sony vegas 850 % work and fail. you can change the format to work 100% change the .mov-to mp4 just tte name. Platinium 8 Iwas going to get but . I am happy with magix allows to edit period LOL

Happy that you are enjoying yourself post a sample clip soon thanx
Old Nov 6, 2007, 8:25 PM   #318

Fishy, thank you for letting me know what softwares you are using. I'll check the Magixedit next time I visit BestBuy. Also, I'll try to postsample video shots as soon as I start shooting. Thanks again. Yu da man!
Old Nov 6, 2007, 8:57 PM   #319

Hi Fishycomics!
I've been following your review on the Aiptek A-HD the last days.
Your reviews helped me decide to get one....as I did yesterday from Target for $150 + tax.
Last week I bought the SONY NSC-GC1 NET SHARING but after a couple of days I decided to return it due to its bad video quality.

So far I am happy .....I spent $ 150 compare to Sony at $ 180.. I would like to ask you a question: when I try to watch my video on the computer the quality is pretty good but it seems to stop and start and the video footage is not smooth.

I used media player to watch them version 6.4.8.4. and my SD card is a Lexar 2gb Premium 60x.
What should I do to see them properly?
Thanks

dpmanuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2007, 10:32 PM   #320

Same with me. I was disappointed when at first I watched my test shots with my laptop. But then, when I played it with a faster desktop computer, the video was smooth. Same when I played with my HDTV, it was smooth and clear. With your 60x card, I guess that's a bit slow. You can try savingyour shots to your Hard Drive and play it from there. I am using apple's Quicktime to play my video.