Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Nov 12, 2007, 10:20 AM   #351

after:
Attached Images

shtirlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2007, 10:20 AM   #352

after:
Attached Images

Old Nov 12, 2007, 10:20 AM   #353

after:
Attached Images

Old Nov 12, 2007, 10:34 AM   #354

that is exactly what i was trying to show. but as iretryed i am no longerable to get the default firmmware back on

DUE to enabling the firmware proccess.

so uploading for me will not be able to go back or upgrading unless a newhybrid is in my hand
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2007, 10:43 AM   #355

btw, after I flashed, holding rec+back doesn't go into the flash screen anymore. I suspect the software just checks the version, or maybe the procedure is different in 2.002. I don't care though - if I get even newer firmware in the future Aiptek will tell me what the new procedure is.

The important thing is that the new 2.002 firmware doesn't solve the crappy & quiet audio issues and there is no option to use the audio in instead of the built in microphone...

The document says that the rec+back button is the procedure to upgrade from 1.xxx firmware to 2.xxx.It doesn't say what is the combination when you have the 2.xxx running.

One idea if you want to try is - when trying to flash now, rename the tcdam_v5v.bin file to sd_v5v.bin since that is the filename what the firmware suggests now so may be it is what it is looking for.
Old Nov 12, 2007, 12:27 PM   #356

Aiptek firmware 2.002 ver. can only be loaded once. and cannot load anymore. this confirms that they written the firmware andenables any future firmware.

The Camcorder must go back to aiptek if ever needed additional firmware, this was never tested out at the center.

not a great way to swap firmware anymore.
Old Nov 12, 2007, 1:15 PM   #357

Then I can always bring the camcorder back to Target and return it for a full refund within 90 days and then buy a new one from there on the same day Once one buys from the retail shop, he has an endless suply of it for free until they stop carrying that product on shelves ... Of course Aiptek might start selling the camcorders with 2.xxx already preloaded ...

fishycomics wrote:

Quote:
Aiptek firmware 2.002 ver. can only be loaded once. and cannot load anymore. this confirms that they written the firmware andenables any future firmware.

The Camcorder must go back to aiptek if ever needed additional firmware, this was never tested out at the center.

not a great way to swap firmware anymore.
Old Nov 12, 2007, 1:38 PM   #358

it isnot the best route to go, and this iswhy the glitchs never get corrected.

people returning

people just handing down

people never contacting a supplyer

they will change the color scheme and model. vcrs camcorder cameras quickly go out , discontinued for these reasons.

I preferre to have a correct fix but hey it is a faster turn around hmmm
Old Nov 12, 2007, 7:55 PM   #359

Well, I already contacted the manifacturer. If they offer the option to select the audio-in instead of the built in microphone and allow me to flash it to my camcorder - I won't be returning it, I'll keep it. If they don't do it, they'll be getting back a camcorder back every 90 days ...

I don't see any other way to make them correct the glitch. I asked for it - so, it is up to them now. I was told my request would be sent to their engineer ...
Old Nov 12, 2007, 8:20 PM   #360

So you are suggesting that they add an external mic-in?

Don't see that happening unless it is on a whole new model "B-HD" perhaps. It isn't like they can make it happen from a firmware. Given the cost of the cam the best hope will come in the form of a DIY hack.
IMHO the reason the volume is so low is that the cheap crap mic can't handle much in the way of loud volume, as experienced by audio blow-outs in early models. Better to have quiet audio then blown out audio, right?

funkydmunky is offline   Reply With Quote