Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Nov 14, 2007, 4:23 AM   #371

fishycomics,

thanks

does the audio in record in stereo ?

it seem like that in the video

the_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2007, 4:29 AM   #372

my guess is that the Plug for av input shows a stereo vid in sleft and right, and ground.

it may accept stereo sound and record to mono right / mono left. We know the mic on top is a single unit mono, and probably is doubled or placed to left and right side.

Only way I can find out is get a scene from a movie that hs left and right passes or star wars colusium shot
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2007, 5:57 AM   #373

in the video you putted in megavideo

its clearly stereo, but I dunno if you edited it after capture
Old Nov 14, 2007, 1:16 PM   #374

Best Buy is selling the A-HD for $120 this week. Idropped by at a local BB storeand complained that I paid $150 a week ago. Guess what.... I got a $30 cash back...
JigoLigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2007, 2:09 PM   #375

commission goes to me budd? here is my paypal account*******

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=D0LU2L0B

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2DO0OAXH

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4KHOEAQL

three test videos of low light and panning ispun around too fast lol enjoy
Old Nov 14, 2007, 6:20 PM   #376

Thanks for the vids fishy.
Clips -file15- I am guessing is 720p as it plays wide screen, and clip -file16- I am guessing is 480p as it is 4:3 ratio. Both clips show the exact same level of low light capability, so that settles that.
No advantage for low light capture when using SD over HD.

As for clip -file17- I'm not sure what is to be compared there? I will quote my post above and hopefully clairify.

"For the second comparison a semi fast pan left and right in SD mode, then the exact same shot in HD. A well lit environment would be best to show the level of artifacting."

So just a simple pan from one point to another. In a well lit environment. One in HD and one in SD. So they can be compared.
I am trying to determine wether the cam is suitable as a "crash-cam" or "helmet-cam" and if switching the cam to SD mode would make for a cleaner picture. We all know that in HD mode any fast motion and the codec falls apart.

Again this is just a request so don't feel obligated.

funkydmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2007, 6:57 PM   #377

i will post some pann shots for yah do not worry night is here and well nothing will film

but the weather will not be nice they say, so bare with me. the price may drop by that time lol

http://www.vimeo.com/384801

I am sure this vid has 720p panning leftand right I am following a seagul at the end
Old Nov 15, 2007, 10:45 PM   #378

Bossman I think the question is for me. The sttings for SMGS for transcoding to 1280x720 MPG2 is below.

-oac lavc -ovc lavc -of mpeg -mpegopts format=dvd -vf scale=1280:720,harddup -srate 48000 -af lavcresample=48000 -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg2video:vrc_buf_size=1835:vrc_maxrate=90 00:vbitrate=5000:keyint=13:acodec=ac3:abitrate=128 :aspect=16/9 -ofps 30000/1001 -o "<OUTPUT>.mpg" "<INPUT>"

Please copy the above script and you wil get you MPEG 2 files.

Please note I lower the rate to 5000 and to get NTSCformat at29.97 fps you need to specify th value as a fraction 30000/1001

Let me know if you have other questions
voyeurtp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2007, 5:38 PM   #379

Hello! I'm new here! Tomorrow (sat) is the last day for Best buy's $119 sale so I have some serious questions that I need answered asap please! I have gone through so many of the pages here but I still need to know some things. I am not a filmmaker but looking for a camera to make videos of myself for a videolog, make and upload videos to youtube/google video etc and just take video of family/my surroundings. The video quality looks amazing but I am concerned about the sound that from what I read is quite low or defective?? I was looking at the flip ultra but the aiptek 720's video quality is so much better it seems. I'm not expecting video quality of a much expensive camcorder so the A-hd 720 seems to suit my purposes.

1. If I buy the a-hd720 from best buy, will it be defective or they all like that with the sound glitch etc???

2. What SD memory cards WILL work with the aiptek so this spares me from taking two buses all the way back to BB. Do I have to get the SDHC or can a sandisk ultra work just as well? I want a card that works fine! If I format it first will it work or is there a chance it will screw up? If it glitches up, if I remove it will it work?

3. What is the EASIEST way to get videos on youtube? Will the web setting work fine? Can a 1-2 minute video be uploaded raw or do I have to use compression software??

4. Does this thing stand up to regular weekly use or is it flimsy?

5. Is this camcorder worth getting and has anyone returned theirs?

6. What is good moviemaking software to use with this? Will windows movie maker work?

Please also respond to PM me thanks!
CandyLadyNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2007, 5:57 PM   #380

I won't use this cam for youtube,

youtube.com will recompress a lot and you will lose the best thing of this camera,

its video quality

I would buy a cheaper cam that will record at 640x480 and with a better microfone