Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Aug 31, 2007, 2:43 PM   #31

Okay.. I downloaded the full-resolution version and used the histogram. I resized it down for posting here on the board, but you can certainly see a lot more.

By the way, I use PaintShop Pro 6 a lot too, but not for this feature. Unfortunatly, PaintShopPro 6 doesn't have very good histogram functions. In this particular case, I used The Gimp 2.0, but I know photoshop will also do it. Oh, and I know somebody who has PaintShop Pro 10 and it works a LOT better than version 6. You can also use Adobe Premiere to do this to an entire video clip.

Reprazent - I have no idea where to find any fireworks around here until next July 4th.
Attached Images

adric22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2007, 3:13 PM   #32

to both thanks?

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2007, 10:14 PM   #33

Magix movie editor 12 it is a free download and 50.00 to buy H264 or HDTV capabilities? I have hd dvd disk made and need to try it out, but I had to save to a standard. and I also have an Upconverter machine will watch and say:

WOW!

Felt like I was there, realy clear and did the Job, I watched the dancing one If I had a hd blue ray I probably would not see the difference?

Magix 12 is on my list of a editor, if one can suggest a less expensive one I be very happy to try as wel?

This is deffently an Improvement from my MPVr, and my JVC what a differrence the mpvr to this is?

Old Sep 1, 2007, 7:38 PM   #34

Below are two footage shots, clouds, as i view the clouds, I can tell grainulation is in there but minimal, unless my crt is to blame. will view on the tube after the DL is finished?

The cloudformation when the sun sets in the backyard of what view I have is lovely, and thought I share, nothing like looking accorss t osee your naighbors places LOL.

The Pic I placed up I have set the white balalnce to one of the settings, and noticed on whatever setting I am on, it looks good tungstan gives a blue hue or coloring , and so on?

No matter what you're after in this Economy Hybrid, it is great, I used a Tripod, that was a economy one as well , LOL, it did thetrick?

A note, I used mjix movie editor 12 triale version, so far it allows editing for this 720p @50.00 it is a wonderful tool, for me a lil hard at first to use but gets thejob done, allowing to place DVD quality video's with chapters, fades, tranistion and way more than I could have Imagined?

Final note and posting to head line of topic: camera does crash in HDTV playback possably due to cable jack pressure on the usb.

also very sensitive cmos semsor picks up the bugs that fly they are pixxing the video LOL so inside I go.

Old Sep 2, 2007, 1:57 PM   #35

Fishy - Which camera was that take with? (I'm guessing the A-HD since this thread is about that camera) I've tried taking pictures of clouds before and they generally don't come out like that.
adric22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2007, 2:24 PM   #36

Posted above , and may have missread? the cloud formation was taken with the A-HD, and the sun wassetting in the back, meaning the cloudwasfirst, the sun behind, casting that glow? If I used Auto, white balance I taken a number of shots , so I am guessing it wassunny or cloudy LOL but tungstan makes it extremely blue? I have the footage live in video format and hoping to place online as i get my pc up andrunning for the 20th time LMAO, thanks Adric22?
Old Sep 2, 2007, 5:59 PM   #37

Ok.... My JVC 820UL mini-dv camcorder has eaten 3 tapes now... getting Eu3 errors etc. I'm done with it so I have been reading all I can about a decent/good camera in the lower price range and found this thread/forum. Some good reading here for sure.

Anyhow I have made up my mind I'm done with mini-dv tapes and would like to try out the Aiptek Go-HD or this new A-HD Aiptek.

Fishy, since you have both camera's which one do you prefer or suggest? The GO-HD can be found for around $225 so the price difference between the 2 is minimal. So which is it the Go-HD or the A-HD for video/sound quality???

THANKS!
Generalg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2007, 6:26 PM   #38

Between the both: you can realy tear your hair out? so why not put some logs on and get the fire going? Do not leave out the sanyo c6 Upper class camcorder?

1 if you are in a Economy budget the A-Hd is a steal no complaints

I do not mind the Missprint that Aiptek made ifZoom is not an issue andsoundI believe may be catered more to the person behind the hybrid? I say this as i need to do a test on how good a mic it is for reality sound? the fireworks are OVER, and i am sure it was the best I ever heard for sound. but a group gatehring that lil kid saying WOW MOMMY look at the present? may not be picked up if he or she is in a distance? that is why I need to do a test?

2 The Go some say it has issues somesay a firmware fixed it while Aiptek denies such a fix or firmware;

3x optical and a more sensitive mic WHEN I OWNED IT, due to defect which I now know it was not LMAO ? I do all my reviewing videos where? IN MY CAR. and BOTH Hybrids Pick up automobile supression noise? that concluded me I had a defect LOL which I know for sure the Zoom made noise, and that was due to a simular scenerio or other

3. Sanyo overpriced and can be found at a lesser price but more bang for the buck way mor features to descuss in here, wish I owned one to comment on ?

170.00 again a grab, just missed out on 192 for the go, andsoon will drop again. anddouble that for a sanyo?

I am re-purchasing a GO reason why? 3x optical zoom and screen and hand grip wi h the record button?

If you can makesense out of what I just mentioned

the A-Hd is a steal but hate the record button and grip but love the price

the Go a better model but issues

the sanyo a better model but way too much $$$
Old Sep 2, 2007, 6:55 PM   #39

Adric22"

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=SHVY3BTU

Enjoy this clip the first parts are of pix , then avid using editing of win moviemaker
Old Sep 4, 2007, 5:33 PM   #40

hi Fishy.

I've been reading up a lot on camcorders now a days and I'm really interested in the GO-HD since the video quality looks fantastic. I don't own anything HD quite yet, but I want to get in on the HD game for the near future. I don't mind scaling from 720p to DVD size. Even when scaling your samples that you did in the other thread, the videos looked like Hollywood produced movies! The quality was fantastic scaled at that size. I guess that defeats the point of HD, but as I mentioned, I'd retain the orignals on my computer until I buy a HD TV.

Anyway, I haven't gone extensively through the reviews of the A-HD, but the price is a steal! What really modivates me though is video quality. You had so many samples of different situations with the GO-HD that I fell in love. I would use external sound recorders for tiny cameras like these, so sound is no factor. Whenever you have the chance, can you post up some video samples straight from the camera of the A-HD? I have a Macintosh so H.264 is ideal for me :lol:.

Thanks a lot,

=justin
moviekid70 is offline   Reply With Quote