Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Nov 20, 2007, 5:57 AM   #411

the_killer wrote:
Quote:
fishycomics,

Will the USA FIx it? a question that needs to be askedand directed to Aiptek.
How can I check my firmware version?
I could try to install in my cam the USA firmware..
Let me guess, Will Firmware From the A-HD USA version work on the A-HD200 PRO GERMANY model?

This is a question that should be Directed to Aiptek.de support center, I already said "this is a question to be direct to Aiptek, :

Only Aiptek knows the Answer

and

of course anyone owning an Aiptek in germany may try to load The USA version 2.002

It is up to the user to be prepared if something good or bad happens, that would make you a tester. having one of these scenerio's happen:

A- all works out you have a working c A-HD200 with AV input low gain fixed usb and added languuages

B-All working not seeing any fix in audio, or controls av is still dead camera still working

C- The camera turns on and no screen just a blue light

D- the camera Does not turn on at all.

This has happend to the IS-DV loading the MPVr firmware, Loading firmwareshut of and made thecamera useless.

Be Warned and best to have a backup plan, good luck

Aiptek,DE Firmware is needed for av input thanks you

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2007, 7:14 AM   #412

The A-HD has become THE hybrid to get. I have looked at it before and I have decided that I want it for Christmas and getting it Black Friday. The great videos are just to much to pass up. My clunky 8mm camcorder looks like bottom when I capture it and the A-HD is so clean and crisp. Can't wait to use it for the indy movie we are shooting.

Fishy got to finally see you on vimeo and your reviews. Nice to see the face behind the weird name.
sandmanfvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2007, 8:20 AM   #413

thank you sand.........

means alot.

On Black friday price is set at 119.99 unless advertised. CurcuitCity set the price wish it drops to 99.99 but that is a nightmare if it does means I have to fightcrouds LMAO
Old Nov 20, 2007, 8:45 AM   #414

here a lil info that may be helpful.

I am doing some reviews, when I look at my files i see quicktime icons only. So I thought I use my MPVr that will allow me to see wmp thumbnails well. man let me tell you when I opened one up I felt like why did I ever purchase an Aiptek MPVr

I have gotten used to the A-HD and hoping one day they'l allow thumbnails o view . I have to remember what I filmed and namethat vid LOL

those who are in adecision once you decide and go foward do not look behind you'll kick yourself andsay

" wh didn't i do this a long time ago" LMAO
Old Nov 20, 2007, 12:03 PM   #415

Jim, congrats on buying the A-HD, please post some videos and your impressions of it tomorrow when you get it!
CandyLadyNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2007, 12:56 PM   #416

Roger that Candy, I was very impressed with quality of video you posted from
Vimeo I signed on right away to be ready to have a better place to upload any
videos I make with it. Looking forward to testing it out, will post video when I
get some time during thanks giving. Just wish my wife could join us to since she
must work that day.

CandyLadyNJ wrote:
Quote:
Jim, congrats on buying the A-HD, please post some videos and your impressions of it tomorrow when you get it!
JimKallinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2007, 2:23 PM   #417

Vimeo.com a great place to start for sure , you can post your pic and even have it as a download, Youtube when first founded was a great hangout and still is but needs improvement, you cannot download, I also like Vidler.com and Hdwebtown HDwebtown is just a sitting ground for high def that's all.

When you recieve your hybrid jim, get used to the hold, allow the battery to charge it takes around 3 plus hours, I use a Older version charger from the Is-DV.

I hope all works well, and again welcome to hi-def the Economy way.
Old Nov 20, 2007, 3:43 PM   #418

In regards to flashing Euro cams with North American firmware, the first thing I would check in the Euro models is if they are shooting 720p25 as the should be, or are they shooting 720p30 like the NA models(which wouldn't make sense but you never know?)
If the Euro models are shooting 720p25 then there is no way I would risk flashing to a 720p30 NA firmware.
funkydmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2007, 7:25 PM   #419

Just posted my annual holiday music video on YouTube. Most of the video was shot with the A-HD except for the footage of Stinson Beach from Mt. Tam, the still of San Francisco also from Mt. Tam and the backdrop freeway motion which were shot with my Sony HC1. The animations were done with iClone. Music score started out as midi on Sonar 2 (ancient) and then as audio on Mixcraft 3. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6_ZNbdnROc

I might put it up as an HD file later on HDWebTown as it was mastered in 720p.

hdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2007, 9:01 PM   #420

3's company came into mind at the very start LMAO great job

was bluescren or just c/p the clones used?