Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Nov 20, 2007, 10:34 PM   #421

Thanks. The color key effects (driving in the car and agog shoppers) were done in Media Studio Pro which allows multiple layers. The other 3D animation is iClone. The video is on HDWebTown in 720p vanilla MPEG-4 (Nero Digital).

hdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2007, 11:19 PM   #422

I'm another new A-HD owner.Just posted 8 video samples up on Vimeo.They were all shot hand held. I have to get on of those miniature tripods. If you watch the "new york panarama" video to the end you will see a distant shot of Fishy's favorite bridge. LOL

Over all the videos look great. Everyone cant believe they came from such an inexpensive camcorder.

heres the link: http://www.vimeo.com/395588
videoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2007, 11:22 PM   #423

hdguy wrote:
Quote:
Thanks. The color key effects (driving in the car and agog shoppers) were done in Media Studio Pro which allows multiple layers. The other 3D animation is iClone. The video is on HDWebTown in 720p vanilla MPEG-4 (Nero Digital).
HDWebtown's script didn't set the MIME type correctly so it just dumps binary to the screen at the moment. I sent them an email on it. But with most browsers you should be able to right click to download.

hdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2007, 6:23 AM   #424

videoman wrote:
Quote:
I'm another new A-HD owner.Just posted 8 video samples up on Vimeo.They were all shot hand held. I have to get on of those miniature tripods. If you watch the "new york panarama" video to the end you will see a distant shot of Fishy's favorite bridge. LOL

Over all the videos look great. Everyone cant believe they came from such an inexpensive camcorder.

Videoman thank you, and wowwhat shots of new Jersey, I have been by a personal boat around the statue and around the city, wished we couldhave done this with the A-Hd Lol.

never knew the train area was around, I have watcheda bike show about the construction of the path . something is just missing, just mising.

Wide angle lens

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2007, 10:15 AM   #425

WOW, great video,can`t wait my camcorder to show this afternoon, UPS says it out for delivery.Now the hard part. making sure I am around when he shows up to
sign for it.
JimKallinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2007, 11:40 AM   #426

Fishy, have question for ya ? will the Aiptek A-HD record video with the screen
closed ? Have been thinking about using this camera for making aerial videos
with hooked into a RC motorized glider. Will have to think of another way if
must be open to record video. :idea:
Old Nov 21, 2007, 12:12 PM   #427

videoman wrote:
Quote:

I really enjoyed your footage with your a-hd, great detail and the sound also sounds fine, Thanks!!

Jim, I can't figure out how to record with the LCD closed and I'm not sure you can. Might be a typo in the owners manual saying you can but fishy will know for sure. Everytime I close it, the camera goes off immediately.
CandyLadyNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2007, 12:24 PM   #428

Just watched Fishy`s video review again, looks like the only way to record is with
the screen open. :sad: Guess that idea won`t work, will create way to much drag.
Will have to look into other ideas.

Oh well, back to waiting for the UPS man to call.
Old Nov 21, 2007, 12:30 PM   #429

well I recieved my pkg lol and seen the truck but they said soon Jim

I love to redo my vid one day.

1 screen iswivals so that is your only option to reverse and fold into the camera.

2 you can try to close the lcd but the magnet shuts it off.

that means would taking apart to remove the Auto on (magnet ) fix the issue?

I think it may but you'll void a warranty, or return.

Older models did the same but the MPVr wasable to record and trick to close.

the LCD screen isnot like the GO or older ones they are Filmed and that uses les power ifyou ask me so open or close do not worry. Ariel if it ever does the ********** then it does not matter? :G

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2007, 12:58 PM   #430

Thanks for all the complements on my video's Fishy,Candylady and Jim.

This little camcorder really shines when shooting outdoors on a nice day.

And Fishy, Yes it does need a wider angle lens. But for $120 pretty good.

Some history: I originally had the black model from Target. It had firmware V 1.2I had a problem with it freezing up when i tried to playback videos sequentally. If I had 5 or or more videos on the SD card then tried to play them back on after the other it woulld always freeze up on the second or third video.I would have to remove all power ( AC and battery) to reset it. If i played the videos one at a time it would work fine. Also at the time there was no firmware update available from Aiptek. Another issue was their choice of Gloss Black for the color. It looked nice in the package BUT as soon as you touched it it was covered with tons of fingerprints,smears ,etc. I must have wiped that thing off a hundred times in the week i had it. LOL I returned it to Target. This was the camera I took the videos with.

I now have the blue one . I got it last week at Best Buy for $120. $10 less than the Target one !!! This one has V1.6 firmware and the finish doesn't show ANY fingerprints.I have to get out and take some new videos as soon as the weather clears up.

I posted a few more videos on Vimeo. http://www.vimeo.com/395462

Enjoy
videoman is offline   Reply With Quote