Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Nov 21, 2007, 12:01 PM   #431

Yeah, I am not that worried if it were ever to crash and break up. Cheap enough and I already have 5 other digital cameras and 3 camcorders. Been searching around for
ideas how to go about it and found some awesome videos recorded this way.

http://www.rcgroups.com/aerial-photography-128/
JimKallinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2007, 1:45 PM   #432

The skyline video shows off the detail you get for an inexpensive camera with the A-HD. I wonder what the firmware (oops I see 1.6 in the message I missed) is on that camera as they may be improving encoding with the updates? I can understand them not wanting to give out firmware updates as the camera is not yet robust enough to do a foolproof update and I'm sure they don't want to get back cameras just because someone tried the update and got impatient. They certainly fixed the non-compatible file problem with the A-HD.

One thing I noticed working on my video is my Sony HC1 has only a 2.8 megapixel CMOS compared with the A-HD's 5 megapixels. The Sony of course has a nice Zeiss lens, better enoding especially for panning, better audio (I also use their shotgun mike as the camera mounted ones always seem to pick up the operator's breathing) and supposedly higher resolution. The latter may not be particularly true as some folks games are being played with the CMOS on the HC1 whereas today's cameras have many more pixels on the CMOS. The HC1 is over 2 year old technology two.

hdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2007, 2:29 PM   #433

Just arrived and on the charger now, couple hours should have time to get video
to test it out. Bought 2 Sandisk 4gb SDHC cards from Radio Shack the other day
to test it with. Had them on sale for $44.99 each. Coud have wiated till black friday
but they would be gone by then, I bought them out already. :|
Old Nov 21, 2007, 5:48 PM   #434

Had time to grab a small clip of my deck lights after getting them up a couple days
ago. Thank god I put them up when I did, had a high temp today of only 26F and
was it windy. Its not a very good video since it was first time testing it.

http://www.hdwebtown.com/jkallinen/Decklights.qtl
Old Nov 21, 2007, 6:34 PM   #435

hey that deer moved.

Awesome, have oads offun using the device welcome to Hi def Jim once again. the silience needs to e filled in , if not we hear white noise andpeoplesaywhat is that noise etc lol
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2007, 7:28 PM   #436

Jim, your lights are beautiful! Nice video!
CandyLadyNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2007, 8:26 PM   #437

Thanks Candy & Fishy, will post some far better videos tomorrow when I travel
over to Mankato for dinner with the inlaws and take my son over to the park. Will
take my notebook with to dump any videos on.

Been making simulation videos for going on 10 years now, along with home videos
graduating up from 8mm to DV and now 720 HD. I am able to make sim videos into
1080p videos with my Dell XPS 700 with a 24" ultrashard moniter. Native res running
at 1920X1280. Then I process all my videos with Ulead Video Studio 11. Been using
Ulead since version 5. Can even make HD DVDs and Blu-ray DVDs with VS11. Just
wish I could afford the HD & Blu-ray burners that are there. Thye run over $3000 and
up.

http://www.xplanefreeware.net/forums...p;showforum=12

Been making videos for these guys for 9 years, some samples of HD work in the 8x
forums.

Oh yes, this camcorder will perfect for what I want to do with it when it comes to
getting it to work on an RC motor glider for taking aerial videos. Will record just
fine with the screen reversed. Can`t wait to order my newest toy in a couple more
days.

Old Nov 21, 2007, 8:54 PM   #438

Another option (and one of the reasons I ordered the A-HD) is that it has analog in, so one can use one of those very small "lip-stick" cams that come with a remote reciever. The reciever plugs into the analog in and you record onto the A-HD. It become a sort of remote field cam recorder. I plan to hook one of these onto an RC blimp.

I don't have much faith in using the A-HD itself to capture images, especially from a fast moving RC aircraft. I believe there will simply be too much movement for the encoder to handle at that bitrate and it will look like all examples of high motion from this cam...crap! Hope it works better then I predict.
funkydmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2007, 9:34 PM   #439

when I forst gotthe Go, and even the A-Hd. interference of electronics will be picked up in the camera. for noise in the Audio. not he video, but one may never know. I have shown this and no reoluion was ever found or solved.

Yes D1 port is great. wonder if a wireless camera wil do well.

I ahve hooked up when, with the MPVr the camcorder otherdevices, so no repeats ofdemo's here. i am more delicate today with the cam.

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2007, 9:35 PM   #440

Thats the reason I plan on getting a motor glider RC. you can turn the motor off
for slower speed manuevers and I plan on enclosing it inside the glider with a
lense sticking out the side like a side scan radar. Should look great with the motor
off and nice rolling orbit around a target filming zone. I plan on taping off the mic
input to prevent the wind noise and then using royalty free music editted in to
cover it.