Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Nov 27, 2007, 2:48 AM   #461

OK, so I just disassembled the A-HD and removed the internal Mic. I replaced it with a 3.5mm TRS jack. Everything seems to be working and this wasn't too difficult with some soldering. Tomorrow I'll put up a whole writeup on the process with pictures if possible.

Initial test didn't seem to performamazingly better- BUT the mic I used was just a basic PC directional mic and probably sucks. I'll need to get another one.

First test video up here: http://www.vimeo.com/404996

One thing I just found very interesting - when I record with no mic plugged in, I STILL get the background static!
dbrowder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2007, 4:36 AM   #462

the camer sound you are talking about?

when snappinga picture it goes click?

they seperated that on the oldermodel and kept it seperated from the beeps. it isno longer allowed to turn off. Due to people with Vourism

the lenses should fit over the barral and be bigger than 1-17mm that is to small

on emember says that it will interefere but who knows
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2007, 10:23 AM   #463

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
they seperated that on the oldermodel and kept it seperated from the beeps. it isno longer allowed to turn off. ue to people with Vourism
LOL LOL If that's the case, then Aiptek is pretty clueless. I've owned lots of cameras MUCH smaller than the Aiptek which are silent (in fact, just about ANY P&S).

I'm suprsied they don't have a big flashing red light and and audible "WARNING, WARNING: CAMERA RECORDING" when I shoot video.

As it stands, I can't use it in Churches or other locations where silence is key, and has nothing to do with vouyerism. Oh well, I'll keep bugging Aiptek for a fix. Thanks for confirming it,
webshark3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2007, 10:43 AM   #464
vvr

>>
OK, so I just disassembled the A-HD and removed the internal Mic. I replaced it with a 3.5mm TRS jack. Everything seems to be working and this wasn't too difficult with some soldering. Tomorrow I'll put up a whole writeup on the process with pictures if possible.
<<
This sounds very good, great work. Can't wait to see your detailed post
on how you accomplished this.
vvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2007, 11:45 AM   #465

I just created a new thread for the disassembly and external mic port, this way I'll post all the video replies and such there and stop cluttering up this thread. Thanks!

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...mp;forum_id=92
dbrowder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2007, 4:33 PM   #466

FiShy could you look at this clip and see what you think dont seem to be getting good results

http://www.vimeo.com/407464

Thanks
podger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2007, 5:33 PM   #467

Podger welcome o the site.

Thank you for choosing me as well as others should comment on to?

1 viewing the Pic you are with a AHD 200 pro of overseas, and need to know the Firmware? so my guess again would be you have somehwere between 1.3 and 1.5?

the 1.600 version of the USA should have a fix? of a lower gain on the mic? and latest on the shelfs of a store?

In your video the outdoors, it is loud, and all of the video is fine

In your video of a plnater or backyard your lens cap is flapping, and sound is again above normal.

We will never get a hybrid with a medium sound either low, or high?

does that help out if you can lower the sound by editingthen it befine ifnot it may be very sensitive?

Old Nov 28, 2007, 6:12 PM   #468

My firmware is 1.6 my main concern is the quality of the video is not as good or sharp

as some of the videos people have put on vimeo site when i play the video on my hd tv
the picture quality dosent seem any better than my £75.00 camera that does 640x480 video
podger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2007, 6:47 PM   #469

thank you. Vimeo isa flash player a direct download can be done, and by looking at the vids they are fine? you may have a keenereye for technology and like a more pro model, and never dissagreeing. TheAiptek is a economy hybrid. andI mention this over and over. in more of my videos I make.

Slower pcs, andor basic pcs , may not get a smooth vid due to todays technology . SDTV and LCDs would also be the same as the pc.

For me it a Economy hybrid and works fine.

If you decide to keep or return, allow the camecorder to grow on you. an you'll always see it by your side. I always have mine with me enjoy
Old Nov 28, 2007, 9:38 PM   #470

Hi dbrowder,

You seem to have got a v1.6 firmware. Could you please post the serial number of your unit? This will help others find units with v1.6 firmware. It is located below the UPC barcode on the package and begins with either BOI or BPB.

Thanks in advance!

dbrowder wrote:
Quote:
I just created a new thread for the disassembly and external mic port, this way I'll post all the video replies and such there and stop cluttering up this thread. Thanks!

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...mp;forum_id=92
jjilebi is offline   Reply With Quote