Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Nov 28, 2007, 8:41 PM   #471

Hi CandyLadyNJ,

Your video on vimeo is outstanding, both in video and audio!

Could you please post what is your firmware version number? Also if you could post your serial number ( please see my post above on how to locate it), it will help others like me in purchasing the good versions of A-HD.

Thanks in advance!

CandyLadyNJ wrote:
Quote:
Jim, your lights are beautiful! Nice video!
jjilebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2007, 9:04 PM   #472

I posted this on another thread, but this looks like the one I should have originally posted on, so here goes.....................................

[align=right]

Edit

Hello,

Roger the "Newbie" here with some astoundingly SIMPLE questions regarding the Aiptek A-HD Camera.

First off, I've been using a Sharp 8mm "Handycam" for almost 14 years.
Time for something WAY smaller and lighter to use.
What I can't wrap my Brain around, is do these Digital Camcorders provide
"just as good" (if not better) picture than my old Sharp?

What I'm NOT looking for is a Video that comes out "Jerky" like from my Cellphone or what you see on You Tube Videos.
I'd like a nice smooth transitional picture.

I've also got a DVD-R recorder with RCA Input Jacks in the front.
Does this Aiptek Model allow me to go straight into my DVD-R Recorder with RCA jacks?

Does it also have a feature to Download from this camera to my PC?
I'm running an "E-Machine Computer" that is 2 years old.
I don't think it has that Firewire stuff and no SD Card readers.

So ANY thoughts/opinions/Help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Roger[/align]
Blackmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2007, 9:30 PM   #473

Hi Blackmagic,

The easiest way to transfer video from the camera to your PC would be to connect a SD reader to your PC and then transfer the .mov file to your PC.

However, I am not sure if your 2 year old PC will be upto the task of playback of the movie since it is in H.264 compression which typically requires a dual core PC to decode.

Jilebi.
Old Nov 28, 2007, 9:39 PM   #474

Thanks for the reply.

I'm not that savvy as far as PC and HD cameras go.

My PC is an e-machine from 2005, I THINK its 1.66GHZ Processer running Windows XP.

Actually, I would rather just go from the Aiptec Output (RCA Cables, straight into my DVD Recorder, but it sounds like thats not possible.

My PC did not come with a SD card reader.

Is there a way to "Transfer" the Movies from the Aiptec to my PC using a USB Port?

Remember, the rule her..."Dumb it down & keep it simple".

:G

BM

Old Nov 28, 2007, 9:47 PM   #475

Hi Blackmagic,

I think you should be able to connect the AV out of the A-HD to your DVD recorder and it should work. However you will be losing your high definition video resolution. Alternately, does your DVD recorder accept component input? If so, then your problem is solved.

BTW, do you have 1.6 firmware version? If so, what is your serial number?

Jilebi,
Old Nov 28, 2007, 10:20 PM   #476

I don't even own the Camera yet.

I've hinted BIG TIME to the Wife and I'm pretty sure she got me one for Christmas.

My Standalone DVD Recorder is about 5 years old.

I'm not looking for HD/Blu-Ray quality.

I'm just talking Home Movies/Vacation stuff transfered to DVD.
If I get the same quality on my Transfered videos from the Aiptec over to DVD, that match my old 8mm tapes, I'd be a Happy Camper!

;+)

BM

Old Nov 28, 2007, 11:16 PM   #477
vvr

jjilebi wrote:
Quote:
Hi dbrowder,

You seem to have got a v1.6 firmware. Could you please post the serial number of your unit? This will help others find units with v1.6 firmware. It is located below the UPC barcode on the package and begins with either BOI or BPB.

Thanks in advance!
IMO This is a futile quest. I have had both versions (firmware) v1.3 and v1.6.
I could not perceive **any** difference in the sound quality, i.e. mic's gain
is just as screwed up with 1.6. So it could just be bad quality control on Aiptek's part.
Indeed the best way is to import the video and fix the sound on the PC.

vvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2007, 1:53 AM   #478

Hi all,

First of all I just wanna say thanks to all the ppl that have contributed to this growing forum and I have to say that I'm a new proud owner of A-HD now.

Got one from CC during Thanksgiving for $120, well actually I saw that price before in bestbuy but I wasn't really convinced at that time. I got myself an isdv2.4 before this and it was just horrible but I guess you really get what you paid for (I returned it back btway).

I have to say that I'm pretty pleased with the quality of A-HD although I agree that the sound quality is just pitiful at best. At first I thought the sound should be ok since they're putting a 128kbps for the audio but I guess it really just a bad engineering on the audio part. But I guess it doesn't really matter to me coz I usually record a piano recording for youtube and I use a direct audio recording to the pc so all I need really is just the video.

I haven't finished skimping up the threads so I don't know if this has been mentioned before but I'm using Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 to edit all of my videos and it works just fine with the .mov file that aiptek's producing(APP Pro 2 won't work though).

And I gotta say that I love the AV-IN recording, tried it on a dish network box and my KWORLD 1440 TV box, I noticed that the video quality really depends on the input quality as the video from the dish box looks better than the one's from my tv box.

but anyway, I guess that's all I need to "report" to the community to increase the exposure of A-HD

*btway I do own those clip on wide angle and telephoto lenses that were mentioned on previous pages. The wide angle lens does a great job while the tele's not doing that great because of the default focal length of A-HD(you'll see blurred ring on the image). They both clip on perfectly to the lens head too.

baymon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2007, 9:49 AM   #479

Hi vvr,

Some folks on this forum have posted that they do not have substantial issues on the audio e.g. CandyLadyNJ. This can also be verified from their videos posted online. Hence I think there must be at least some firmware version where the audio issue is minimized if not eliminated. And hopefully we can trace that firmware version through the serial number range.

If you are saying that v1.3 and v1.6 both have the audio problem unfixed and fishycomics has reported that v1.2 also has the same issue, does that mean that the magic firmware version is 1.4 or 1.5???

CandyLadyNJ, are you there?

Thanks.
Old Nov 29, 2007, 12:58 PM   #480

baymon

1the clip on what size is it is it a 10-17mm or 17-27mm any videos on the wide angle please post a ample thank you
[line]
jjilebi

ver 1.200 is low, updated to 2.002 leaves me with clicking if I speak, if the mics diaphram is too thin it is goingto causesound

1.6 was thefixed firmware with a better sound they said not too loud? butwe must have confirmation andcandy I believe she said 1.600

[line]

Blackmagic:

1 your pc has a USB port?

2. have you downloaded a file and tested out on the pc?

card readers are options you may place one internally or externally in. they cost little money today.

Aiptek Go/A-hd has a usb and connects tot he pc when turned on it is a card reader, so no need to buy a card reader. if you got a mac the macsetting is dead Aiptek left it out (lol)

DVD player if it has inputs you hook up yellow red white for regular tv, if hi-def (720) red green blue for video white red for sound and must be a recorder

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote