Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Nov 29, 2007, 3:22 PM   #481

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
Hi fishycomics,
Quote:
Do you know how one can upgrade firmware to v1.6? I purhcased A-HD and it has ver 1.408. Strangely, so far I have not seen any audio issues. What shouldI be looking out for?
Quote:
Thanks.
Quote:
jjilebi

ver 1.200 is low, updated to 2.002 leaves me with clicking if I speak, if the mics diaphram is too thin it is goingto causesound

1.6 was thefixed firmware with a better sound they said not too loud? butwe must have confirmation andcandy I believe she said 1.600
jjilebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2007, 4:09 PM   #482

for each model on the market it will come with a old to newer firmware? if you "CONTACT" Aiptek Support demand the firmware . then you are set. iIf bypassing Aiptek and telling them you got a perfect hybrid and they continue to produce a defect.

the firmwwares of the models are only allwed to update to 2.002 and not to a chosen one. so far you are not allowed to go down to a lower grade as I found out the hard way, as well as the upgrade .

I do appologise personally and that I thank you
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2007, 4:23 PM   #483

Thanks a lot for sharing that, fishycomics.

Can somebody who has purchased A-HD and has 1.6 verison of firmware, please post their serial number? It is located below the UPC bar code on the back side of the plastic packaging and begins with either BOI or BPB.

Thanks a lot!

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
for each model on the market it will come with a old to newer firmware? if you "CONTACT" Aiptek Support demand the firmware . then you are set. iIf bypassing Aiptek and telling them you got a perfect hybrid and they continue to produce a defect.

the firmwwares of the models are only allwed to update to 2.002 and not to a chosen one. so far you are not allowed to go down to a lower grade as I found out the hard way, as well as the upgrade .

jjilebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2007, 5:35 PM   #484

Hey Everyone,

been reading this forum on the Aiptek A-HD for a couple of months now. Decided to take the High Def plunge... thanx to Fishy! As well as everybody else who've given valuable insight, andprovided clips.

I purchased mine about a month ago at Target(Black model...v1.4 firmware) and the audio leaves a lot to be desired.Although, it may not be as bad as theothers that I've read... maybe the 1.4 is the way 2 go... until Aiptek comes up with the proper fix...:P I won't hold my breath.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"One other thing. I've taken a handful of pics, with a tripod... and I honestly can't tell a difference between the pics taken in 8mp, 5mp, or 3mp. I own a MPVR... and I think that takes better quality pics then the A-HD. Any theories? Any tips are appreciated.
Swatrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2007, 6:30 PM   #485

4 some reason... the other question in my previous post did no post. MMMMMM:?

Anyways, I had asked about the A-HD playing video clips continiously. I would like 2 connect the camerato myDVD recorder. It would be a drag, if I had 2 hold the camera, and click on each clip individually as it played/recorded.
Old Nov 29, 2007, 7:08 PM   #486

excellent question the models that I know that did that was the Musteks

but even better the A-HD does it as well.

1 go to the playback and whereyou see all your videos click menu lowerbuton and look for video play, it may repeat or not

sit back and enjoy.

should make a video on this
Old Nov 29, 2007, 9:13 PM   #487

THANK YOU!!! A THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

U ROCK FISHY!!!

Not sure how I missed that in the manual. I have the AiptekMPVR as well, and I don't think that has a "video play" option, to view the clips non-stop. Maybe that's what threw me off. :?:lol:
Old Nov 29, 2007, 9:22 PM   #488

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"We skip the book and online manual and go directy to filming.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"the older models are a slideshow just pics confirmed it lol glad to assist.
Old Dec 1, 2007, 1:02 AM   #489

jjilebi wrote:
Quote:
Thanks a lot for sharing that, fishycomics.

Can somebody who has purchased A-HD and has 1.6 verison of firmware, please post their serial number? It is located below the UPC bar code on the back side of the plastic packaging and begins with either BOI or BPB.

Thanks a lot!

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:

Of all the times for my family to throw away the plastic packaging...
Trigger_Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2007, 8:02 AM   #490

the aiptek a-hd model is probably going to be camcorder of choice that i will buy very soon. i pretty much will use it to get video of me and my friends and family.

but, there are some other questions that i would like to be answered. can you use the a/v cables that comes with the camcorder to lets say record tv footage or video game footage? also, when connecting to my laptop, all i would need is a usb 2.0 port right?
fm020792 is offline   Reply With Quote