Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Sep 4, 2007, 5:04 PM   #41

Moviekid1. go into page one and scroll down to chapter 3 videos there are a fewto download direct?

1. If fireworks is one you'll be blown away soundf or sure?

2 dancing with a DG is another?

I believe there are a few to keep you busy for direct download?any special request will have to wait for now?

It is a steal of a deal so far Amazon.com cannot get the correct info or a price up I see it no way being less then 169.99 149.99 Oh MAn I grab it ? the Go-hd or the A-Hd are the same but the go is a lower lux hybrid a better level of light but issues?

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2007, 11:32 PM   #42

Fishy,
Have you tested the video-in recording?
I would love to see a sample of this. I'd like to use the a-hd to record video from my analog camcorder.

Other ideas for tests:
Stereo sound on the line-in?
Voice record from line-in?
Fake line-in voice recording by recording line-in video with the video disconnected?

Thanks,
-sleepy
sleepycow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2007, 3:32 AM   #43

Yes I have but have not tested further into this as not a thing on the tube that interests me , just kidding

I have this clip for starteres

http://rapidshare.com/files/53966805/New_Compressed__zipped__Folder.zip.html

the video isfrom a travel show in maui . the res drops to [email protected] 30 fps 540P

wyen reviewed again it is not as vivid as the 720P. the plugs show and have the stereo din. meaning is it?

"stereo- left-right, or momo- left -right

IO need a show that has a stereo left sound right sound?

voice recorder it has so no need faking the machine but it is an idea we al had can we use the vido av in jack to have two mics a stereo mic yes

Just be careful when you get an aftermarket cable , not all of themwork, crash the camera I know that for the 99 cent one did?
Old Sep 8, 2007, 4:39 PM   #44

Analyzing a couple of the A-HD files you uploaded earlier they are 29.97 fps instead of 30 fps like the GO HD. That's an interesting change. They still have a lot of B slices though (more than P).

To bad we can't have a dialog with Aiptek engineers. I'd love to know why they do some of these things.

hdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2007, 11:32 PM   #45

Quote:
To bad we can't have a dialog with Aiptek engineers. I'd love to know why they do some of these things.
Hahaha.. Yeah me too. But I suspect Aiptek's designs are influenced more by the marketing department than the engineering department. Otherwise they wouldn't make such outlandish claims about their resolution and framerates.
adric22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2007, 3:37 PM   #46

They probably don't speak English. BTW, the HD streams do have 30 or 29.97 (A-HD) frames per second. If you do a dump of the file you'll definitely find that many frame chunks for that frame rate.

hdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2007, 3:54 PM   #47

totally agree? and I tried mentioning this as the vid/aud issue fix

30 fps adding a blank frame to the audio or vid will correct the issues the aiptek has?

meaning 30.0 fps must drop to 29.97 fps in NTSC
Old Sep 9, 2007, 3:58 PM   #48

Fishy.... anymore time using this camera? Still trying to decide between it and the Go-HD... uurrrrrr.
Generalg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2007, 4:53 PM   #49

Ha-ha-ha. I know that fealing trust me?

See if I can break it down easy

between the Go, and A-Hd. Amazon.com,stil has no price given, Aiptek.com holds the price of 169.99 no tax and 7.99 for shipping? the Go 299.99 but as low as 229 with the docking station if found still at Costco, old version , newer version. will not have newer parts, but a firmwre is given , that Aiptek denies having?

1 When I owned the Go, I thought I had a defect, which I did not, and found that the camera has a reaction to the electronics of the car, and caused a sound Interference? no big deal it happ's on the A-HD and if needed editing can be done but not when you want that special moment?

2 AF. (auto Focus) cannot be turned off, and the A-Hd seems to work better with the manual infinity/machro than the Go auto adjusting, but when in the car, a lot of bouncing goes on, and the Casio and Go reacted the same? the A-Hd better for sure?Turning of fAF in the casio and setting to manual , perfection?

3. Low LUX (night time) the Go held its ground at summer time 9pm it did a great job, the A-Hd need a lighted object? but i need to do the same test over with the Go for confirmation, I know the Casio forgetabouti. hands down itwas real brightat night. I believe from my videos thego is better over the A-HD in nighttime .

4.optical over digital? no question about it optical wins, but when telling us that the A-Hd has 4x digital I am sure 2x will still lok good , not when you only have 2x digital. a test was done the MPVR 4x was telling me 2x missing. This also goes for the led lights thatreally do nodda?

lets just forget about the other stuff, and just getrigh down to the importance

720P 1280x720 res I luve it? the problem I have is widescreen I feel I need extra room forshots but between the cameras i am playing with I need to adjust to each one?

I cannot go wrong for169.99 for the A-HD it does get warm, it does have a battery life of 90 mnutes, gave it to the naighboorhood kids to film skating, and they handed it back in perfect order, with a drained batter?

I would love a wide angle on the camera and al lwould fitmy needs?

I cannot tell you to get either but it is a round up to 120 difference and that to me equils to two A-HDs over 1 go

the Low light of the A-Hd needs improvement?

Old Sep 9, 2007, 7:00 PM   #50

Quote:
BTW, the HD streams do have 30 or 29.97 (A-HD) frames per second. If you do a dump of the file you'll definitely find that many frame chunks for that frame rate.

Yeah, RGVCam had already looked into that on the Go-HD. But I can assure you on the legacy models like the IS-DV / IS-DV2/ MPVR, etc.. they lie about it. 18 fps if you are lucky!

adric22 is offline   Reply With Quote