Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Dec 1, 2007, 7:38 AM   #491

fm020792 wrote:
Quote:
answered. can you use the a/v cables that comes with the camcorder to lets say record tv footage or video game footage? also, when connecting to my laptop, all i would need is a usb 2.0 port right?
welcome Fm......

The A-hd has an Av input andcomes equipt with everything but the remote control (USA) overseas has the remote.

take the Av yellow wh/rd cable to the VCR and you got a portable recorder. no timer, you need to be that timer:G

The A-Hd has a USB cable you need the driver from the disk, or XP vista will recognise on own if you choose not to use the disk..
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2007, 12:20 PM   #492

ok! thank you very much fishy. another thing i was wondering was what is the difference between the a-hd and the go-hd?
fm020792 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2007, 1:16 PM   #493

a-hd fixed focus no zoom av input low gain mic

GO-hd auto focus 3x optical zoom high gain mic photo button has a 2 stage button

100 plus difference
Old Dec 1, 2007, 1:53 PM   #494

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
a-hd fixed focus no zoom av input low gain mic

GO-hd auto focus 3x optical zoom high gain mic photo button has a 2 stage button

100 plus difference
also with go-hd, can you record xbox360 game footage, tv footage, in hd quality since it comes with the hd cables?

also low mic gain? high mic gain? sorry, im not much of a camcorder tech. what is better, low or high?
Old Dec 1, 2007, 1:56 PM   #495

the A-Hd is the only Hi def camcorder of Aiptek to record into the camera the Av input iti s called. the A-hd has a lower gain of the mic meaning all video recording of the actual live footage will be low on older models possably normal on the newer today

the Go-hd does not record any footage into thecamera no AV input it will have a higher gain meaning the sound going into the camera will be too loud there is no medium level

did that hewp out
Old Dec 1, 2007, 2:01 PM   #496

yes it did help, thank you! fishy, ive seen your video reviews on youtube and im just wondering, which one do you use more, A-HD or Go-HD and why? thanks in advance!!
Old Dec 1, 2007, 2:45 PM   #497

I have a number of hyvrids why no reason addicted you can say lol

the a or G

the A why no reason just there , battery life is longer no headaches that i can complain about on a economy model. but am awaiting my RMA LMAO on it too.

ifI grab the Go I need extra batterys but I have the 3x zoom so I cater to the A over the G

Old Dec 1, 2007, 5:47 PM   #498

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
I have a number of hyvrids why no reason addicted you can say lol

the a or G

the A why no reason just there , battery life is longer no headaches that i can complain about on a economy model. but am awaiting my RMA LMAO on it too.

ifI grab the Go I need extra batterys but I have the 3x zoom so I cater to the A over the G

thanks sooo mucch!!
Old Dec 2, 2007, 9:54 AM   #499

long anticipated day, it is snowing and I gotjust a shot of theback with the A-HD, and Go-hd

http://www.vimeo.com/412665

I also have some updated info as well on the firmware I overlooked?

http://www.vimeo.com/412683

Firmware 2.002 updated the laguange, mac usb port , and mic lower gain, it ALso updates the2x digital zoom -to-4x digitial zoom, white balance istweaked andsharpness tweakedin video. I am sure there are a fewmore tweaks wedo not know of, rathe rguessing, Aiptek shouuld releasea report of exactly all fixs but that will never happen
Old Dec 2, 2007, 7:04 PM   #500

Here's my wintery contribution for the A-HD. This is Brooklyn Bound mind you.

http://www.vimeo.com/413368
Trigger_Happy is offline   Reply With Quote