Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Dec 13, 2007, 12:02 PM   #541

Dam the weather , playing otit safe I'll order online and have it help or shipped for that price. need that ad though
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2007, 12:23 PM   #542

Here is a photo of the ad someone took, from another forum.
Attached Images

jWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2007, 12:28 PM   #543

so I assume its the blue model, does it make a difference? is the black model at Targetbetter?
Old Dec 13, 2007, 12:28 PM   #544

we recieved at work a 3 day ad nothingthere so it isa sunday ad. well i'll keep aneye on the online site and decide then
Old Dec 13, 2007, 12:36 PM   #545

could price match for the black model at Target probably.
Old Dec 13, 2007, 1:03 PM   #546

jWin wrote:
Quote:
could price match for the black model at Target probably.
blue and black hmm I say sure they should match but black leaves prints and may flake due to plastic type paint
Old Dec 13, 2007, 1:46 PM   #547

Not a hybrid nor pocket sized by any means but it sure would solve the audio problems. :lol:
http://www.wired.com/gadgets/miscell...allery_dv_expo

And only $1200? I'm still interested on a Canon HV20 or whatever they announce probably at CES as its successor for my next mainstream camera. BTW, it looks like Panasonic is trying to one up Sony's similar camera that sells for $1800.

I'll pass the CC ad on to my nephew as his son wanted an A-HD after playing with mine on Thanksgiving.

hdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2007, 3:01 PM   #548

I have tested a number of payware video editing programs. Some of these programs can edit your HD video clips but canĀ“t author and burn the data on a DVD disk compatible with standard DVD players, as some of the forum members have already commented.

Then I searched thought freeware programs and selected a few transcoders (change video data format) that can convert the HD video clips encoded with H264 coder into MPG2 files (format used in DVD) at the same or lower resolution. This experience allowed me to create and burn two types of DVD disks.

A- Standard DVD at HD 720i (1280x720) that plays perfecly on a PC (as standard DVD) and on same DVD players.

B- Standard DVD at A-HD 1024x576 (I call it Almost HD) That plays on any DVD player. This A-HD can dislay 71% more data than the conventional 729X480 NTSC DVD format
voyeurtp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2007, 3:34 PM   #549

I'm not sure how you can show 1024x576 MPEG-2 file on any DVD player? Most of them only support 720x480 (or PAL equiv). For SD DVD the software will convert the A-HD footage to anamorphic 720x480 MPEG-2 files. There should be more players capable of playing the files natively but even my AVeL Linkplayer2 which can play HD stream files in several formats can't do that.

Most people are going to HD-DVD since that is most economic solution and I suspect some of the NLE companies will even release some barebones authoring programs for HD-DVD which would work fine if you already have something to edit and create files with. I might even suspect that the AVC files the A-HD creates are probably even compliant enough that an HD-DVD player could decode them if they would open up the spec a bit. Future players may add that feature (right now we're just at stage 3 of the introduction so no extra features have been added like DivX and raw MP4 playback).

I think some of the PS3 owners here have been able to play the A-HD files raw off a disk but I don't think the BluRay players themselves have this capability yet. Unfortunately BluRay players aren't that economical.

hdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2007, 9:39 PM   #550

Nobody is going to resolve the Aiptek audio issues.

The audio is typical, horrible Aiptek quality due to inferior components.

But why not just use a portable digital audio recorder with the Aiptek camcorder?

Just synch the audio to the video afterward in your non-linear video editing software.

You could use a Sony MiniDisc recorder, or even better, one of those newer flash memory recorders...

http://www.minidisco.com/Portable-Re...ital-Recorders

...and these devices record top quality audio.

They're also useful as substitutes for the microphone input jack feature on higher cost consumer camcorders.

Increasingly, camcorder manufacturers are not including microphone input jacks (which is sad).

Private Idaho
Private Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote