Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Dec 13, 2007, 11:44 PM   #551

Yes Fishy is right. If audio is of a major concern, get an external audio recordable device. And as mentioned by HDguy, there is no such thing as a beyond 720x480 DVD(or PAL Equivalent) that will play on a stand alone DVD player. DVD players are SD and SD only. PC play back is a different thing, as well is authoring HD on standard DVD's for playback on a HD-DVD player.
There are options, and I hope to help out with freeware suggestions when my A-HD arrives very soon (yes I finaly got someone so send me one from the states. I guess Aiptek has not yet clued into the fact they are screwing a market the size of California or New York! Ya thats good business.)

funkydmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2007, 10:16 AM   #552

As I now own a Sanyo for the time being, I can compare a few clips, one is sound issues.

white noise no mater what White noiseispresent. I am not going to say the Aiptek is the worst but at least I cansay this ' no vid / Aud issues

Would you want vid-aud issue or bad sound.

I say bad sound, cannot have both worlds

Now Sanyo has this barrel distortion while most members complain and we find out for ourselves the hardway, or not believe, we may say it is not bad, I can live with that? see below fig 1

BAck to the sound. the sound is awesome totally a stero sound, but again it may be heard the internal zoom or buttons while prressing, the link is a all indoor and mourning shots, Below is the Aiptek showing that there is no Smear at all butpossablynow less bitrate or grainess.

http://www.vimeo.com/433839sanyo 2 mn plus

http://www.vimeo.com/433952aiptek smear is there

I am not perfect, and for that I do my best.

I also made these two clips together of the Video sound actual and cleaned up of sanyo and Aiptek

http://www.vimeo.com/433947

Now that i have had a little time to play, I am in a decision to keep orreturn, I am set, in my own ways.

1 99.99 aiptek or Sanyo in my hands 299.99 now 600.00

Smear, lens barrel, low speaker, non locking screen joystic notgood, rubberbad, doors battery door 1 large clip 2 small, and 4 inner ones. supersmall buttons and smooth. Zoom one speed.

99.99 i would be best happy with what i have at the mean time, but will be upset in ways. I am happy, and hard to pleaseat times thanks

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2007, 2:37 PM   #553

5.00 got me two lenses, thought I tossed my money away LMAO. I totally forgot the covers were there, and "hey what if" I cutthe back to the diameter of the A-Hd, and the Go-HD? yes it fits it holds and it works. I would still need a little modification and will figure it out soon, I amnotworied to take with me yet. One day when I am on a vacation or need to have a wider angle I will. andwhen I do pull it out, people if near will say hey wow, why didn't I think of that?

So here are some picture shots, videos will soon to come wide angle shots

taking a drill to etch out holes i could have used a jig fora cleaner cut. I wasable to place the lens through easy. some foam or clipswillsecure fora snugger fit.

1 with wide angle

2 without wide angle

Old Dec 15, 2007, 10:27 AM   #554

You may want to click me below to see a wide angle modd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NgLaFn4EcE

for those who are interested. 20.00 shipped, is not a bad price. I am awaiting for the item this week early wed hoping. I know I am goingto need to modify itto fit and it is like alittleglue andfoam for asnug fit and the DIY rating of easy 1 to hard 5 is like -1 too easy.

this will give you, that addededge and thevideo above is ofabigger one. so Aiptek best be on fixingthemic before making a wide angle

will be making aseperate topic

http://www.amazon.com/Phoenix-M-Powe...508&sr=8-1

Old Dec 16, 2007, 8:57 AM   #555

Would it be best to redo and start a new Aiptek A-Hd to continue and follow

I would update with a newer version, and better info and still can post here will tak esome time. i am always opened for those suggestions

update on the CC models the one that you must look out for would be for 1.6 are the ones stamped upload & share to youtube again Aiptek miss labeled boxs that also cater to Imovie

and you'll notice No manual so if you look real close the interior will show manual pink form and paper andCDlooking thin

It may or may not so forgive me if you get one and it does not

the box will have the cd in there containing:

hddv camcorder

E-manual

total media Extreme

Phot Impressions

bar code reads 5388602070----1 THESAME CODE IS FOR THE OLDER ONE TOO

BUT

YOU should be reading below the code and under made in china

86-142-22320-000-v10 that is the old one

86-142-22321-000v1 would be the correct one

take note that 20 is older 21 is newer

hope that would help

Old Dec 16, 2007, 12:18 PM   #556

Ok just returned from Circuit City with a fantastic deal on the Aiptek A-HD, let me explain.

I ordered the Aiptek A-HD from Circuitcity.com this morning, under special offers it includes a tripod and camera bag combo, and 5 free mini-dvd's FREE. I added everything to cart, however my 15 off 100 coupon would not work, I picked in-store pickup and then off I went.

I arrived to the store and questioned the customer service to why my 15 off 100 wouldnt work and she right away said they are having problems with coupons and would refund the 15 dollars. So the total is

Aiptek A-HD

Tripod + Bag

5 mini dvd's

136$ after tax, minus 15$ coupon, minus 30$ mail in rebate = 91$

Heres a pic of the loot.
Attached Images

jWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2007, 2:48 PM   #557

you now have the 1.6 version I read it wrong dam me buthey I already have that tripod or simular. I am very pleased I can probably go back andsay give me my refund but nah not worth it lol

great job
Old Dec 16, 2007, 3:47 PM   #558

OK....Got my Sunday paper this AM and was able to read the "fine print"on the AH-D ad for CC which I could not read in the pix of the "advance copy" of the CC ad posted above.

It turns out that the $99.99 final price is as a result of two components:

1. $20 "instant savings"

2. $30 "mail in rebate"

both deducted from the regular $149.99 price to come up with the $99.99 final price.

(I have not checked circuit city.com)

So, the question then is what is the purchase eligibility period in order for the "rebate" portion to apply? Does it start with purchasesmade fromtoday forward for a period of time,or would it go back 30 days to apply to anyone who bought a camera at CC since 11/16/07 (I bought mine at the local B & M CC on 11/26/07 for $129.99))

In any case, I should get back at least @$22.00 including the 10% extra on the $20 "instant" savings.

However, I just nownoted that the "ultra fine print" in the back of CCs ad re the PriceGuarantee progam says that ."...it does not apply to rebates..." so that may make this whole thing "moot" for my particular situation.

I may get nothing back as I already bought the camera on sale at a $30.00 discount from the $149.00 list price and nowthey areoffering only a $20.00 savings without the rebate!

FYI: Here is another option shown in BBs newspaper ad in todays paper in BBs ad:

A"Package" deal to incl a 1GB SD card, a mini tripod and a case, for $149.99. The camera alone is discounted to $119.99. This doesn't appeal to me as I already have a 2GB SD card, a mini tripod and a case, but thought I would mention the BB advertised option to CC.

I can't get over to CC today, but I will go in tomorrow...if this question hasn't been answered here by someone else re the rebate, I will post about that myself.

Chuck

ciproche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2007, 3:57 PM   #559

Checked the CC website (should have done that BEFORE posting the above!)

Here is the answer re the Rebate applicability time frame:

OFFER REDEMPTION FORM

$30 MIR on APK AHDBLUE

Program ID: PLK9B
----------------------------------------------------------------
Please completely fill out the form below and make a copy for your
records.

QUALIFYING MODELS:
Mail-in Offer on Purchase of:

APK AHDBLUE Qty: 1 Offer Amount: $30.00

Please see your sales associate regarding qualifying models or for
additional information.

Qualifying items must have been purchased between
12/16/2007 and 12/22/2007
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, lets see if I can get ANYTHING back on my purchase?

Chuck
ciproche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2007, 4:52 PM   #560

What I find interesting in the Sunday fliers is the wide range of pricing on SD cards. Many of the drug stores and some major retailers make a big deal out of selling you a 1 GB SD card for $15 while you can get a 2 GB SD card for that just about any given day at an electronics store like CC, Fry's or BB. You'd think the drug stores would have better deals on them too.

hdguy is offline   Reply With Quote