Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Dec 16, 2007, 4:00 PM   #561

http://www.vimeo.com/437718new and improved aiptek A-Hd some fun its been ready

http://www.vimeo.com/437908how to convert and play in theA-Hd allow a few minutes

alright you are in fora treat. so when Icomeback I want some feedback...

I also want to know if I should redo a new thread or let it go. LMAO
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2007, 4:03 PM   #562

As you said, it is 1.6, and the mic works great.

liking it so far
jWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2007, 4:33 PM   #563

did yo see my vid above your ost is it as loud as that or lower? I am wondering if it may be just a lil loud but leaving alone?
Old Dec 16, 2007, 8:11 PM   #564

compared to the clip you put up on vimeo today I would say yours is way louder, ill try to get a clip up soon.
Old Dec 16, 2007, 8:36 PM   #565

I am again at like I said around three feet away maybe I need to step back a little further or decide a firmware issue again
Old Dec 17, 2007, 9:48 AM   #566

jWin wrote:
Quote:
Ok just returned from Circuit City with a fantastic deal on the Aiptek A-HD, let me explain.

Aiptek A-HD
Tripod + Bag
5 mini dvd's
136$ after tax, minus 15$ coupon, minus 30$ mail in rebate = 91$
Jwin proudof you I reordered andwent to the store. they do not offer that deal to a pick up, I calledC.S. andI fought hardand well willsee by 2 weeks time ifIget the pkg or pks that are promised, ifI am smart I return one, or up for a sale?.
Old Dec 17, 2007, 12:08 PM   #567

Fishy:

You posted re the "New" version of the AIPTEK A-HD:

YOU should be reading below the code and under made in China

86-142-22320-000-v10 that is the old one

86-142-22321-000v1 would be the correct one

take note that 20 is older 21 is new
er

However, most of us probably no longer have the cheapo plastic wrapped container that the A-HD came in..( if it had come in a nice box, which it should have, I would still have that.)

So, being unable to check on the outside of thepackage for the above number sequence, to see if I got an "old" model or the "new" one, I took out the battery and looked at the Model # label inside that compartment.

This is what I see:

Model: V5V

S/N: BO170047371

Under "Made in China" at the bottom of the label is this series of numbers:

80-454-04011-000v1.0

This appears to be the same numbering system as you state but the numbers aren't even in the same series....they are way off!

Except for the last two numbers after the "v"..."1.0"

You note that the new version has only a "1" and the old has a "10"...maybe it is actually "1.0" rather than "10" and I then probably DO have the old version.

A clue might be the importance of the 9th and 10th digit in the series...you talk about the numbers "20" being the "old" model and "21" being the new.

What is "11" then???? (I hope not VERY old!)

Perhaps you, or some other A-HD owners, can check the "code" numbers inside the battery compartment and we can see how they track with the series of numbers you state is on the outside of the package under the Bar Code.

Can we find out at what Serial # the newer version started?

Finally, for what it is worth, my camera came loaded with the 1.6 Firmware which I have left alone, even though I have the 2.002 series Firmware that I got from AIPTEK Tech Support.

I wonder if there is any way to "convert" an "old" A-HD to the specs of the "new" one?

What are the exact differences.....I suppose a better mike for one thing???

A bit confused here...

Chuck
ciproche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2007, 12:21 PM   #568

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
jWin wrote:
Quote:
Ok just returned from Circuit City with a fantastic deal on the Aiptek A-HD, let me explain.

Aiptek A-HD
Tripod + Bag
5 mini dvd's
136$ after tax, minus 15$ coupon, minus 30$ mail in rebate = 91$
Jwin proudof you I reordered andwent to the store. they do not offer that deal to a pick up, I calledC.S. andI fought hardand well willsee by 2 weeks time ifIget the pkg or pks that are promised, ifI am smart I return one, or up for a sale?.
I had no problems getting the bundle with in-store pickup, while checking out online I picked the store for every item, went there and they handed it all to me.

Here is a sample video I took

http://www.vimeo.com/439613
Old Dec 17, 2007, 12:40 PM   #569

ciproche wrote:
Quote:
Fishy:
You posted re the "New" version of the AIPTEK A-HD:
YOU should be reading below the code and under made in China

86-142-22320-000-v10 that is the old one
86-142-22321-000v1 would be the correct one

I should have said ...under made in china 86-142-22320-000 v1.0 on the video and even writen it It would not be ooo v10. for that i am sorry I confused you v1

it may or may not hold true as I hesitated with a big pause

what does hold true is this pic of what officially version you have see below

Jwinn it is a tri state thing they will not refund 100% I returned my hybrid and recieved an Unopened one, I shall re-return tommorrow with other receipt and see if 100 % refund is given.

Also I complained and talked into getting 2 pkg bundles wil soon see them after the new year. highly upset with CC. but place yourself in their shoes sometimes. not realy but some times.

As for my orginal Aiptek I hold off on updates from 1.002-1.05 I had bad sound issues and awaiting my RMA

Old Dec 17, 2007, 1:43 PM   #570

How to take apart in three easy steps a vid

http://www.youtube.com/v/EgpjQTvpM74

for this is made

1 top cover truely slides back so easy, exposing the mic and speaker. there is only one screw there

2 battery door Pull off exposing 4 screws

3 from bottom slide hand up the front and pop it is off

that is how easy this A-Hd comes apart , no clips with snaps on there. The Mother board is held on by three or four scres, thef ront cover by one. the back nav cover one. and the lens can come off very easy by two or three screws and pulls off by a pin connection.

Very careful with the Ribbon as it is the most delicate part it has a push pull lock and you mus place back the correct way or you'll expose the cable, cause a green screen or even pop the whole connector off

The Speaker is one part wrapped around in a container with two soldering points and hasa pin connectio, I left alone due to that. the Mic is and can be accessed easily, and if you do not want the attempt you are sure to release the cover and placea filter in simple

Lens barrel the exterior will come off andis held in my one screw if closed (2) you have a clip if taken off you'll expose the interior barrel, you must open up to pull the whole lens apart, exposing hte sensor.

On the top of the sensor is a delicate switch if corectly done you can permently glue this in the Infinity mode, if you break this clip you are permently in the macro mode ( not good)

Is this worth a Mic upgrade, yes and no some have tons of paitience. some rush, decide where you fall under, and take that step.

This was not the orginal one I owned thank you for viewing