Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Dec 18, 2007, 3:17 AM   #571

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
¬*

http://www.vimeo.com/437718¬*new and improved¬* aiptek A-Hd¬* some fun its been ready

http://www.vimeo.com/437908¬*how to convert and play in theA-Hd¬* allow a few minutes

alright you are in fora treat. so when Icomeback I want some feedback...

I also want to know if I should redo a new thread or let it go. LMAO
Sounds good. I have the 1.6 too and the sound has been fine. I'm debating if I still want to mod the thing... maybe I'll just do the fisheye mod because it could come in pretty handy.

I'm thinking about picking up some cheap np60 batteries and charger for this thing. Has anyone tried the 1200mah to compare the battery life vs the stock 1000mah? I found a place where I can pick up 2 with a charger for $17 shipped.

The extra 200mah should be good for an additional 5-10 minutes...maybe more.
Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2007, 3:57 AM   #572

post tht lin...

850 mah -to-1000 gave me exactly just that nothing more so 1200 mah hmm I say the same probably see nothing more but who knows

as for the Mod watch that vid it is so easy to open but that ribbon cable is not easy to place back on probably ifcareful youcan leave it aloneandwork around it
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2007, 4:44 AM   #573

The site's down right now, I found it the other day in Google's "shopping" search. I also found on ebay some 1200-1400mah np60's for about $5.40 shipped.

I'll let you know what I think of the 1400's, for $5 I think it's worth a go.

I did watch the tut but with the 1.6 firmware I don't know if any internal modding needs to be done. *maybe* I'll upgrade the mic but the sound is pretty decent.

Thanks for the reviews, BTW. They're very helpful. The video quality in the latest update is very nice!
Old Dec 18, 2007, 12:33 PM   #574

CC REBATE STORY:

I bought my A-HD from the localB&M CC on 11/26/07. The regular price is $149.99.

The unit was on sale with a $20 discount at $129.99. That is what I paid.

Sunday the camera went on sale at the same price I paid, but with an additional short term to buy it period of 12/16-12/22 to get theMail In Rebate (MIR) for $30.00.

So, I took the CC ad from Sunday's paper and my reciept for the camera back in to CC yesterday on my way home from work.

I just went to the Customer Service counter and said "I would like a Price Match" showing the clerk the ad from the paper and my receipt.

He looked at it and said: "You already paid the sale price of $129.99 so you aren't eligible for that." I said "I understand"

So, I said (just to see what he would say...I didn't expect to get it cuz I didn't buy the camera in the time frame for the MIR) "What about the Rebate of $30.00"

He then went to his manager and came back and I got a pleasant surprise!

He said "We can do that...we will just show the camera as a "return/repurchase" as of today, that way the MIR form will print out with the new receipt"

That is what they did, so now I have a reciept showing a purchase date of 12/17/07 and a MIR Form!

However, another problem came up....I made a dumb mistake and discarded the "Blister Pack" that the A-HD comes in, after cutting it open ,along with the display infocards inside it. (IF it had come in a box, I know I would have kept that...I still have the boxes for all my computer gear I purchase 9 months ago!

The MIR form requires that you submit "a COPY of the Bar code from the packaging"....which I no longer had!

DAMN....foiled at the last moment on my rebate.

But wait! I hadn't given up...I had an idea...I went to the rack where the A-HDs were hanging and took one back up to the Customer Service clerk. I pointed out where this rebate program would accept a "Copy" of the Bar code....(many MIRs require that you submit the original cut out from the box)

I asked him to copy the Bar code on the outside of the blister pack....he did so and that copy is what I am going to submit today to hopefully get my $30.00 MIR!

This should work....I wrote this long post on this deal because another CC buyer might have the same situation and should give what I did a try.

ciproche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2007, 12:44 PM   #575

reciept says a copy of the ups symbol and rebate qith sales reciept.

great going.
Old Dec 18, 2007, 2:05 PM   #576

Any idea what size the image sensor is?

-J
cinejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2007, 2:37 PM   #577

5 mb cmos
Old Dec 18, 2007, 9:29 PM   #578

Ok, you got the rebate but what about the free stuff?:?:

Here's what I did...

I bought a second camera online for in store pickup (along with the camera bag, tripod, and dvds). I picked it up at the 'web pick up' counter and went straight to the return counter where I returned just the camera with my reciept from 12/15.

Then I walked out the door with my loot and rebate reciept. No haggling required.:-)
Old Dec 18, 2007, 11:06 PM   #579

Smooth move

The free bag is really large for the Aiptek, I ordered the remote control from Aiptek website and they include a free bag also. I have not tried out the tripod yet, I really like the camera however
jWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2007, 4:31 AM   #580

Congrads both ...

I am and recieving 2 pkgs of the free bunfle NYC played Dumb not good, of CC