Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Dec 20, 2007, 2:08 PM   #591

So has anyone thought about getting a magnetic wide angle lens? Basically you stick a metal adapter ring around the lens of your camera. Then the new wide angle lens (or telephoto lens) sticks to it because it's magnetic.

http://magneticlenses.com/info/measuring_your_camera

I took some measurements and it looks like we'd need the large sized lens and adapter. I'm so close to buying it...especially since I'll get that much back from my rebate.

What do you guys think?
Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2007, 3:20 PM   #592

My lens is in updated

How much is it

I already am awaiting a delieverytommorrow now unless it is in thehouse wrapped. I got the 1 3/8 by pheonex will hope it fits perfectly over the lens if not a mod is so simple now

if it is a matter of openong up the device and removing the chrome ring

Warlord wrote:
Quote:
So has anyone thought about getting a magnetic wide angle lens?
http://magneticlenses.com/info/measuring_your_camera

What do you guys think?

As shown in the graphic at left, the large ring has an outer dimension of 27mm or 1 1/16 inch. The inner dimension is 22mm or roughly 7/8 inch.

The small sized lenses use a ring with an outer dimension of 22mm or roughly 7/8 inch; while the inner diameter is 17mm or 11/16 inch.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2007, 3:45 PM   #593

Magnetic looks cool. I thought about a micro security lens like this which may be able to fit inside the AHD barrel:

http://www.meijer.com/catalog/produc...categoryId=963

But it may be to fisheye-ish.

My goal is to keep it pocketable.
webshark3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2007, 4:27 PM   #594

well I got the item and go forthe pheonix .45 large at 15 at one time it was a few days ago, just wait till I finish my review for now let me wet your appetite

will do a demo.

Old Dec 20, 2007, 11:44 PM   #595

Looks promising!

I think I'll go ahead and order that magnetic one. I measured my Sony DSC and it has the same opening on the end so I'll be able to use it on both my cameras (it comes with 2 attachment rings). Can't wait for that next video review

EDIT:

Here's a guy using a Phoenix .45x wide angle lens (magnetic) with his xacti.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPHxZncyK3w

Looks pretty cool. Here's the one I'm going to get:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...=445221&is=REG

Good store rating, free shipping and Macro capable.
Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2007, 6:07 AM   #596

That's ViserBlue

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"helped on my modded anddecision to purchase this before soldto a higher price.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Now BHphoto I was 3 blocks away could have and should of stopped and snapped pix for ya. but the traffic to get to the tunnel and back was hectic. preferred to skip it. sorry
Old Dec 22, 2007, 1:15 PM   #597

Hello,

sorry for dropping in this random question, but I am having trouble cutting the AHD-200's (EU) videos.

I want to cut the videofiles lossless (since its enough to recompress them once for the DVD Export) without converting them to uncompressed frames, nor do I want to import or convert them for hours.

The Mov contains H.264 Video, so I tried different programms that will cut lossless at keyframes or support smart-rendering (Avidemux2, virtualdub, cut assistant, jahshaka).

With all I am having trouble.
Avidemux will do it, but export faulty files since it seems to be unable to cut at keyframes.
Virtualdub will import them with the quicktime plugin, but is unable to save files.
Cut assistant will import the files, but does not show the video nor playback the audio correctly.

I played arround with mp4box and Yamb, converted it to a mp4-container, and used Super to streamcopy to Avi as well.
No luck so far.

Jahshaka will open the files, but editing/scrolling through the timeline is so slow that using it is nearly impossible :-(
Wax2, Zweistein 3/4 and such will not import the codec at all, iMovie takes long to convert and the system CD to install imovie HD are still at home, while we drove to the family for christmas.

So what are you guys/gals using to cut the video?
Any chance for a freeware solution?
Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
-Marcus
schorhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2007, 2:35 PM   #598

I use VideoStudio 11 Plus version 2.5 which can handle the A-HD files okay. Prior to that it didn't but I had mentioned the problem on a group where Ulead's marketing guy hangs out so the developers probably had a look and fixed it in the update.

The AVC codec is rather new so a lot of editors won't handle it. What needs to be done is to be able to write back to a file that the Aiptek can play. The GO HD would try to play edited MOV files but would lock up. They did better error checking on the A-HD firmware to prevent opening anything but an A-HD generated file. Developers would probably have to know what corners were cut with the Ambarella version of AVC1 to make an editor that could create a A-HD playable file though maybe it could be any real AVC codec but fool the camera but putting the Ambarella marker in it.

hdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2007, 2:44 PM   #599

Arcsoft total media wil allow playback to the A-HD and GO-HD

Total media by Arcsoft. editing and burning as well as playback

2.99 at Aiptek.com
Old Dec 22, 2007, 4:51 PM   #600

Thanks for the info!
The description of the product in Aiptek's store is not stating anything about the program.
What came with the AHD200 seems to be just a burn-Clips-to-DVD application.

Any info if the software supports lossless cutting or if it is a decent editor? The Arcsoft site is not very detailed about the program features either.
Two additional problems would be decent ntsc/pal conversion (Especially the framerate) and the software is not available in the german shop.

@hdguy
I was wondering about re-uploading video, but I guess its not so importaint.
I still try to find some freeware tools for editing, and if I convert it prior to import it will work but I try to avoid that ;-)
Will VideoStudio 11 import&convert it or is it imported right away without converting?
schorhr is offline   Reply With Quote