Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Dec 22, 2007, 5:28 PM   #601

you can cut unwanted scenes out with Arcsoft? is that what your after?
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2007, 6:13 PM   #602

Argh I should not play arround with new programms so late at night. I missed the "cutting-room" button in the ArcTec-Software. Shame on me :?! But I really have problems with Software thats designed non-standard and has all kind of buttons instead of a regular windows menu.

:G

I will try out the software a bit (probably tomorrow since its getting late) and come back to complain some more after that ;-)

If someone knows of some freeware software like jahshaka that is capable of "realtime" editing of H.264 material but maybee a bit faster on slower PCs please let me know ;-)
schorhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2007, 10:31 AM   #603

As I am on a new Hybrid, I am happy in ways,and will be happier with it with the new wide angle, and editing with a filter and lowering the sound.

what I might do is lock the Infinity switch in place, or tape it.

I do not use it all the time, and some ashots are ruined by the switch.

To lock it out it is opening the camcorder up, sliding off the knob and placing , it back, I preferre to somehow place something elsoe over it.

Aiptek should have had a a slide and down switch or placed in the top position

Tape is fine for now less dust to find its way in.

Some added info, the sound of my MPVr issure better than thesound of the A-Hd, but the vid, wasneversynched hmm

Old Dec 24, 2007, 5:20 PM   #604

Received the remote control from Aiptek.com today, came with a free Aiptek camera bag, however the A-HD doesnt fit inside it

jWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2007, 5:39 PM   #605

good-n-bad

the remote is well worth everything. simple to use but no on/off it is andc an be used by all Aiptek models that is the good part only thingAiptek did right lol

Old Dec 28, 2007, 2:09 AM   #606

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
Arcsoft total media wil allow playback to the A-HD and GO-HD

Total media by Arcsoft. editing and burning as well as playback

2.99 at Aiptek.com

Having problems with the quote function.

Anyways in regards to the above quote, fishy am I getting what you say in that with that software you can author clips to the A-HD? Off PC and onto the cam for viewing? Is there a preset?

On a side note I am finally the proud owner of an A-HD. Just playing with it now, after a friendly American mailed it to me, as they are still unavailable to buy in, or have shipped to Canada.

funkydmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2007, 9:48 AM   #607

Funky. going mail route hip hipArcsoft you hae the disk? it is simple to use but complicated at times. very basic. you can load 320x240 it will convert to the 1280x720 h264codec and it does not matter if it is large small size stil plays on the 2.4 inch screen, only problem we have is file size cannot lowerres.

now wonder if it isworth doing have it playback to the cmera in D1 to get a smaller size?:idea:
Old Dec 28, 2007, 10:13 AM   #608

while filming a review vid. I noticed and was watching a show last night.

upconverting an old definition for dvd players before blue-ray.

Do you think that Aiptek is using a converter for their video I noticed on my film the seperation first time.

may be a possbility it is a flare from the sun and shows great potential

Old Dec 28, 2007, 8:04 PM   #609

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
Funky. going mail route hip hipArcsoft you hae the disk? it is simple to use but complicated at times. very basic. you can load 320x240 it will convert to the 1280x720 h264codec and it does not matter if it is large small size stil plays on the 2.4 inch screen, only problem we have is file size cannot lowerres.

now wonder if it isworth doing have it playback to the cmera in D1 to get a smaller size?:idea:
The disk that came with my cam has "Photo Impression" the replacement disk on the Aiptek site says it come with "total-media"
Does it realy include Arcsoft Totalmedia for 2.99? Is it just a trial version with an A-HD preset or a full version?

As far as the "Totalmedia" software are you saying it only transfers back to the cam in 720p not any smaller files? Not sure what you mean there. If you could clarify that would be appreciated.

On a semi related note- on page 12 of my manual at the bottom in an info bubble right at the bottom

"if you record an HD resolution clip while connected to your HD TV, the TV display video resolution will down size to D1 (480p) resolution due to data bit rate, but the recorded file will remain HD (720p) with no change."

This is interesting. I was lead to believe that all analog to digital capture was going to be 480p, but this would mean that capture of HD video will display as 480p while recording but will be HD on playback. Cool.
Anyone verify?

funkydmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2007, 6:03 AM   #610

funkydmunky wrote:
Quote:
The disk that came with my cam has "Photo Impression" the replacement disk on the Aiptek site says it come with "total-media"
Does it realy include Arcsoft Totalmedia for 2.99? Is it just a trial version with an A-HD preset or a full version?
As far as the "Totalmedia" software are you saying it only transfers back to the cam in 720p not any smaller files? Not sure what you mean there. If you could clarify that would be appreciated.
On a semi related note- on page 12 of my manual at the bottom in an info bubble right at the bottom
"if you record an HD resolution clip while connected to your HD TV, the TV display video resolution will down size to D1 (480p) resolution due to data bit rate, but the recorded file will remain HD (720p) with no change."
This is interesting. I was lead to believe that all analog to digital capture was going to be 480p, but this would mean that capture of HD video will display as 480p while recording but will
be HD on playback. Cool.
Anyone verify?
Will work on a pic and vid for all.

av input hd tv into the A-hd will record to D1 only they are saying you'll be able torecord off a hdtv and be able to save it hdvt are a different signal still be d1 no matter what, and better than the older version it's in stereo too