Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Dec 29, 2007, 10:25 AM   #611

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tyI-XtqSPSw

the above link will demo the Arcsoft totalmeida extreme made for Aiptek 1.03 version

while there is a ver 3 on the market which this is not

http://arcsoft.com/products/totalmedia/?l=v

http://www.arcsoft-jungle.jp/products/tme/ here is a overseas site of the program.

http://www.tmcnet.com/usubmit/2007/10/01/2981671.htmand the info in english of a site that explains

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2704,2080984,00.aspand pc mag
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2007, 1:48 PM   #612

Hello

I may have the stupidest question ever, but I received the A-HD for Christmas (mostly from reading this thread). I have been following this thread off-and-on for months, I apologize if this question has already been asked.

I took a couple of short clips and was able to hook the red/yellow and blue/red/green cables to my tv and watch them. I was also able to record and watch a new video while the cables were connected. Both videos looked great.

My problem is, how in the world do you change the settings on the camera so I can take a video and watch what's being filmed on the camera screen???

I can't find it in any of the settings anywhere.

I tried different combinations of plugging in and out the audio/video cables and turning the tv/camera off and on, but nothing is working.

When I was first able to watch a video on my tv, a menu popped up on my camera to say something along the lines of "video out", but I can't get that message to come back up no matter how hard I try.

Thank you in advance for your help.

-dan
DRay9911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2007, 2:27 PM   #613

dan pull the cable out the av input, and plug back in it will show again it

re and white are audio yellow vid for reg tv playback red green blue are video for hdtv playback
Old Dec 29, 2007, 3:13 PM   #614

i tried pulling the camera cables out and plugging them back in and puling the tv cables out and then back in. niether worked.

i also tried it with the camera off, that didn't work.

what is the correct order for doing this?

since all of the menus are showing up on the tv, i should be able to see the menu to back to straight camera mode. but it isn't showing up.

-dan

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
dan pull the cable out the av input, and plug back in it will show again it

re and white are audio yellow vid for reg tv playback red green blue are video for hdtv playback
Old Dec 29, 2007, 3:30 PM   #615

If the menus are showing up on the TV, I would guess you are outputting video, not importing video. Which are you trying to do?

funkydmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2007, 3:44 PM   #616

what i want to do is be able to use the recorder and be able to see what i'm filming or taking a picture of on the lcd screen.

i am plugging and unplugging the cables from the camera and tv in different combinations and none of them are giving me the option to go back into regular camera mode.

-dan

funkydmunky wrote:
Quote:
If the menus are showing up on the TV, I would guess you are outputting video, not importing video. Which are you trying to do?
Old Dec 29, 2007, 3:53 PM   #617

Dray. lets see if we follow

you want to record with the A-Hd, and record what is on the A-HD's screen?

you are going to need to either hook up to a vcr to the input of the vcr and allow the VCR to record what the Aiptek sees.

or

Get an External source like another camcorder and plug the A-Hd into that.

You cannot record what is on the A-Hd screen through itself.

If that is what you are asking?

by all means the AV out to the Tv will allow you to record with the camcorder andactually see it through the Eye of the Tc.just made a vid on this lol

1 camcorder plugs into TV turn on Camcorder, choose AV OUT

2 when AV OUTisset the camcorder will be in LIVE mode hit record you are now seeing what the Aiptek is recording through the tv, press stop go into play by lcd screen play button

3 hit till playback thumb nails show.

4 to back out Mode mode and scroll to camcorder and back to live

Old Dec 29, 2007, 3:59 PM   #618

two days ago i recorded a short video clip, i was able to watch the lcd screen as i was recording. i was also able to playback the video clip on the lcd screen

this morning i plugged my a-hd into my tv and played that clip. as soon as i hooked the camera to the tv, the lcd screen went dark (i'm guessing because my a-hd is in video out mode).

i was also able to make a record a short video clip while the camera was plugged into the tv. instead of watching the lcd screen as i was recording, i was able to watch the tv.

i now want to be able to record more video and be able to see what i am recording on the lcd screen. right now, i am not able to do that. the lcd screen is still dark.

no matter what i do and regardless of which order i unplug the cables from the tv and the a-hd, the lcd screen is still dark.

-dan

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
Dray. lets see if we follow

you want to record with the A-Hd, and record what is on the A-HD's screen?

you are going to need to either hook up to a vcr to the input of the vcr and allow the VCR to record what the Aiptek sees.

or

Get an External source like another camcorder and plug the A-Hd into that.

You cannot record what is on the A-Hd screen through itself.

If that is what you are asking?

by all means the AV out to the Tv will allow you to record with the camcorder andactually see it through the Eye of the Tc.just made a vid on this lol

Old Dec 29, 2007, 4:04 PM   #619

Av out is only playback you wil not be able to do that, are you sure it was not av INPUT? av input you can record the tv and see it on the camera.

not the otehr way around. I may be mistaken. will try it but I am sure the screen shuts off, since the MPVr -to-A-HD its been that way.

Av out shuts off screen av in keeps on
Old Dec 29, 2007, 4:36 PM   #620

i am not messing with anything having to do with av input

i already know the screen shuts off during video-out mode, that's my whole problem. i need to get that screen back on.

i want to be able to see what i'm recording on the lcd screen during regular video recording mode (with no audio or video cables plugged into the TV)

unreal

-dan

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
Av out is only playback you wil not be able to do that, are you sure it was not av INPUT? av input you can record the tv and see it on the camera.

not the otehr way around. I may be mistaken. will try it but I am sure the screen shuts off, since the MPVr -to-A-HD its been that way.

Av out shuts off screen av in keeps on