Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Dec 29, 2007, 3:46 PM   #621

deleted due to Email
seeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2007, 4:07 PM   #622

DRay9911 wrote:
Quote:
i am not messing with anything having to do with av input

i already know the screen shuts off during video-out mode, that's my whole problem. i need to get that screen back on.

i want to be able to see what i'm recording on the lcd screen during regular video recording mode (with no audio or video cables plugged into the TV)

unreal

-dan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWv7wCNiJHEav out video

1 We can say that you are all clear on the cables pluuged into thecamera and how it works, it sounds like you cannot get the lcd screen to go on camera alone

is this correct you cannot use the camera at all unless you usecables?

lets clear things up here.

1 your camera does not work with the Lcd screen at all? yes no?

2 have you modified it in any way?

3 is it new or used?

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2007, 7:58 PM   #623

1 We can say that you are all clear on the cables pluuged into thecamera and how it works, it sounds like you cannot get the lcd screen to go on camera alone

yes, that is correct.

the LCD screen is black (it turned off the moment i connected the camera to the tv)

no

3 is it new or used?

it's new, i received it for christmas and it was in the original packaging

i watched your youtube video, the very first time i connected the camera to the tv, i was prompted to select video-out. now, i do not get those selections (that's the problem).

-dan

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
DRay9911 wrote:
Quote:
i am not messing with anything having to do with av input

i already know the screen shuts off during video-out mode, that's my whole problem. i need to get that screen back on.

i want to be able to see what i'm recording on the lcd screen during regular video recording mode (with no audio or video cables plugged into the TV)

unreal

-dan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWv7wCNiJHEav out video

3 is it new or used?

DRay9911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2007, 9:42 PM   #624

DRay9911 wrote:

1. I took a couple of short clips and was able to hook the WHITE and REDand blue/red/green cables to my HDTVtv and watch them. I was also able to record and watch a new video while the cables were connected. Both videos looked great.

My problem is, how in the world do you change the settings on the camera so I can take a video and watch what's being filmed on the camera screen???

I can't find it in any of the settings anywhere.

I tried different combinations of plugging in and out the audio/video cables and turning the tv/camera off and on, but nothing is working.

When I was first able to watch a video on my tv, a menu popped up on my camera to say something along the lines of "video out", but I can't get that message to come back up no matter how hard I try.

Thank you in advance for your help.

-dan

Dan this was your Question and I need to clear it up you totally lost me.

1. can you clear up what you are asking.

2. to your question: it sounds like again you are asking how do you record video while plugged into the camera, and see it on the cameras screen Live footage (not av input).

3. You also said: how do I get the Av out (tv playback ) to show again.

A)If you want to record yourself, and see through the tv, and camcorder together it is not possable.

B) if you need to get back to av out you simply turn on/off camera or plug/unplug cable

C) if you want to record a live tv show you choose AV input with a vcr (tv tuner ) Tv sets do not convert tv signals to a vid and audio seperation they needa vcr to doso, a dvd player will allow a signal only to be recorded to the camera with a direct plug in

I am again totally lost by your questions and responses if you're going to copy the topic leave it in the quote and fill in with a different color it is read much clearer.

doing my best to clear this up
Old Dec 29, 2007, 11:12 PM   #625

you're kidding, right?

i've posted a half a dozen times and it's very clear what my problem is:

WHEN MY A-HD IS ON AND NOT PLUGGED INTO THE TV, THE LCD SCREEN IS STILL BLANK

I DO NOT GET AN OPTION TO SWITCH OUT OF AV-OUT MODE WHEN I TURN THE CAMERA OFF/ON OR PLUG/UNPLUG THE CAMERA/TV CABLES

I KNOW I CAN'T VIEW WHAT I'M RECORDING ON THE TV AND THE CAMERA AT THE SAME TIME. I WANT TO SWITCH MY CAMERA SETTING TO WHERE I CAN VIEW OUT OF THE LCD SCREEN

I AM NOT ASKING ABOUT RECORDING LIVE TV OR ANYTHING HAVING TO DO WITH THE AUDIO/VIDEO IN PORTION OF THE CAMERA.

-dan

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
DRay9911 wrote:

1. I took a couple of short clips and was able to hook the WHITE and REDand blue/red/green cables to my HDTVtv and watch them. I was also able to record and watch a new video while the cables were connected. Both videos looked great.

My problem is, how in the world do you change the settings on the camera so I can take a video and watch what's being filmed on the camera screen???

I can't find it in any of the settings anywhere.

I tried different combinations of plugging in and out the audio/video cables and turning the tv/camera off and on, but nothing is working.

When I was first able to watch a video on my tv, a menu popped up on my camera to say something along the lines of "video out", but I can't get that message to come back up no matter how hard I try.

Thank you in advance for your help.

-dan

Dan this was your Question and I need to clear it up you totally lost me.

1. can you clear up what you are asking.

2. to your question: it sounds like again you are asking how do you record video while plugged into the camera, and see it on the cameras screen Live footage (not av input).

3. You also said: how do I get the Av out (tv playback ) to show again.

A)If you want to record yourself, and see through the tv, and camcorder together it is not possable.

B) if you need to get back to av out you simply turn on/off camera or plug/unplug cable

C) if you want to record a live tv show you choose AV input with a vcr (tv tuner ) Tv sets do not convert tv signals to a vid and audio seperation they needa vcr to doso, a dvd player will allow a signal only to be recorded to the camera with a direct plug in

I am again totally lost by your questions and responses if you're going to copy the topic leave it in the quote and fill in with a different color it is read much clearer.

doing my best to clear this up
DRay9911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2007, 11:44 PM   #626

"Horrible" is a good word to use to describe the sound quality of the AH-D!

When you are simply recording someone speaking or even ina relatively noisy place like a Christmas Party, which I have done...then the sound is almost acceptable.

However, last night I took the AH-D with me for the first time to one of my daughter's bands shows at a restaurant.

In order to be close enough (even with the 2X zoom on) to properly film the group I ended up about 10-15' from the large amp powered speakers that they use.

OMG! :sad:

When I played the recording back I was just shoked at the tremendous distortion that resulted in the playback, I am sure cuz of the very high volumn that the camera was recording.

Don't some vid cameras have an Automatic Gain Control or some other way of reducing the Db coming into the mike to a level where the distortion would, if not disappear, be such that you could at least tell what song is being played.

I have Firmware 1.600 and have NOT flashed by unit with the 2.002 Firmware as Fishy has reported a "clicking" sound using that version . I don't think that update was meant to fix the sound recording problem anyway.

I have a Nikon S-3 Digital camera that is 2 years old and has a somewhat primitive 15FPS video feature...that camera can handle recording high volumn input just fine with very little if any distortion!

My daughter told me she would rather have a jumpy pix and reasonable sound as you get from the Nikon than a HD 720p 16x9 sharp pix and "horrible" sound that you get from the AIPTEK!

I uploaded a sample of the vid in question to BOX.NET at this URL:

http://www.box.net/shared/static/r08a8g58go.MOV

Please watch and listen to it and let me know if this is typical or that there may be some flaw in my particular camera?

Charles I. Proche
ciproche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2007, 11:45 PM   #627

Dan.

understand what I read, and what I made sense of. Something I overlooked, or we are misunderstanding, for that I do appologise.

1.on start up you turn on camera and all you have is a blank screen no more. period.

you either have a defective camera, ribbon cable off inside, or loose.

you say it is new , but also say it works, and you start your question with cables and tv?

All other info provided threw me off you were telling me the camera works in every scenerio but i never read camera alone at turn on the screen will not display. this is what i get from it?

does that sound right to you now?

Old Dec 29, 2007, 11:58 PM   #628

ciproche wrote:
Quote:
"Horrible" is a good word to use to describe the sound quality of the AH-D!

Charles I. Proche

Poche the mic is over sensitive, and agree no control. It is like a GET SMART the sound proof glass. it picksup way more andcauses garble. I do not recommend the Upgrade you'll just get a lower audio, but may get a less quailty as well.

Now for the sample: I prepared myself and could not get pass volume 1 wow I am sure later on I'll try to clean it up
the vid was amazing:|

the sound letters to Aiptek

update my ears, canot clean sound too distorted

Old Dec 30, 2007, 9:10 AM   #629

For Christmas, I received the Aiptek A-HD with a SanDisk 2GD Ultra II SD Card (which bends in the middle and fits straight into a USB port, meaning you don't have to fiddle with cables to transfer your videos and snapshots).

First of all: many thanks Fishycomics! It was your original YouTube videos which sold me on the camera, putting it on my Christmas list (and my wife obliged).

Second point: the camera does have some 'quirks', but I've noticed these things with a lot of cameras. For example; when you record a video clip, then stop the video, you need to be patient or you might lose what you have recorded.

If you try to navigate through the menus, or shut off the camera, or try to remove the SD card before it's good and ready before it has had time to put everything in order, you will possibly end up corrupting everything you currently have on that SD card (or the camera will register that there is no space left on the card and there are No Files on it either). You'll need to Format the card in the Settings option in the camera to take more video / pictures (accept it: the video you took is gone).

:angry:

So when you press the Record button to stop the recording, make sure the timer at the TOP LEFT of your flip-out screen goes through the motions...
  • first it should change the red 'recording' dot to a yellow 'wait a few seconds' square[/*]
  • then the counter and colored symbols will disappear[/*]
  • ONLY THEN should you review your videos, or power down the camera to remove the SD card.[/*]
Third point: the above also applies to battery life. If the camera starts acting screwy after a few hours, it's probably running low on power. If you have bought spare NP-60 batteries and have them full of power, change batteries. Don't open the case, remove the battery, shake it around a bit, to try and get an extra 5 minutes of recording time. You run the risk of corrupting what you have on the SD card.

Finally: I have posted my thoughts on the camera on YouTube. The best bit is where I use it to record direct from a DVD player (5'16" into the review). The video and audio quality are exceptional if you use the camera as a DVR.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyU361NB1iw ...the YouTube video.

And once again: many thanks, Fishycomics.
ShawnGBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2007, 9:43 AM   #630

ShawnGBR wrote:
Quote:
applies to battery life. If the camera starts acting screwy after a few hours, it's probably running low on power. If you have bought spare NP-60 batteries and have them full of power, change batteries. Don't open the case, ...the YouTube video.

And once again: many thanks, Fishycomics.
Shawn. you are very Welcomed, god or bad i do my best to always show the best ofthe hybrids, that we understand. not a perfect world.

1 battery will deplete, and file WILL be saved camera will say hey I have 1 minute left time to save, finalize, and call it a night. no more currupted files.

The Aiptek MPVr did that said hey got to go, andeft you hung dry. no bus money, etc.

Will watch your review and place my comment to show my gratitude.

perfection at its BEST:|

Happy holidayz to you. Shaawn.......