Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Dec 30, 2007, 9:49 AM   #631

my comments are in bold/yellow

I used my sony cybershot to take a short video, but it's 2 minutes long and i couldn't put it on youtube. i tried megaupload, but it was going to take an hour and i have to go somewhere and take my laptop with me. i will try to upload it later today.

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
Dan.

understand what I read, and what I made sense of. Something I overlooked, or we are misunderstanding, for that I do appologise.

1.on start up you turn on camera and all you have is a blank screen no more. period.

yes, the lcd screen is blank

you either have a defective camera, ribbon cable off inside, or loose.

you say it is new , but also say it works, and you start your question with cables and tv?

the camera records video but i can only see what i'm recording if the camera is plugged into the tv.

All other info provided threw me off you were telling me the camera works in every scenerio but i never read camera alone at turn on the screen will not display. this is what i get from it?

does that sound right to you now?

yes, the lcd screen is now blank no matter what i do. the screen worked UNTIL i connected the camera to the tv yesterday morning

DRay9911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2007, 12:14 PM   #632

http://youtube.com/watch?v=EgpjQTvpM74taking apart

Dan we now can confirm, you got a disconnected Ribbon cable if you said this at the beginning or you did it may not have been clear. no problem at all.

before we go to the next step you have an option return and exchange the unit. your decision.

You can open up the camera, It is very easy. the top cover pushsback to you exposing one screw. the battery door shows the other four. you open from the bottom and work your way up no clips holding to break.

you thehn find the two on the mother board oneat the front lower and top under the lensbarrel and one behind the nav area a video hasbeen show, that simple you seperate the board and shows the ribbon

Aiptek hasno Inspection station it was passed as good and yougot a defective one. be very careful about reattaching the ribbon cable.

Hope this time we cleared up the confusion:-)
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2007, 1:29 PM   #633

http://www.vimeo.com/460570

how to Av input

thisshows you how to get a vhs on, dvd played and tv played enjoy the video
Old Dec 31, 2007, 2:11 PM   #634

To DRay9911:

For your problem, TRY REMOVING THE BATTERY of the camera for ten seconds -then reinsert it.

I had the blank LCD screen as you described yesterday after a photo shooting sequence. After connection to a WINXP machine the camera was not recognized as a storage device and WIN further complained that there was a PROBLEM with this USB device.

Since there is no RESET button on the A-HD (that I can see) I just pulled the battery then reinstalled it. Opened the A-HD screen and it powered up normally. I then connected the USB cable and was able to transfer pictures (WIN didn't complain again).

For whatever reason, my camera went into a limbo state that req'd a RESET. It is running version 1.600 firmware btw.

gl.
wb9bbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2007, 2:40 PM   #635

Just another note of THANKS to FISHYCOMICS for his reviews, videos and tutorials that he has posted all over the net. I was debating between this A-HD and another p&s camera and have been very impressed with the still shots of this camera -the video feature is icing on the cake. tnx fishy
Old Dec 31, 2007, 3:01 PM   #636

WB9... you are welcomed, what was the other camcorder or P andshoot you were comparing to? would love to know?
Old Dec 31, 2007, 3:37 PM   #637

Hi Fishy, I was looking at the cheap SAMSUNG S (s730) and L series of p&s cameras -mainly based on reviews and photo samples I saw for relatively cheap price tags (the s630 6MP cam went down to about $79 or so and the 7mp not that much more). SAMSUNG has a whole lot of cheap cams, likely cheap lenses and their own sensors that also populate their cheap phones. I believe their cams also did videos (not sure what specs), but certainly NOT of the caliber of the A-HD.

Your fine A-HD videos convinced me of that -wow!

adios.
Old Dec 31, 2007, 4:18 PM   #638

for a few pennys more you picked a good VIDEO source, not the audio though , but hey Aiptek came a long way beggers cannot be choosy, happy filming

thanks
Old Dec 31, 2007, 4:18 PM   #639

for a few pennys more you picked a good VIDEO source, not the audio though , but hey Aiptek came a long way beggers cannot be choosy, happy filming

thanks
Old Dec 31, 2007, 10:45 PM   #640

Another AIPTEK A-HD and FLICKR user named -"invtweker"- has posted a Windows PAINT graphic that shows a PVC adapter that slips over the lens of the A-HD that allows another unknown (?) lens (?) to be used on the AIPTEK camera.

I know that fishy and others have posted experiments with different wide-angle lenses on the A-HD Does anyone know WHAT THE HECK this user is using into a PVC adapter that then slips onto his A-HD lens? (he doesn't say).

Ironically, the title of his FLICKR graphic is simply -"forfish".

Here's the link to his graphic on Flickr:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/21489076%40N04/2125787805/

tnx all, and happy New Year.