Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jan 1, 2008, 7:22 AM   #641

wb9bbc wrote:
Quote:
Ironically, the title of his FLICKR graphic is simply -"forfish".

Here's the link to his graphic on Flickr:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/21489076%40N04/2125787805/

tnx all, and happy New Year.
Wekr... Pm me in Youtube, we talked about a different way to hook up a lens , if I were to have it solidely on the device while in a moving enviorement, the car. shaking ws not good for a magnetic lens.

The p[roblem is that the batrrel is 1 3/16 and the pvc are 1 inck and 1 1/4 or 4.4 notthe 1 3/8th which is needed. a lot of work, to cut thediameter out on the smaller, and a lot of tape for the larger one. making the magnetic one he better choice. or the lens cap theory a better fit.

that idea wassketched in a matter of 5 minutes. andwas greatly appriciated, wasfor me. thank you for pointing it out/

fsihy
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2008, 4:45 AM   #642

Well lets see what is in store for the A-Hd,

The starting price was 170 instores 150 and is holding at 130. the Lowest offered 99.99 and you'll see a price drop again real soon I am looking foward if it drops below the 100.00 mark I am most sure they will discountue the model. AIptek must be working oa

S-HD model or other name

Ces 2008 is out othe companies are saying they have their low priced one;s

but i am sure that is not going to be the reason it will be outed..........
Old Jan 20, 2008, 10:50 AM   #643

B & H photo, they laughed when Economy Hybrid wasshown to them, it was not going to go over big, well now they have the A-Hd in their webpage are they laughing now, who knows, iam happy they seen that this economy model may just go over well.
Old Jan 20, 2008, 4:33 PM   #644

I'm getting "familiar" with my Aiptek HD Camera I received for Christmas.

Now let me ask the professionals here.

Didn't I read in the Forums hereabout Aiptek "stating" there was a 4X Zoom when in actuality its only 2X?

Then didn't someone here post a link that you could Download a "Fix/Patch" or something like that, to make it TRULY a 4X Zoom.

I'd like to do this with MY Aiptek HD, but I'm a Beginner and DON'T want to screw my camera up.

If there IS a link, could someone post it here and give me VERY SIMPLE "STEP BY STEP" instructions on how to Download it and install it in my Camera please.

Roger

pm me
Blackmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2008, 5:28 PM   #645

you correctly read right. the camera was missmarked 4x and it is a 2x digital zoom.

you may go to Aiptek.com/support call email or write. you have the option of reciveing a patch from the company and backup if incorrectly loadingwhat they gave you, or what defective firmware was given to you at that time.

Ifyou are going outside of Aiptek what would happen? telling Aiptek that they have a perfect model, release a new model with the same defect etc.. for example

Since all thosewho bypassed Aiptek they didrelease 2.002 to the stores and yes defects are out there

they are publishing the new 1440x1080P model with the same A-Hd with boosted firmware if theCmos is the same 5 mb size oh boy look out.
Old Jan 21, 2008, 8:20 PM   #646

http://www.vimeo.com/625602

a video you may want to watch 7 plus minutes shot with theA-Hd and Hd 700 sanyo super macro and low resshots, also hd ones enjoy
Old Jan 23, 2008, 2:37 PM   #647

Question.

I just took some still pictures with my Aiptek-HD.

How do I go into the Camera to set the "Picture File Size" smaller.

These pictures are coming out HUGE!

I want to get them in the 1024X768 or the 800X600 range.

Roger

Blackmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2008, 3:26 PM   #648

there is an online or cdr pdf manual as well as a paper one :G

lower left button gets you to the picture res?
Old Jan 30, 2008, 4:42 AM   #649

Blackmagic wrote:
Quote:
Question.

I just took some still pictures with my Aiptek-HD.

How do I go into the Camera to set the "Picture File Size" smaller.

These pictures are coming out HUGE!

I want to get them in the 1024X768 or the 800X600 range.

Roger

In my experience, here is the best way I've found to do that.

Buy or download a good image editing program. You could buy Photoshop (which I use) or download a free alternative such as The GIMP. In either of those programs you can resize your image to any resolution you'd like.

Also, I found that taking pictures with the A-HD in "5MP Mode" is the best.

I hope that helps! ^_^

@fishycomics: Hey man, Watching your videos made me really want the A-HD (Thanks a lot!). Now that I have it (got is as a late xmas gift!) I have been testing it out, and I am very pleased. Infact, I uploaded a test video I made to Stage6.com, and I am extremely pleased with the quality! However, I'm wondering, I've seen your videos on Youtube and vimeo (vimeo being the better of the two IMO) and I'm just wondering, what not upload your HD videos to a place such as stage6 to get the maximum HD streaming quality?
Nikogrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2008, 12:45 PM   #650

The A-HD comes with an image editing program. It's on the CD. I installed it on another machine which is not running at the moment so I can't tell you what it does. But probably does resize. And there are free open source program like Gimp which can edit photos.

hdguy is offline   Reply With Quote