Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jan 30, 2008, 6:25 PM   #651

As more and more I use this hoping Aiptek will add a continuis count the next model for hat I do is leave a photo left in the pic to up the count
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2008, 11:00 PM   #652

Thanks for the reply, but thats why I'm trying to reduce the picture BEFORE, with the Camea. I took about 50 pictures and it took me ANOTHER hour tyo just reduce them to 800X600.
I thought if I reduced the file size BEFORE, sothen I wouldn't have this EXTRA step.

My old camera was a Sony Cybershot 1.3 Mega Pixel, so ANY picture is BETTER than what I had before.

I mean these 5MB pictures came out to 36"X24".

Thats just CRAZY!

Roger

Blackmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2008, 11:24 AM   #653

Where is the Serial Number located on the Aiptek HD Camcorder?

I e-mailed the company about the Camera packaging stating it was a 4X Zoom,
whenin fact itwas only a 2X. Their Tech e-mailed me back with a link to a"Patch".

He also said that if not installed correctly, it would "fry" the Camera and that the Warranty wouldn't cover it!

I said, "SCREW THAT".

I asked him if I could get an RMA# and send the Camera back to THEM,
and THEY could do it.

They said no problem and that they may just "replace" the camera with one that DOES have a 4X Zoom.

Roger

Old Feb 1, 2008, 12:06 PM   #654

Blackmagic I am not Aiptek:G

I should get paid from Aiptek:idea:

where would the serial most likely be afew spots?

1. the cdr that cmoes with it has this itty bitty sticker.........

2. Something called the container

3. and deffently on the camera

Aiptek knows this, and is playing a BIG game with you.

Sounds like either you have an older model on the box, or instruction of digital Zoom???

and Aiptek better tell you they Own a defective Firmware.

1 Following the simple instructionsWill not fry t he camcorder I proven in my video by removing it during their steps, it works LMAO

Old Feb 1, 2008, 2:07 PM   #655

Fishey,

I appreciate your input.

I am not that familiar with the Camera.

It was bought as a Christmas gift for me.... from my wife.
She bought it in November 2007.
As simple as it "may" be, if it DOES screw-up my Camera,
I don't have a "spare" $129.00 to buy a new one.

I am on dissability and only receiving 2/3rds of my "regualr" paycheck and I'm not willingto take that chance.
They are telling me that I may have a "Defective" Camera.
If thats the way they want to "cover it up", than so be it.

As long as I get an Aiptek-HD Camcorder with a 4X Zoom, at NO COST TO ME,
then I'm a Happy Camper"!

My problem is, if you ADVERTIZE it as a 4X Zoom, then you better be able to back it up or correct the problem.
If they want to call my HD Camcorder "defective" in order to write it off, and they give me a new one that actually DOES what is described on the Description on the box, then it's all good.

BM

Old Feb 1, 2008, 3:08 PM   #656

you recieved a camera but notfimular. take some time play with it you'll like it. I say do not attept a Upgrade

Blackmagic. the serial number is like I mentioned. on the BOX, on the camera behid the battery, and on that cdr disk all understood:Ggreat all was just pointing you to it.

1 2x digital, and wanting just 4x liked promised?

By all means there are two ways we can look at this

And I am on your side. A the camera box, manual CDR E-manual,and website had 4 x MISSPRINTED, We are purchasing what we believe is supposed to be there.

2. Firmware is the correction, but it also corrects multiple issues

Noise in the vid ofCIF, noise with the electromicshutter, adding extra lunguages and degrading the low light adding grain. sharpness, and unknown clicking, also -6db lower gain of the mic.

I also would love the L.E.D. lights promised where are they?

your firmware will be placed in the camera and be DEFECTIVE. the 1.2-5,1.6 whatever you have will now be 2.002 and have defective issues. Aiptek will notrefund or replace with a new model, they are out for $$$, not for returns, they wil resell a defective uint at their site.

Old Feb 1, 2008, 4:13 PM   #657

Fishy,

So tell me, is there anyway to see if my camera is actually a
2X or the4X (a newer version)?

If its THIS much trouble, I might just stick with what I have and forget the extra 2X!

I'm happy with the product. Going from 1.3 Mega Pixel,up to 5 Mega Pixel is FANTASTIC.

I'm not so concerned about the Mic or Lowlight sensitivity .

I just want a product that does whats described on the outside of the box.
Why if I haver them update my Firmware will I be open to all NEW sorts of problems and what specifically ARE these "new" problems?

BM

Old Feb 1, 2008, 6:03 PM   #658

1 go into the camera and look for the mode gets you to the playback camcorder setting icons

hit menu and the screen back button. this will give you the firmware info

1.2 is the first firmware ever released 1.3, 1.4-5 are all old they have quirks etc what they are noise in the picture with the shutter being snapped video of lower res had issues and been fixed as well as the Av input. these were all issues

they are still issues people wil complain and complain, about a lot of stuff that are issues. And The company will try to correct an issue that was never an issue, even make a issue of an issue.

1.6 was and is a great firmware correct firmware from the webpage not the box. only thing they added to the existing was a language. 6 more of them added.

Problems: over and over I said what they were but not an issue.

upgrade -to-2.002 is a defective firwmare you will get 4x digital zoom you will get white balance extras, you will get the low res cif and d1 fixs youwill get the sound lowered to a -6db unacceptable sound sharpness. causing grain to a night or low light situation and other unknown artifacts

hope this explains just a lil

Old Feb 1, 2008, 6:41 PM   #659

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:

1 go into the camera and look for the mode gets you to the playback camcorder setting icons

hit menu and the screen back button. this will give you the firmware info

1.2 is the first firmware ever released 1.3, 1.4-5 are all old they have quirks etc what they are noise in the picture with the shutter being snapped video of lower res had issues and been fixed as well as the Av input. these were all issues

they are still issues people wil complain and complain, about a lot of stuff that are issues. And The company will try to correct an issue that was never an issue, even make a issue of an issue.

1.6 was and is a great firmware correct firmware from the webpage not the box. only thing they added to the existing was a language. 6 more of them added.

Problems: over and over I said what they were but not an issue.

upgrade -to-2.002 is a defective firwmare you will get 4x digital zoom you will get white balance extras, you will get the low res cif and d1 fixs youwill get the sound lowered to a -6db unacceptable sound sharpness. causing grain to a night or low light situation and other unknown artifacts

hope this explains just a lil

__________________________________________________ ________
Quote:
OK,
Quote:
I've gone to the screen that lets you "playback" what you've recorded,
(of coarse it says "NO FILE").
Quote:
So I'm hitting the "Menu" buttoon abd (what I THINK) is the "Screen Back" button and I'm getting nothing.
Quote:
???????????????
Old Feb 1, 2008, 8:45 PM   #660

cannot read or see what you are quoting

video should help

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5q_iZLtiWEw