Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Feb 14, 2008, 9:41 PM   #681

You can see all I did to make this video by reading my blog at RCgroups.com
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=180543

hartiberlin wrote:
Quote:
JimKallinen wrote:
Quote:
finally was able to try out my Aiptek A-HD for some RC aerial video. Turned out great.

http://www.vimeo.com/672447
Hi Jim.
really awesome !
Could you post a few pics of your model airplane,
how you mounted this ?
Do you still have more footage,
where you fly it not so bumpy and more smooth ?
Many thanks.
P.S: How long can you fly the plane with one akku charge ?
JimKallinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2008, 10:28 PM   #682

JimKallinen wrote:
Quote:
You can see all I did to make this video by reading my blog at RCgroups.com
hartiberlin wrote:
Quote:
JimKallinen wrote:
Quote:
finally was able to try out my Aiptek A-HD for some RC aerial video. Turned out great.

http://www.vimeo.com/672447
Hi Jim.
really awesome !
Could you post a few pics of your model airplane,
how you mounted this ?
Do you still have more footage,
where you fly it not so bumpy and more smooth ?
Many thanks.
P.S: How long can you fly the plane with one akku charge ?
Great,
but did you modify the AHD-200 to be able to shoot video,
when the detachable LCD screen is closed ?
Normally the camera is switch off then...?!
hartiberlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2008, 10:42 PM   #683

Nope, did not change a thing, it works just fine with the Display reversed. Meaning
you open it and swivel it around and close it with the LCD open and it runs fine.

Why mess with what works just fine, firmware upgrades are for those having problems. I have not had any so far.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 2:39 PM   #684

I am doing a destination wedding (Cabo) in may and was thinking of getting two of these for the family to record with. However, I'm a little concerned that the sound will either be too muffled or too distorted.

Is the sound improved any with the latest firmware updates?

What kind of battery life are you guys getting on the A-HD? (Haven't seen much talk of that)

How does the A-HD compare to the Sanyo HD1?

Thanks!
evil_attorney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2008, 8:09 PM   #685

my personal opinion, go with a better device, reason, you are doingsomething that is a lifetime event,and Aiptek is a geat little device, that will work or not, you may just go get one walk in on general wedding and film for compariosn or test results, if it passes, then by all means go ahead. I would not skimp on less expensive devices for these moments.

Battery life has been talked about, but may not have been clear, 1 hour and 30 minutes is the all time recording you may get 1 hour 40 minutes, and then go down to 1 hour 20 minutes. there is no way to get over that unless you modify a battery source, or plug in the Unit.

I will be filming a 4 hour trip i am goingto use a 4 gig sdhc card and DC-to-AC- plug next post I'll add it in.

hope that helped out. i go with a true Camcorder before I go with a Aiptek for this, but yes Aiptek willwork in video ways not soud ways

evil_attorney wrote:
Quote:
I am doing a destination wedding (Cabo) in may and was thinking of getting two of these for the family to record with. However, I'm a little concerned that the sound will either be too muffled or too distorted.

Is the sound improved any with the latest firmware updates?

What kind of battery life are you guys getting on the A-HD? (Haven't seen much talk of that)

How does the A-HD compare to the Sanyo HD1?

Thanks!
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2008, 8:13 PM   #686

Thanks for the reply Fishy. My idea was to get two of these for the family to record the wedding/vacation with and I would record with my Sanyo HD1 (decent quality). I won't just be a wedding...we are spending 4 days there on the beach, so there will be boat rides, swimming, etc.

I plan to edit all of the footage together when I get back. Since I am buying two extra video cameras for other people to use, they need to be cheap (under $150 each), that way if they break or are lost, it's not big deal. The video does not have to be amazing, but it does need to be watchable and the sound needs to be listenable.

Would I be better off getting a different hybrid camera? Maybe a non-HD camera? Do you have any suggestions? Does the aiptek hd-go have better sound?

evil_attorney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2008, 6:01 PM   #687

the GO or A-Hd, tchoose another trusted company

evil_attorney wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for the reply Fishy. My idea was to get two of these for the family to record the wedding/vacation with and I would record with my Sanyo HD1 (decent quality). I won't just be a wedding...we are spending 4 days there on the beach, so there will be boat rides, swimming, etc.

I plan to edit all of the footage together when I get back. Since I am buying two extra video cameras for other people to use, they need to be cheap (under $150 each), that way if they break or are lost, it's not big deal. The video does not have to be amazing, but it does need to be watchable and the sound needs to be listenable.

Would I be better off getting a different hybrid camera? Maybe a non-HD camera? Do you have any suggestions? Does the aiptek hd-go have better sound?

Old Mar 8, 2008, 12:45 PM   #688

As no where near a reader to delete unknown info. I thought I didall that before I left, and will need to find out why a sd card in the AIptek most its time was filled? well hoping to get footage of an attraction I trusted my sanyo.
Old Mar 8, 2008, 9:49 PM   #689

Oh crap, I crashed my RC plane with my Aiptek a-HD on board. The aiptek is history.
The plane is already repaired. Now to go and find another Aiptek A-HD cheap as I
bought mine for. At least I am not out big bucks for a high price HD camera.
Old Mar 8, 2008, 10:10 PM   #690

Hey Jim, I use my A-HD in a similar way, but without risking the cam. We use one of those lip-stick cams (dirt cheap) and I plug the reciever into the A-HD video in function. Works great. I can't believe how good the image quality is. And no way to break the A-HD. Gives me a live feed from the plane, right to my hands!!!

funkydmunky is offline   Reply With Quote