Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Sep 15, 2007, 8:16 PM   #61

hdguy wrote:
Quote:
The LED is between the lens and the record button. Only works in photo mode for flash.

I neglected to mention that the zoom which they claim to be 4x on the box but looks more like 2x is digital so not very useful.
My hybrid is perfection to me

1 as you never understood the question LOL so you made me do the obvious picphonics?

this is a flash, this is a led ?

does the hybrid have anything that resembles the leds? NO!

sorry but 3x a charm? as we agree it has a flash as you're telling me of a led you are quite not getting through to me LOL sorry :P

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2007, 7:47 AM   #62

Below is the actual hybrid

notice the flash, notice the self timer leds, but notice no led for nighttime? did this clear up the confusion? I am sure the question I askedwas clear, bu not understood due to excitement?

but take a look , see ifyou can find them?

Old Sep 16, 2007, 11:49 AM   #63

OK, you're right it's a strobe not an LED. I can't see any LEDs for the self-timer though. I'll experiement with that later.

hdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2007, 3:35 PM   #64

Here's a 360 degree pan clip taken with the A-HD. As you can see the waviness is gone that was present in the GO. You can also hear why I like to put shotgun mikes on my other cameras. :lol:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=D5BXZL47

Also I shot some video at the local farmers market and unfortunately the audio of the small band clipped. So Aiptek needs more work on the AGC.

Old Sep 17, 2007, 4:43 PM   #65

was that a horse or dino. down below, and takesome breathers you sound like you're exhausted? LOL just kidding?

the video isawesome and outstanding? but a lil shaky and we're all like a that . love how the camera did its job.
Old Sep 17, 2007, 6:20 PM   #66

I guess you're looking at a car. There are plenty of midget dinos around there though. The hill is steeper than it looks so the breathing, though my first DV camera was a Sony PC7 (also a small camera) and I hated the microphone being on top like the A-HD. It picked up your breathing and magnified it. I use Sony's shotgun/zoom microphone the ECM-HGZ1 with my HC1 to avoid that.

I could have sound more winded if I have also dragged my fluid pan with me for a smooth pan but I just wanted to do a handheld. I also have the same pan as done with the GO-HD when I got it a few months back. With that pan there was waviness. When you pan fast it the A-HD does what I believe they call "psychovisual enhancement" which is certainly not enhancement as it is just create a pseudo blur effect. You also see this frequently on HD TV shows and movies and even on an occasion DVD.

Old Sep 18, 2007, 3:05 PM   #67

here i went in to work, anda family of Deer , I caught them with a pic butalways too far too dark, but hey why not turn the car to them and get them on film enjoy

As always mentioned thesound will be interfered with the motor on? if off I bet you could almost here a cricket LMAO

video

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8ZLQ0CW0

Old Sep 18, 2007, 8:24 PM   #68

hdguy wrote:
Quote:
The Bay Area stores as of yesterday listed the A-HD as in stock including my local store so last night I ran over and picked up one. They had 2 in stock so I suspect that may be the case at most stores. Aiptek definitely learned from the mistakes in the GO-HD. I'm going to go out and take some video this morning and test a few things so I'll post some observations later on.
I just noticed too that my local store has them listed in stock. When I visited last week they didn't have any so I guess I'll drop by tomorrow. I am still deciding whether get one or not. The lack of a zoom doesn't bother me as I rarely use it for most of the subjects I video.

I was all enthusiastic until you said the audio clipped. That's the same problem my Sanyo C40 has if they have the music too loud and down here they tend to like their music loud sometimes to the point of distortion!!
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2007, 9:27 PM   #69

Old HACer wrote:
Quote:
Two of my local Circuit City stores (Signal Hill and Lakewood CA) are showing in stock for $149.

Unfortunately, I'm saving upfor the new Sanyo full HD (1080i) camera so I probably won't be picking up an A-HD.
If that camera was $599 instead of $799 I'd be thinking about ordering one, but $799 is just a bit more than I would like to spend. Still another year or two and I think they'll all be down in that range. It's happening already and Aiptek is helping that process!
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2007, 3:42 AM   #70

Zoom 2 x ix not bad it works just fine but most hate digital zoom so would zoom samples be needed?