Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Mar 24, 2008, 6:36 AM   #731

It can be officially said that the Aiptek I have is a "ECONOMY" hybrid.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"The hybrids bosy the usb plug does not correctly keep the power going. and charges in red for a few secs , goes to green, wow battery finished hip hip, no loose connection boo hoo. Do not know if it is or not b/c it ischarged. normally it must go through a 3 hour cycle on a outside charger. camera internal may be differ.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"macro infinity switch must be carefully watched every time you take out ofa pocket or in hand. this can again be fixed by taping or taking off the switchs interior.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"battery:

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"would love to see adc plug into thecam ' hey wait a sec not a usb adc plug, something that can beeasily gotten in a store so external battery packs added. love to get a GO battery in here anda spare cover can deffently get 3 hrs on it and that I be super happy with a lil fatter cam nota big deal, it issuper light a lil weight be nice
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2008, 12:07 PM   #732

officially no more bad shots I have bypassed the macro by taking off the switch and can later on replace on it. I got tired of those bad shots.

I also noticed , this is not my Aiptek A-HD LMAO it is a refurbished one thechip no longer says, and has other stampings on it LOL
Old Mar 24, 2008, 8:36 PM   #733

I have uploaded a lot of sample video from the A-HD into my blip.tv account page. it can be found at http://ecow.blip.tv

These were taken mostly while skiing and driving the Lake Tahoe area. There are some high speed shots. Panning issues show up in many of the videos. You can see some white balance issues if I started filming in a dark area or light area.

I'll add the videos shot with a canon TX1 over the next week. It was much easier to convert and and upload videos from the AHD.

elasticcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2008, 3:17 PM   #734

Unfortunately in Mexico it is hard to find Aiptek a-hd in a good price ($320 usd), but there are a new option here in Mexico for a cheap hd camcorder. The livemotion dv5 hd is a chinese camcorder with 720p 30fps and it costs only $155 usd (15% of taxes included).
Check this...

http://www.vimeo.com/819601
Alom! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2008, 3:36 PM   #735

Alom that is an awesome device Ido notknow may be a better one codec or file was choppy for me more than the Aiptek A-Hd but htesoundwas louder and may say crisper
Old Mar 25, 2008, 4:56 PM   #736

Yes, actually if you are talking while you shot with this camera, your voice is extremely loud.
Alom! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2008, 8:20 PM   #737

Is there any way to leave the A-HD plugged into power (USB adapter) while recording video in? It seems to go into recharge mode when plugged in and won't allow recording.

thanks
lintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2008, 7:43 AM   #738

lint.... you just use the supplied ac adapter.
Old Mar 30, 2008, 7:47 AM   #739

http://vimeo.com/840188

here is a video, the Aiptek A-Hd with edited sound using magix pro editer 12.

You'll get to see shots of the video with full zoom and regular.

you'll see low lightand day time

more short films to come
Old Mar 30, 2008, 8:52 AM   #740

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
lint.... you just use the supplied ac adapter.
Thanks. That works fine...recording a 2 hour show from my Tivo now.

Yesterday I tried this with my blackberry ac adapter, and it would not give me the menu. Maybe all USB ac adapters are not the same?

BTW, thanks, Fishy, for all of your input. I bough this A-HD in December and I love it! I use it all the time, it is so convenient, it is always with me. I also have a 3CCD panasonic MiniDV, but it is so not convenient.

It also makes a great "game capture" device for video games (like the gamebridge device) if you are into that thing. We record Rock Band concerts from the xbox all the time with the AHD!!

I love it!
lintball is offline   Reply With Quote