Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Apr 7, 2008, 10:44 AM   #751

I just recieved a magnetic wide angle from ebay today for my HD700 and its not very good. While giving a pretty good wide angle view the edges are blurred and only the middle seems to be in focus!

I wont be using it all that often if ever! ill just have to wait until someone finds a decent wide angle in the UK as we dont have the phoenix that everyone else seems to get in the US.

Edit... ive just taken a sample vid here at work showing what it looks like with the wide angle on and off. Ill post it on vimeo when i get home just for peoples reference because there is one i believe visorblue posted on vimeo and his is excellent with no corner blur.

craigyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2008, 5:58 PM   #752

add the price up that is a steal if asked but the diameterI did notsee hint hint must have the diameter correct for a non-blur shot

pychobj2001 wrote:
Quote:
I am thinking of buying this lens kit from ebay becuase for 25 bucks I can get two magnetic len's but I don't know...what do you guys think? here is the Link
http://cgi.ebay.com/Wide-Angle-Tele-...hippingPayment
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2008, 5:41 PM   #753

Is there a way to lock the camera in AV-in mode? I am recording model airplanes going just over 100 mph with a wireless cam. Frequently the rx looses the downlink, when that happens the cam switches to lens input mode rendering the whole program useless…

Thanks in advance
4eles1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2008, 6:22 PM   #754

Aipteks Av input will switch back does not have a lock this iscommon on all of them of aipteks. tape player is most common
Old Apr 13, 2008, 1:33 PM   #755

Throwing caution to the wind, is there a way to open the case and disable all functions but the AV-in? This is really the only use I have for this device. Since it is not going to work as is, if I render it useless in the attempt I am at no more of a loss...
4eles1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2008, 1:44 PM   #756

that is a excellent question.

We know the selection for av input is triggered by a jack, you may need to ypass the jack if so that will leave you at the option to choose ear in out av input when opening hte lcd screen.

I am notsure if you'll go direct to tav input if you attempt that Mod?
Old Apr 17, 2008, 6:37 PM   #757

While filming and deleting the sd card. I noticed after I got back to the camera and started up, totaly dead, and here iswhat the screen looked like, yes a black screen.

I am sure some members had this problem, and thoughttheir screen went blank permently. Notice the line, that is thec amera, when turning on showing some motion. in order to fix this issue remove sd card, and that is it, for some how the sd card was deleted the files, camera see nohing and renders dead? thanks
Old Apr 18, 2008, 2:55 AM   #758

I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but Machette was run through a "damaged film" postprocessing a la Grindhouse. As such the original material is designed to be blurry and grainy and all and thus I really can't tell anything about what the Aiptek capture is like from the sample. Could we get a sample from a better source, preferrably something with crazy high motion since the main usage is in headcams? Maybe the part of Blair Witch Project where they're running around with a color camera. I guess the original camera they used was still pretty decent resolution wasn't it?
Thanx.

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
Your request is granted. will load to megaupload

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=H6I8UVN7

Enjoy the av input D1 only setting of 720x480 res, when he says machette you will get a perfect soundeven though all of thisvideo is perfect iti s the movie
Oznog99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2008, 3:20 AM   #759

Yeah I primarily need a camera to capture video off a hires bullet camera used as a headcam. Lot of moving around. Camera's like 520TVL (or was it 580? I seem to recall seeing a site saying that 580 was a bogus exaggeration and they were all 520 anyways).

Is this hybrid a good choice? How does the capture go in H264 as opposed to the MPEG4 used in the previous Aiptek line? It looks like H264 has about half the bitrate if I understand correctly, which doubles a card's recording time, but how does the quality compare? Does H264 with that low recording bandwidth make additional artifacts under high motion or not? And it sounds like playing back the H264 has some potential problems, I'm sure my laptop doesn't have the power though my desktop probably does. Both the HD and the older MZ-DV/DV5800N I could still record in 720x480 from an external source, right? Or is external video going to be 640x480? Is there even any benefit between the two, since the camera's only 520?

Does the H264 get less battery life? I know encoding is far more complex and I'd expect it to need more power to do it.

I *might* use the HD function from the build-in camera. The cost isn't all that different. Heck I wondered about making a rig to put the whole camera on my head, it's small for a camcorder but way bigger than a bullet, but it's HD! Then again I've already read up on the artifacts from high rate panning and that describes the whole video there. Do those artifacts show up on the Ext Video In, like fundamental to the codec, or is it an artifact of the Image Stabilization firmware?

I'm not sure I followed this discussion about the LCD door. I need to set up the recorder, close the LCD, and stow it in a pouch while recording. Is this a problem or not?

How much trouble is it to configure and start recording from Ext Video In from a powered-down condition? I keep running into trouble where we sit around for 15 min-45min waiting for the time I have to jump in with the headcam, but don't get a lot of warning. It's frustrating as hell, we go through all this talk and talk and then the guy in charge springs "ok everybody read? GO!!" Can the remote do this? I write microcontroller code and it would be just dandy to send a script to make it turn on, configure, and start recording, but cameras don't usually put config ops on the remote AFAIK nor do they even listen to the remote port when off. And if I configure it and Pause it, or don't start the record at all, it's gonna timeout and powerdown in like 90 sec, did I hear that correctly?

Oznog99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2008, 4:36 AM   #760

Oznog99 wrote:
Quote:
I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but Machette was run through a "damaged film" postprocessing a la Grindhouse. As such the original material is designed to be blurry and grainy and all and thus I really can't tell anything about what the Aiptek capture is like from the sample. Could we get a sample from a better source, preferrably something with crazy high motion since the main usage is in headcams? Maybe the part of Blair Witch Project where they're running around with a color camera. I guess the original camera they used was still pretty decent resolution wasn't it?
Thanx.

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
Your request is granted. will load to megaupload

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=H6I8UVN7

Enjoy the av input D1 only setting of 720x480 res, when he says machette you will get a perfect soundeven though all of thisvideo is perfect iti s the movie