Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old May 14, 2008, 9:22 PM   #761

You have excellent questions. I googled this topic and found your post. I've had some experience with the MPVR video input. I've taped off air recordings with it and they look fine but I just recently ordered the A-HD to test it with my BVW-400a Betacam as the feed camera. I want to see what it does to a 700 line broadcast camera on playback. Sometimes I just want to get something on the web fast and this is a great way to do it while still being able to get depth of field that you can only achieve with a 2/3' camera and decent lens. I'll try to post some clips after I get the camera and rig it up to the Betacam. I wish Aiptek would release a portable flash recorder that had a better codec. I also wish my Sanyo Xacti had video in. Solid state video recording is so convenient.

Bob
NH Video is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2008, 12:17 PM   #762

Does the camera work now? Is the sdhc dead?

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
While filming and deleting the sd card. I noticed after I got back to the¬* camera and started up, totaly dead, and here iswhat the screen looked like, yes a black screen.

I am sure some members had this problem, and thoughttheir screen went blank permently.¬* Notice the line, that is thec amera, when turning on showing some motion. in order to fix this issue remove sd card, and that is it, for some how the sd card was deleted the files, camera see¬* nohing and renders dead?¬* thanks
sr71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2008, 4:05 PM   #763

It's not clear in your photo, but that lcd screen looks like it has impact damage.
Old Jun 27, 2008, 4:35 PM   #764

NH Video wrote:
Quote:
It's not clear in your photo, but that lcd screen looks like it has impact damage.
the cam works the photo is off on an angle was a card crash.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2008, 1:31 PM   #765

Hi Jim -

Do you still have your broken Aiptek? I just bought one on ebay, and it's missing its tripod mount.

What would you charge for it, including shipping?

Thanks,

Brit
britalb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2008, 2:54 PM   #766

Sorry Brit,
gave it to my son to play with after it broke and he really finished it off.
Was tossed in the trash months ago.

Regards,
Jim

britalb wrote:
Quote:
Hi Jim -

Do you still have your broken Aiptek? I just bought one on ebay, and it's missing its tripod mount.

What would you charge for it, including shipping?

Thanks,

Brit
JimKallinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2008, 5:20 PM   #767

Oh well! Thanks anyway, Jim.

Anyone else have a broken A-HD? I'm looking to harvest the tripod mount...

Brit
britalb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2008, 7:16 PM   #768

To whom it may concern:

I discovered the reason the Aiptek handheld video footage makes everyone look like
they have Parkinsons.

It is beacuse the iris is always f/2.8. Look at the still Pics in the info file.

Since the iris doesn't open or close the only way to vary the exposer of the frame
is through THE SHUTTER SPEED.

In low light at 30fps you get a natural blur. But in bright sunlight the Shutter speed
is raised. So at shutters at 1/100th or so a sec the picture is sharp. You are getting
a min-no blur in the video scene so it looks choppy. Kinda like the old "sports Mode"
of last gen camcorders. pause your jerky footage. Each frame is pretty sharp.

I've tested this by shooting in overcast and all the video has the pleasant blur
we all associate with 24-30 fps video.

So in sunlight you need to cut down the amount of light. Neutral Density filters
should do the trick, I think. With less light the shutter speed drops.

If your into photography just remember the the Aipteks use SHUTTER priority, not
Aperture.

This is a pretty good cam(My a-hd 720p)

Knowledge Is Power!

CraptekGuy(415) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2008, 7:55 AM   #769

Hello, you are right about this problem - but same situation is with every camcorder with these parameters.

Picture from the ccd/cmos is too sharp to provide smooth movement with only 25/30 frames per second.

There is only one solution - use camcorder with 50/60 fps recording, it is only way.
30 fps will look smooth when the camera is on the tripod without movement, but if you try to move the camera to left or right, 30 fps is not enough.
petr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2008, 6:59 PM   #770

Just a footnote to my original experiment about rigging a Pro Betacam to the little Aiptek that could:

The footage recorded was quite poor in D1. Had quite a few crashes as well, whereas the recorder just locked up in the middle of the recording. Had to pull the battery and start the recording again. Certainly could be due to the SD card that I was using but the D1 image quality still left a lot to be desired.