Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Sep 19, 2007, 10:02 AM   #71

Some Zoom samples would be nice.....

I too was going to wait for the HD1000 but at the $799 price it is a bit out of my range. This A-HD is very appealing to maybe hold me off until the price drops on the HD1000.....
Generalg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2007, 1:12 PM   #72

Well I bought one. Had it shipped overnight. Anxious to shoot some HD video!
Generalg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2007, 3:19 PM   #73

I finally saw one of these in person at Circuit City. Can someone confirm for me whether it has an autofocus or fixed focus lens? The reason I say this, is that there is no mention of autofocus on their packaging and the lens assembly looks very similar to my MPVR fixed focus lens.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2007, 3:59 PM   #74

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
Auto focus with a manual machro/infinity?
As I playedwith th device many times I do not get any distortion. .
I do not know if it is a Af or Fixed, as the Box states Incorrect info
here is your video decide if a focus problem is there ?
http://media.putfile.com/a-hd
RGVCAM did you know this camera can accept a sdhc of 32 gb?nice pick up on the fixed focus but hey a letter going to Aiptek

Well the reason being, is that I had read elsewhere on the net that it was fixed focus and the focus adjustment seems to give it away as non autofocusing.

Your video just shows a grey screen? Is there supposed to be a video showing?

Yes I did know it can accept up to 32GB, after all if accepts SDHC then that should be a given. 32GB would be overkill for the bitrate and resolution though. I think the smaller cards would be better. ie don't put all your eggs in one basket and all that.

update Well I sent an email to Aiptek and got my reply quite quickly. They confirmed that this camera only has a Fixed Focus lens and not autofocus as the website says! I said they need to update their website.

Old Sep 19, 2007, 4:45 PM   #75

the video is not in compliance to putfile will correct?

1 the 32gig sdhc is a mistake , only a 8 gig is accepted

2 the Af i am guessing it is a AF due to the same shake I get with the GO but hey I am sure it is a fixed focus b/c it does a way better job

3 2x or 4x digital zoom you do not care , I know blah, blah, bla:G

4. 8 meg no where does is say interpolation LMAO

5 led light they removed and updated it

so yes their site is updating ?

I should repost my preview video showing their mistakes LOL

no need for the video of panning is there?
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2007, 4:55 PM   #76

Well he did say they were going to update their website. The camera may say it can accept upto 8GB but I suspect it will take more. The 16 and 32GB cards are not available readily yet so they often only say up to what is available to be tested. SD and SDHC are not like the older more troublesome Smartmedia where for every new memory increase you either needed a firmware upgrade or a new device!
Old Sep 19, 2007, 5:17 PM   #77

my reply I recieved was

1. 2x fixed lens

2. not an AiptekUsa decision to leave led s out

3. car issue he says is a cellphonefedback a guess?the site, thought not out yet?

well you see trying to keep all ends covered?

hope this helps others out?
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2007, 6:23 PM   #78

Here are two videos that demonstrate zooming on the A-HD and the GO-HD.
A HD:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0OWGWS5D

GO HD:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=X29QHF91

hdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2007, 10:27 PM   #79

Hey everyone. I myself am an amature film maker and I see all kinds of applications for this little cam and want to pick one up. Problem is I live in Canada (is that really a problem?) and so far I have only found this little job for sale from Circut City and I see no shipping info to Canada. We have "Source" chains here, which are called Source by Circut City, but they do not list any Aiptek products. So if anyone knows of a Canadian distibutor or a US outlet that ships to Canada please let me know.

On a side note many(most) US distributors insist on charging INSANE shipping rates to Canada. For no good reason. Shipping to Canada is a buck or two more. Thats it. But of couse charging INSANE shipping to Canada many net distributors seem oblivious that they are pissing away a maket the same size as California.

PS- Thanks for all of the great video's and write-ups fishycomics. Great help.

funkydmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2007, 8:13 AM   #80

So far I've only found the GO-HD available in Canada...through TigerDirect.ca. Just do a search for Aiptek and it'll come up. I really wonder why TheSource doesn't carry it.

As far as the price is concerned, now I can understand the difference in cost between the GO-HD and the A-HD: Auto-Focus and Optical Zoom VS. Fixed-Focus and Digital Zoom. It also explains why the battery life on the A-HD is longer than that of the GO-HD.
eugene2007 is offline   Reply With Quote