Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Aug 18, 2007, 9:51 AM   #1

major defect: sound mic is low muffles any type of sound to a poor qaulity

Modds and updates link Please click me

Updated Camera on market with latest firmware look for Arcsoft cdr 16.00 version is in the pkg

2.002 firmware corrects issue and add 4x digital zoom

Lowest Instore Price 109.99 oct 21 2007

from old 12.01-15.01 firmware latest 16.00 updated 2.002 version (email Aiptek)
Review is here
Preview of the A-HD Aug 15th 2007

Expotv earn me some money Please click me

Review of the A-HD Aug 25th 2007

CLICK ME FOR THE A-HD VIDEO REVIEWVIDEO

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=ULCXWF6K

Review part two additional info on good and bad partsvideo

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=OB9JFTDK

Release Date Aug 15th 2007, completed Aug 18th 2007 with photos this hybrid is the second hi def 720p released with the very 1st Av input added it is catered to widescreen, and capturing footage into the Hybrid, and more.

This is a Introductury price of $169.99 and will be very hard to be found online at this moment, not even Amazon.com is displaying this?I see no way the price can droplower then 149.98, and have no problem seeing it rise to 219.98 in the near future?

Amazon is a great site to seeif the camera gets released , while on Aug 20th 2007 , only the Go-Hd may be found at a#198.00 refurbished, and high as 299.new

As Aiptek is the Place to order at this moment , and online stores to follow. How bad of a rush are you in? for 169.99 plus 101.00 you'll be very happy to say you're the First person to own this hybrid, while others opt for a tax free hybrid of 169.98 plus 7.99 for shipping?

updated info site is in correction, they're changing the l.e.d.s saying the camera never hadthem, but the self timer does? the 4xdigital zoom is an actual digital zoom. the interpolation isremoved andno longer displayed, Fixedfocus was never placed on thinking it was a AF whih it is not(rgvcam credit to) 32 gig sdhc card0 future guinea pigs we are .I appologise for the missleading info, but hey it is All on Aiptek not me thank you Fishy

If ordering online or Offline (if found) Aiptek.inc is slow to respond on their update information, taken from a saturday order to Mon to see payment recieved, and tuesday to a shipping and tracking number, and no Quantum email,

A days delay from Aiptek , not bad, kept me a little worried till I noticed it is in my area within 24 hours from the Purchase order time, I call that Fast service now, for 7.99 pkg will arrive by friday from the pacific coast, not a problem by thursday it will be in hand.Just no emails yet from Aiptek, makes you wonder?

As debut day is near, excitement is building....As I pkg hit the Ups site it is in a holding Pen for a signiture, A phone call was stated pkg delievered, and rescheduled. so the debut isNear and here? Promises,promises Ups came and went , missed by 20 minutes, a phone , and meeting soon x-ing fingers for the pkg. As My local Ups person knows me I ama lucky person today. so lets get started.

Ch 1 First Impressions.Excitement , like a "Rollercoaster".Again a plastic container, and a new gadget. carefully opening I was very pleased, and curious why the hybrid was not protected? I was super happy and could not wait to film? Camera casing was of plastic, not one shiny ,staneless steal part outside but the lens ring, and chrome guard? Th HD stamp WOW Blue, Aipteks color Blue is a Sad color or is it? The screen has some spring to it and the Improved navigation button is set in more? Keeping to an old style USB cover and battery door, as well as a machro/infinity manualswitch. who can complain for $169.99.

I am Impressed or the Good new design, smaller powerful flash, external sd cover door in plastic, and a lens cap

I am dissappointed in old style cover, and grip of Hybrid. Poor design in a record button and size? Sd door just in the wrong spot and no locking device? swival screen lacks center open position.

My rating5 best -1 worst

CH 2 Parts in DetailAsThe Comapny went from Silver-to-Blue, combining both colors, not bad If becomes very popular they may change schemes for personal reasons. Parts are very plastic to the Touch. The MPVr had more Tin, and had a great feal, with eight to it. We're only talking grams here. Lets look at the camera parts in detail:

1 This is the Battery side, the door can be opend and closed by sliding down, once the battery is in place , it is all Internal charging , if usb or ac adaptor. (MPVR cord does not fit) the machro/Infinity switch again back to a manual, and two ball tabs on the bottom of the door if placed to side rest on the machro, and tabs.

2 the Aiptek logo, and HD symbol, no lit icons. This is the side where the TFT screen is located. The screen shows 4 selephain buttons, the screen door seems to be Slimmer than the MPVR by a MM or two. Leaving this to believe componant parts ,more into the camera, the other models use this area for additional parts placements. The Screen may be easy to look at , but once on an angle it is difficultPreferre Oldstyle push buttons. Swivals 270 degreeswith a spring action, and no center point to lock to.

3 Your controls are mostly located here. Menu and mode on the left, and Large still shutter Button to the right. nav in the center placed further into the camera. Center ring lights Soft Blue, forrecording, Red led for charging , and *green for ready (only on ac, and usb only). Lower part will be the USB cover exposing the av in/out puts of the Din stereo pin for regular, and HDTV, as well as the Mini usb. The Usb is of another size again (MPVr ac adaptor will not fit). Rubber cover is of a two part pull and will eventually break.

4 Hd lens cap, and mid size flash * above flash and on lower ring of cap are two blue soft lights when the self timer is used and not when recording. below the flash is the Smallest Record button (no light) and a metal bar for design

5 Your Mic, and speaker are located here. always finding a better spot and the mic always wind back to the top, while the speaker goes from the side, and now to the top, a lil lower than the older model ,but perfectly placed.

6 Sd slot door is a fold and no lock, it is difficult to open while the screen blocksit. every time you need to access the door you need to open the screen turning on the camera? Tripod is of a metal thread, and Amature minipods will be loose for a fitting, a washer cures this.

7. the cables RCA plugs , HDTV laid out nicely, and the regular as well, the plug shows that this device may actually record in stereo, or Mono/mono. Ac adaptor and usb cable , theusb cable could have been just a tad longer. Wrist strap is the same size as older modeled straps .

Parts in detail, while the camera design looks awesome, and has somewhat of a resemblance toanother model, the sanyo, Just a tab the curiture. It is very difficult for LARGER HANDS to hold onto this. The record Button should have been placed in a different spot, and the sd card door just a little more work on it. Led lites could have been used tft screen kept to old school. selephain buttons we toss remotes away in no time.the good part I like was the Color of the soft lites and placement. a big still shutter and menu mode button. Nicely done.

My rating 5 best-1 worst

Videos are of Zip file Full video quicktime download , and save. Open will not redirect.1 Online Hi-Def vide

CH 3 Ease of Using. The Ease of using the A-Hd , for the first time, some will be over welmed, and look for Missing features and functions, do not let that discourage you.

step 1. Watch the video to loading, correctly, incorrectly and removing the software http://www.megavideo.com/?v=DV1035FE

Step 2 Using the camera. is a snap watch this short video coming soon.

step 3 downloading your video to the pc and play, you'll need codecs from quicktime 7.0 or higher H264, or on the disk if given. apple.com

step 4 editing the video. using Super tutorial video,a freeware, videoworks 6from the IS-DV software located at aiptek for 5.00 or quicktime pro editingor higher.

step 5 playback to a tv set. In this video you'll se the correct way and wrong way of hooking up, the atteptto work with the hybrid i was able to get a crash . but why show it LOL

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=RAVD9L80

CH 4 video footage and pics
1 beach shot edited with magix in wmvhd click me
to be continued as video is in production

Video are of Zip file Full video quicktime download , and save. Open will not redirect.

Night time Direct download zip files

1. dancing outdoors in Coney Island720P as the croud is gathered bystanders and more are congragating a lil dancing as they are awaiting a beter song?

Sorry under construction 1 minute plus

2. fireworks720P as I had 3 camcorders going one on a tripod the other two in hand the A-HD did exactly what the other two did, but with a explosive audio. on webspot and zip folder

sorry under construction 3 minute plus

day time

1. Indoor

White car brand new video click me

lower light-to -bright light 720p video was taken in a lower light situation with the tv on, in HDTV quality, close up, and walking to a brighter lit room.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1QPUFGBS 720P zip folder

Machro

1.Impaitience up close, going accross the flowers showing its vivid colouring on webspot and zip folder

sample low res shots for dial up speed click me

Pictures uploaded to putfile.com and click on for expansion

without boring you here is just one 5 meg setting

Video the footage worked out best for me, loved the 1280x720 res @720P format ,.mov files, takes a excellent day shot, and low light it is not what your eyes see. I can complain andcomplain, but I have nothing realy bad to complain about, just that the guitar playerwas dark, and no lights were there, I got no video, the dancing, andfireworks were perfect, I am satified? Indoor shots a less sensitive cmos but did the job. AF (auto Focus a more manual/auto and rock solid but some may complain. If I rate seperate rate 5 best1worst

Pics I am very pleased , as I understand theway to get a good shot, never saying a great shot. the camera part does its job just fine, but when taking a flash shot , a lot ofefort must go into it , hand position.

rate 5 best-1 worst

Conclusion

As I can comment as I am in the near finish

For $169.99, no tax and 7.99 shpped Free of Defects?

I am very happy with the A-HD 720P. ThisHybrid is deffently an Economy camcorder? It is not a 3ccd sensor panasonic or sony. with all thoseBells and whisltes? it is just a camcorder that films in 720P (1280x720 res), and standard widescreen, even records any type of signal INTO the camcorder. Battery time lasteda long time, and pleased. up to 90 minutes or all day on/off filming. A 1 gig card was Fine in my testings.

I do have some good points and bad points and they will be located in the next post "Pro's -Con's?

For those who want a real less expensive model the MPVr-to- the MZ-DV?

Now you have a choiceBetween Economy or high end price The G-HD up to 300.00 usc or the A-HD 169.99 a decision must be made and it is yours to do so, and that I can comment when posted?

Ratings :

1. Features

2. Quality

3. Support unknown at the time

4. Value

5. Fun Facter

Overall rating

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 18, 2007, 3:58 PM   #2

A full review on firmware how to http://www.youtube.com/v/5q_iZLtiWEw

How to check your firmware:

turn on hit mode, two buttons must be hit together now "Mode" and tft screen back button the top one,

shows firmware

1.002 orginal firmware from the beginning missing 6 languages, Mac Usb and unknown others upgrade add 6 languages mac usb, 4x digital zoom, tweaks white balance and sharpens the vid and gain of mic

causes clicking on 1.002 upgrades leaving it worse then ever

2.002 Upgrade it is a proccess of loading and tweaking, only by Aiptek will they correctly get you a working model their firmware isdefective, andwill not share the orginal version of 2.002 only arevamped or damaged copy isbeing passed. no further fixs for the future.

[line]

The pro's and con's of the A-HD decide if it is worth the price for you?

Pros

1. 720P works like a charm.

2.flash is strong.

3 l.e.d. self timer lites in the lens lower ring , nicely placed

4. lens cap nicely designed.

5. big still shutter buton, and menu/mode with a better placed nav button

6. Low light video when taken correctlyworks fine.

7. Af is smooth when video iscorrectly taken.

8. softer blue ring lite

9. Internal batter charge and Sd slot for less opening of battery?

10. Mic is softer, explosively nice in the fireworks, wind is better situated at times

11. tft screen icon are better to view with the zoom and time left?

to be continued

Cons

When using CIF and night Mode the file gets a signal interference causing a bad file, or movie 50/50 of the time

1. Poor body design, in the lens angle. and hand size

2. poor design in the tft screen locking center point

3. USB door flips open/close no locking mechanism.

4. No L.E.D. for low light recording , Missprint

5. No 4x digital zoom, 2x digal only, missprint

6. record button , small and placed in front. prefrence. rear or top needed

7. Flash covered by hand grip remote sensor will be covered not a problem

8. tft screen view blemishs on angle in certain ways. lcd film not mpvr design?

9. tft buttons are selephain ,and difficulty to use at given times old style better

10. ear/avi jack does not seat fully in.

11. camera is warmer to the touch, battery and tft screen

12. file.move, and pic are the same numbering 001,002, etc no continueation

13. flash strobe throws short distance on shots short distance is fine

14. Playback in HDTV hooked to set causes crash, due to unknown reasons battery removal required. when going from start up to playback.

15. sd card prefrence certain cards will react funnyA-Data acts strange but removed it is fixed

16 32gb sdhc card on box , on site 8 gig sdhc accepts

17 AF missing on box , on site states AF

18 box may have wrong info due to a rush ordering but hey only aiptek can answer for this?

19 pointing toward a light . will get you a purple line and blushing on the video

20does not have pal settings on the USA old version model, overseas newer version has both ntsc and pal, should say: tv output hdtv, ntsc pal

21 Ahd 200 pro does not contain AV input

22 firmware wil shut off future firmware, Aipte claims newer version will be loadable, but lowering is impossabl

Old Aug 18, 2007, 5:19 PM   #3

Did u order it yet? I'm looking forward to seeing your hands on review. As for me, I'm not sure. The CG6 really has spoilded me rotten. Given a good optical zoom, I will use it regularly.

Which brings me to my next question, why have you not purchased a CG6? I know you would be thrilled with one!

Nice preview!
MorePixels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2007, 5:59 PM   #4

ordering, LOL like I said in the vid ' if it is me or you who will let us know. it is the weekend and sop may be closed but not the fun? gonna keep you in suspense?

Now the CG6 if I can find a low price I may concider it? I always kept the sanyo Eacti back in my mind and never followed through? there was a vid where a guy overseas road his bike down a hill, and zoomed in on a tree? that was when Sanyo came out with the models, I should have purchased this awhile ago when it was @199.99

I basically have all my gear.

I may need a better camera the casio is fine 7x opt zoom is great but hesitant on the pix.

hybrid camcorders mpvr is-dv etc does my every day needs.

camcorder as I type I need a manual White balance with all the blue screen fun I am having an update

so that may lead me to the cg6

This is so addicting it is not funny, the A-Hd should be a great deal and upgrade of the mpvr "WIDESCREEN" hybrid

zoom 8x over 3x I can probably go 3x without loss 4x pushing it?

Old Aug 18, 2007, 6:23 PM   #5

I too am looking for a mpvr replacement, the SVP-8800 will be going on sale on ebay soon as I am done with it. The only problem with the CG6 is I baby it. Thats no fun! I use the mpvr more and miss out on the quality. I am currently bidding on a vupoint on ebay, and if I can get it dirt cheap I will. If the A HD aiptek turns out to be good, I may get that. Ideally however I want a CCD, and optical zoom with at least D1, and no less then 5MP. Some thing cheap that I can kick around and not worry about breaking it!
Old Aug 18, 2007, 7:38 PM   #6

forget Aiptek producing that with a CCD sensor neverse it happen. It takn a long time, for them to Hear us Complaining about a lens cap and they came up with one?

A CCd may be expensive, cmos economicaly wiser, keeping the cost down

Now if we look at the model soon to be in hand, well see the On/Off is located on the tft screen, and the AV IN/Out/Ear all in one Pronanly thesame may hold true for the usb but not, the Led may possably be in the flash? remote sensor is on the camera and alot less supplies used.

MP3 stabilization and I am sure some other essentials are missing.

I can Place this on the top of my list for the reason of WIDESCREEN HYBRID only resolution not WS is the 352x240 or is it?

I would be very pleased if this has a low light of the GO?

Now As I totaly Understand babying the CG6 I did just that to my MPV r and the lightest 6 inch fall broke the nav button, getting me a replacement with more than I can bargain for

2 batteries 2 sd cards a like new not-yet pealed the screen protector off for 40ish shipped

Lets hope for the best.........
Old Aug 18, 2007, 7:58 PM   #7

The thing that worries me about the A-HD is this... In my experience with the MPVR+ and the IS-DV2, they may support 640x480 but the detail just isn't there. If I take frames from my CG6 and compare with frames from my IS-DV2, you can see an incredible amount of extra detail on the CG6, despite being the same resolution. So.. honestly, I'm concerned that the A-HD (Being a cheap cmos device) may produce a video with HD resolution, but the level of detail may be no different than my CG6. So I'm eagerly awaiting fishycomics to buy one where we can get ahold of a raw native-format sample video and have a look.

I assume it will also suffer from bending video, as it is an Aiptek.. that is a given. But I have learned that if you use these things on tripods or hold them very still, you can minimize the framebuffering issue to nearly an acceptable level.

I might buy one if it can produce HD video that has as good of level of detail as the Go-HD and at least an acceptable indoor performance. (Hint: The IS-DV2 is not acceptable indoors and the MPVR+ is borderline)
adric22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2007, 8:53 PM   #8

By the way fishycomics, the details for this camera on Aiptek's website do indeed answer your two questions in the review:

Equipped with 5 mega pixel CMOS sensor, the still image resolution of the A-HD is enhanced to 8 mega pixels. Auto-Focus helps you get the best pictures every time!

LED Lights:
Built-in LED lights on your A-HD for video recording in dark/low light situations.

Personally I couldn't care less about the LED lights myself as they haven't shown they are any good in any of their models yet.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2007, 9:26 PM   #9

adric22 wrote:
Quote:
The thing that worries me about the A-HD is this... In my experience with the MPVR+ and the IS-DV2, they may support 640x480 but the detail just isn't there. If I take frames from my CG6 and compare with frames from my IS-DV2, you can see an incredible amount of extra detail on the CG6, despite being the same resolution. So.. honestly, I'm concerned that the A-HD (Being a cheap cmos device) may produce a video with HD resolution, but the level of detail may be no different than my CG6. So I'm eagerly awaiting fishycomics to buy one where we can get ahold of a raw native-format sample video and have a look.

I assume it will also suffer from bending video, as it is an Aiptek.. that is a given. But I have learned that if you use these things on tripods or hold them very still, you can minimize the framebuffering issue to nearly an acceptable level.

I might buy one if it can produce HD video that has as good of level of detail as the Go-HD and at least an acceptable indoor performance. (Hint: The IS-DV2 is not acceptable indoors and the MPVR+ is borderline)
Wouldn't the CG6's 6MP CCD play a major role as a advantage over the Aiptek's 3 and 5MP cmos for detail? I also suspect the cmos used contributes in the bending frames too. Surprisingly though my mpvr+ is a lot better then the PDVR I had, which was just horrible.

One thing I have not seen in these hybrids listed in spec sheets is buffering. Are there any buffering involved at all? If not perhaps the quality of the SD plays a more important role then we think?
Old Aug 18, 2007, 10:11 PM   #10

It may also be because the Sanyo's as far as I am aware, use hardware mpeg4 encoding whereas the Aipteks, though not the GO-HD, use software to encode. This may mean the Sanyo, having a dedicated chip, is a more efficient encoder. Also the Sanyo's bitrate tends to be nearer 3Mbps while the SD Aipteks are a bit lower around 2.7Mbps on average. That extra bandwidth along with hardware encoding no doubt gives the Sanyo an edge.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote