Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Sep 3, 2007, 6:12 PM   #21

well I have no problems with the HD1000 being priced around $800 as long as it delivers! And if the CG6 is any indication, then it will be a winner for sure!

My cg6 delives true hybrid performance as posted by others here! It delivers equally good video AND stills. To me it doesn;t matter if its a still camera that can shoot equally impressive vids, or a video cam that can shoot equally impressive stills. To me that is a true hybrid. With the cg6 I have the worlds smallest video camera and still camera. The quality is very acceptable.

So if there are to be top of the line models so be it. This can only mean that the lower end models will also get better too. I just hope they keep the size small on the line of the cg6. I would not want to seem get any bigger then the HD1000.

I would love to see a under $200 HD from Aiptek with a optical zoom that can deliver equally impressive vids and stills on the line of the cg6.

But what I was trying to say in a few posts is I do not think these hybrids are taken seriously yet, so it will take a few top line models to raise some eyebrows! I think SD video hybrids is the future! We just happen to be a little ahead of the times in our acceptence and appreciation of them

MorePixels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2007, 6:42 PM   #22

Aiptek is a PC camcrder and always will be. The best part is we can take them now on the go? The sanyo is out of my price range , and hoping the HD1000 is a winner , Love the idea of attaching that lens on the go?

I lost my View sonic pda 300 ive or take gone. Imagine being too excited and forgetting where I placed the sanyo LMAO? I rather see the Aiptek go than the sanyo?

either way very happy,wished and agree a 3X optical is needed? they cut all the features out no 10 photo, no image stabilization no mp3 player no led no nodda?

gotta love the cut backs
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2007, 12:18 PM   #23

The HD1000 is also out of my price range for any time soon! The CG6 was a splurge for me! LOL

I definitely know what you mean about getting excited or careless and loosing the camera! I'd hate to loose my aiptek, but at least the pain would not be as great as if I lost my cg6! Which is why I think there is room for some more improvement on the lower end models and why I'm hoping the success of the higher end models will produce better lower end models too if more players get on board.

I know I posted about the perfect camera, but really all I need is a trimmed down CG6, for around $150, with optical zoom (4x), good sensor, don't care if its ccd or cmos, but if cmos I would like it to be fairly good at low light, comparable to most ccd. At this price range I could take that would me and not worry as much as the cg6.

I think of all the cheaper brands, aiptek is the best. I do not think they come from the digilife clone cookie cutterfactory! I'm convinced the digi's and svp's are made by the same company and its obvious they cut back more then aiptek at the same time as trying to provide more features. Not a good balancing act to try to do!

Some one on this forum mentioned that they like the cheaper cameras better because they like the challenge! I can also appreciate that too.

MorePixels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2007, 2:38 PM   #24

A new music video said to have been recorded entirely with Sanyo's new high definition XACTI HD-1000 is on YouTube. http://youtube.com/watch?v=8g6P5L7pD5E The YouTube video is not shown in high definition but illustrates some of the camera's capability.
SRSCHRIER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2007, 2:41 PM   #25

thanks once agin we seen the video. I am very impressed butt ill the cameracomes out megaupload it?
Old Sep 30, 2007, 9:39 PM   #26

Fishy, you will probably find the HD1000 down to $500 on ebay before the end of the year, maybe even less eventually. Which is an reasonable price given the things with the camera. Then there is the $500 700 model, that I think you might see for $300 eventually on ebay.
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2007, 10:32 PM   #27

I watched the music video, it does look very good and very professional. However, in a case like this I think the "operator" of the camera and the environment it is being used in has a lot to do with the quality of the image you see. Being that the youtube video is very low resolution, they could have probably shot the entire video with my Sanyo CG6 and it would have looked just the same (on youtube, of course) However, if they had used cheap Aiptek cameras there would be noticable difference in things like luminance range, framerate, color saturation, framebuffering, etc..

I would be interested to see the video in full resolution.
adric22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2007, 3:08 AM   #28

I would believe the video if they proven it with a professional model filming along side the device they're selling doing comparison shots?
Old Oct 1, 2007, 11:49 AM   #29

It's also interesting since at CEDIA earlier last month Sanyo claimed the camera was in an unfinished state so how could have anyone shot the video with an unfinished product?

hdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2007, 1:13 AM   #30

They said that the release date was mid September, but I hope they get rid of the blue lens flare, and if it is software programmable codec, maybe an firmware update could get rid of the macro blocking on water shapes, by an shape preserving adjustment/prediction (as discussed here):

http://forums.Steves-digicams.com/fo...805820#p805820

50i/50p modes would be good.

I think, people have certain prototypes and review cameras. I think that there might be an American presence, as Sanyo got into these cameras through an acquisition from an American company. We have an guy around here called Sanyo (strangely absent nowadays) and get links to you tubes of footages of future Sanyo cameras. It was well worth talking about the Sanyo around here in times past, as this camera is an big step in the right direction, of good level consumer footage. The next ones 18mb/s (guessing, even 24mb/s would be good) will hopefully reach the sweet spot, even in rendering moving water, and other movement.
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote