Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Aug 31, 2007, 3:49 PM   #1

I was curious to see which of these two cameras you would suggest.

I can get the Mustek 9300 for $82

Or the Apitek for $99
ThumpClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 31, 2007, 4:27 PM   #2

I don't think anyone here has purchased either one.. so it is hard to make a comparison.
adric22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2007, 5:35 PM   #3

if the IS-DV2 is any thing like the Icam by aiptek I'd have to pass on it simply because the LCD screen is like big postage stamp and very poor quality. So even if it takes great pictures, it has little use if you can't see what your shooting or what you just shot. Sorry if these cameras are not similar, just trying to help out.
MorePixels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2007, 6:32 PM   #4

Is-dv2 is the icam sells for 79.00 I grab the Mustek before I grab the aiptek

the 9300 is a low price and worth it by far? a abetter camera with a SWIVAl and bigger screen

abd yes there are people who own these hybrids

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2007, 9:11 PM   #5

I own aMustek 9300. Low light video is poor. Frame rate never gets up to advertised 30 fps (usually about 24). See a few samples in the upload center topic, HERE.

Don't know about the Aiptek ISDV2.4.

Old HACer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2007, 11:10 PM   #6

Quote:
I own aMustek 9300. Low light video is poor. Frame rate never gets up to advertised 30 fps (usually about 24). See a few samples in the upload center topic, HERE.
Well, a few things I can say here. The camera in question was the IS-DV2.4, which I don't think anyone in this forum has. Fishy - if you know somebody, send them a message to come over here and tell us where some sample video is.

I have the IS-DV2, but the IS-DV2.4 looks like a whole different beast. However, I can say this. After seeing the cliff-diving video from the mustek camera, I think my IS-DV2 would do better. If the IS-DV2.4 is at least as good, then I would pick that over the mustek. By the way - the IS-DV2.4 sells for $129 new, not $79.99

Also - as far as the screen is concerned. The IS-DV2.4 has a much larger screen than the IS-DV2. And to be honest, I've never had any trouble with the small screen on the IS-DV2 that I have. All i need a screen for is framing the image. I very rarely playback videos on the screen, I usually transfer to my computer right away. The fact that it doesn't swivel doesn't bother me that much either. Only if I'm wanting to point the camera at myself, that is the only time it is an issue - but of course the IS-DV2.4 does have a swivel screen.

Yes - I've been waiting to see some sample indoor and outdoor footage from the IS-DV2.4 and the i-Cam which are both somewhat different from the IS-DV2.
adric22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2007, 6:53 AM   #7

I appologise for the incorrect info

but the IS-DV2 model is 79.00 on sale

the IS-DV2.4 99.99 and may be found lower depending on the sites?Mustek the Cliff diver is the dv3000 model oldest one on the market ?

now if you look you'll find the 9300 isa better format. till oneposts samples it is best to find that one?

it is a great prefrence , you have to decide what you want

forget about us telling you POOR this and POOR that?

all we are teling you is:

1 this is a outdoor unit, it is a poor device in low light situations?

2. ALL hybrids function Poorly in Low light so enjoy
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote