Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Aug 9, 2007, 4:15 PM   #1

Hi, yes I'm new!

I got this little digital camera called a DDV 7000for a present from my mother-in-law and was working fine until I tried to charge it recently. Found the charger, plug it in and I think it's charging (red light round the cursor) but I try to switch it on and nothing happens. Even my PC doesn't recognise it when I plug it into the USB. Is here some factory restart on this as it's proved very useful for many things as I'm a big photography fan and I want to continue using the camera.

Thanks,

si.
NewbieSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 31, 2007, 9:55 PM   #2

I'm having the same problem. Did you ever get an answer?
taylormade4all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2007, 10:38 PM   #3
Administrator

We've got a dedicated forum for Hybrid/Movie/MP3 Digicams

You may have better luck figuring out the problems if the members visiting it see this thread (since this camera appears to fall into that category).

So, I went ahead and moved it there for you. Hopefully, someone familiar with this camera model will see these posts and respond with some helpful suggestions (or if you figure out what's wrong, please update this thread so that others with this same camera model searching for a solution can find it when searching).

BTW, welcome to the forums.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2007, 6:57 AM   #4

thanks Jim:

The Model I am guessing is digilife Model ddv 7000

http://ecbuyph.com/digilife/ddv-7000.htm

possably the battery isexhusted, bad bios

you may want to contact thesupplier digilifeusa
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2007, 12:56 PM   #5

It would not display any shots from the internal memory if it has no power. If you saved pictures to a memory card, you should be able to view the pictures/videos if you use a card reader or slot on your computer.

The problems could be:

- bad battery
- bad charger
- broken camera (I use the word "broken" because it was working for you.)
- battery inserted wrongly (this is possible to do with the NP-60 battery)

If I were you, I'd either contact Digilife USA, or get a replacement battery. They're very cheap on eBay, but not very good either. However in your case, you only need it for testing. Probably you could have one at your door in a few days for about $6.

Good luck with it. I used to have one of those, and I really liked it.

sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2007, 3:28 AM   #6

i have a digilife ddv-7000 camera. i enjoyed using it and i think the product is good but last week as i was downloading the images and video in my pc, at the middle of copying the filed my pc stopped responding. so i restarted it, the same thing happened again at least 4 times. so i decided not to continue although as i checked the downloaded files, its in the computer. now, i wanted to use the camera but i cannot open it and my pc now cannot detect the camera. what should i do? is the camera now broken? please help me. hoping that you could help me with my problem. thanks a lot.
poknat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2007, 5:02 AM   #7

Welcome to the site ,not a wiz, but we may never know that the hybrid cameras can contain viruses, if we downlaod unwanted material on them, it is great the device are like a 7-n-1 unit?

you may not have anything wrong with your pc, we can only guess you get an end task now or you have caused an illegal function. i have reformatted 20 plus times in the passed month?

I also recieved you have a trojan, and you have viruses as i just reformated? do i believe everything I get on my screen, no! advertisement a scair tactic

lets get to your problem.

if you go to my puter and control panal locate your hardware , find the usb port you got the device hooked into USB root? you may troubleshoot the software or driver?

all you need to most likely do is re-install it? if you cannot

you may just want to un-install , and then reload thedisk

if you place the orginal disk in it may give the option to repair, modify, overwrite?

all will be alright? your hybrid is not damaged
Old Sep 7, 2007, 4:54 PM   #8

I'm not sure where to start here. So here's some ideas.

The camera should not be able to become broken due to files in its integrated memory or on a memory card. You can hang it by having incompatible files on either. You can only get rid of them via a computer because the camera won't start up far enough to delete them using the camera.

No picture taken by one of these cameras has ever been heard of having a virus or being able to hang a computer. Some of your symptoms point to a faulty usb cable, which has been heard of. Or a faulty memory card.

You can easily check the memory card two ways. One is by removing it from the camera and seeing if the camera works ok using its internal memory. If it does, try uploading from the camera to the compter again using the cable.

If the card proves ok, try uploading the files from it to your computer using a memory card slot or card reader.

You may also have a bad battery, which failed during your upload, causing the camera to shut off, and so possibly corrupting a file or files that were on the camera.

So make sure your camera battery is ok.

Try taking pictures with and without the memory card.

Try uploading pictures using the usb cable and a card reader.

Write off the files on the memory card and try to format it using either the computer or the camera.

sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2007, 5:24 PM   #9

when I mentiond a virus it was not intended thatthe camera or pc. but we use the device as a card reader andwriter? thus if you place the file in the internal memory you may go to format camera and all will be reset?

but if you accedently did the firmware and got the camera to do a burn yo'll need to reset the bios, and that we cannot do?