Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Sep 24, 2007, 3:32 AM   #11

most Aiptek have a vid andaud isue. do not let that bother you you can edit andcorrect with adding a clip to thesound or vid. I have a video and shoulddo another one to show.

the difference between a MPVr and Plus?

MPVr is 3 mb cmos sensoe and the Plus 5 meg cmossensor

the mpvr will be abrighter camera, thePlus may be graiier and a lil darker in video

forget about 6 meg 8 meg both are 3 meg camera oneinterpolates to 8 the other 6 you can do that in the pc LOL

now for editing windows moviemaker, you have that on thePC if XP. does the best jobpossable if not then you can use any software, what omes with the hybrid is Muvee4 wel it just ads th filestogether and makes a video automovie video
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2007, 1:22 PM   #12

Well you almost got me to pick one up, I will hold on to the 87.00 and place it to the Go rather the Polaroid. a great camera if you ask me but the price e is always tempting at Target'

seems the Polaroid site removed the info and the camera so I wonder if their sales fell. my videos were on ebay without permission, and hope they helped out :G
Old Sep 24, 2007, 4:16 PM   #13

If you are going to be in the $150 range, I'd suggest staying away from Aiptek. (Well, the A-HD might be acceptable at that price range) I would recommend one of two things..

1) Go on ebay and look for a used Sanyo Xacti camcorder of some kind. You can typically find them for under $150 on ebay in perfect condition. These will beat the socks off of most Aiptek camcorders.

2) Forgo the camcorder design and go for a digital camera. I can't remember the exact model, but RGVCam was showing me some sample video clips from a $150 Samsung camera that records in MPEG4 that was quite astounding and beats any Aiptek product I've seen in that price range.
adric22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2007, 11:31 PM   #14

adric22 wrote:
Quote:
2) Forgo the camcorder design and go for a digital camera. I can't remember the exact model, but RGVCam was showing me some sample video clips from a $150 Samsung camera that records in MPEG4 that was quite astounding and beats any Aiptek product I've seen in that price range.

That would be the Samsung L700. I was quite impressed with the quality of the video. Samsung cameras regularly receive mediocre reviews but my sister-in-law recently bought one of these, so I decided to have a play with it and didn't realise at the time it recorded in MPEG4 because I hadn't read the reviews yet. It was only when I downloaded it, I thought the file size was too small for MJPEG and sure enough on closer examination it was MPEG4 which makes it one of the cheapest MPEG4 digital cameras around. It normally sells for $179.99 in the local stores but you can get it on amazon.com for around $150.

It seems they may be discontinuing it though as it's been dropped by bestbuy and circuit city although it's still listed on target. Bestbuy seems to have what appears to be its replacement, the L730 which seems to have a larger 800 x 592 movie mode and a similar size 7MP sensor (7.2MP for the L730). I haven't really looked further into the specs though and it's slightly cheaper at $169.99 in bestbuy.

Sadly, like the majority of people she will probably hardly use this great video mode if she does at all.

rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2007, 3:58 PM   #15

im 16. i love my vupoint dv-da1-vp

i bought an aiptek 5800 (almost the exact same thing as the mpvr) and i was not happy with its low light shots and the audio video sync problems.

wasserbrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2007, 5:14 PM   #16

there you go just watch out his loin date is fri the 13th :G

Have you somesamples to post to the member for comparison
Old Sep 25, 2007, 5:31 PM   #17

I'm really astounded at the replies from this forum. Thank you, Each of you.

I've learned more here in a few days than I could have anywhere else, from people who actually have the product(s). I'm impressed, and thankful.

Keep the info coming....................

Thanks again,
Ron
rvpeddler is offline   Reply With Quote