Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/hybrid-still-movie-mp3-digicams-85/)
-   -   A Hybrid for my son, any suggestions? (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/hybrid-still-movie-mp3-digicams/129565-hybrid-my-son-any-suggestions.html)

rvpeddler Sep 22, 2007 3:30 PM

Been lurking for a while, and impressed with the knowldege and comrodere I find here.

I'm looking for a Hybrid for my Son, somthing under $150.00, and of course the best value. I'd like rechargeable. Any direction will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

fishycomics Sep 22, 2007 5:52 PM

Rvpeddler welcome?

Your son not given an age. as members say their 2 year old............. let lying fogs lay on that..

My advice to you, and Please never be insulted in any way, and hoping we understand one another, that I say thank you rightoff thebat...........

1 a hybrid at 150.00 for a child what can I recommend?

1. simplist controls 2 Easy buttons 3 durrablilty 4 fun factor

Out of my Collection I am goingto say the Aiptek IS-DV series if it is the IS-DV or the IS-DV2.4 swival?

if you want to opt for the newest crave the A-Hd then he must have the capabilty of converting or knowing how to minipulate .mov files

The IS-Dv are asf format and a few programs are easy to use for editing. It is not just the Camcorder, it is the programs that you also need to know ofediting skills?

rvpeddler Sep 22, 2007 8:15 PM

Ooooops I forgot to mention his age. He's 15. Old enough to handle most things, and loves playing/experimentinglearning with the computer. and out of the blue he said he wanted a cam corder, and I'm sure he's looking towds uploading vid's to the net.

I've a sense of humor fire away.

I'm leaning towds these devices because thier easy to carry, and with the sd cards easy to store, and upload.

I appreciate your reference to the programs. I'll need some advice there to.

Thanks
Ron

MorePixels Sep 22, 2007 11:27 PM

I would recommend a full size Aiptek, not some thing a tiny monitor. The MVPR+ would be perfect! I use mine a lot too. It's still compact enough to fit in the pocket and fun to use.

fishycomics Sep 23, 2007 7:31 AM

What MorePixals issaying he tells you notto get the Aiptek IS-DV2 or 2.4 model?

going to say the Aiptek series any aiptek

MZ-DV 3x optical 8 megand asf for easier editing

Zoom-DV 3x opt 6 meg if found aiptek pulled of the shelves

A-Hd hi-def 2x digital zoom .mov editing more dificult if not a mac owner

I'll say these are great choices if you ask me?

If you opt I look into a sanyo Exacti series before you close the doors for a model, you'l get more fetures butworry bout it dissapearing? radioshack has one at 200.00

and may find one less online used

hope we helped out some what?:G

fishycomics Sep 23, 2007 4:13 PM

Here is a Model I realy enjoyed in my hands, and may just go get once again the Polaroid at Target for 79.99 it has been sold at a high price of around 109 and dropped down to 88 and now down to 79.99

Does a great job 2.4 inch swival screen avi format if not mistaken? and just a lil bigger file size? runs on 2AA batterys that last a long time

Why I returned it felt like I already ownd a model no reason?

so if you're going to spenda ton of money and can do without a av input I say this is a steal

rvpeddler Sep 23, 2007 4:16 PM

You "all" are helping a lot, and it is appreciated.

I had these models already in mind from reading your posts, especially the MPVR.

I'll check out the other ones that you have recommended.

I'm a firm believer that a smart person learns from his own mistakes while a wise person learns from the wisdom of others. And my X always called me a wise azz. :lol:

Thanks again..............seriously,

Ron

rvpeddler Sep 23, 2007 4:18 PM

Which model Polaroid is that at Target?

fishycomics Sep 23, 2007 4:47 PM

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=92

rvpeddler Sep 23, 2007 9:34 PM

I guess I'm leaning twards the MVPR. Seems like it is well liked by most.

Is here much diff. between the MVPR and the MVPR+?

Besides being liked by most here I like the rechargeable feature. Any advice on editing software? He has a PC, not a MAC.

If I'm in left field here..........someone wake me up.

Thanks,
Ron