Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Oct 8, 2007, 8:52 AM   #1

I just purchased the new Aiptek A-HD at a local Target Store in San Antonio Texas on Sat. 10-7 for $149.99!
Great Deal... It's a glossy black model.. Works great so far... The battery seemed to be already charged right out of the box.

I had to ask for it.. It was not yet on display...It was in a their back room. Just tell them the DPCI code number and store employees can located it for you in their store..

Check out this link for local availability in stores near your home:

newsjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 8, 2007, 9:26 AM   #2

shows to be on sale for $139.99, which is a good deal. It is kind of crazy as my local target store is still trying to sell the MPVR+ for $125. Who in their right mind would by the MPVR+ when for $15 more you could get the A-HD?

i noticed that Target also has the camera mislabeled, saying that it has a 3x optical zoom. Oh.. and now we know about the sensor. (Well, assuming it is accurate, considering the description is wrong on the zoom) Says it has a 1/4" CMOS sensor. Really it isn't that great. Probably has about the same light pickup as a 1/6" CCD.
adric22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2007, 2:07 PM   #3

I dropped by the local Target and they did indeed have 3 of them out on the rack. I always get a kick when they "lock" the rack that it is on and don't lock other articles that in some case may cost more. Apparenty they must feel this is a "hot" item that kids will try to lift. :-)

They are black finish and the packaging is different than from the one I purchased a month ago at Circuit City. That's a good price and pretty big push on the product. Hmm.... makes me wonder if Sony is about to jump into this market. They have a $200 SD camera that just came out a couple months back but wouldn't surprise me if they have an HD one in the works. Kodak's EasyShare 1253 does 720p HD and has a better lens (probably a better microphone too) but also costs about twice as much.

They had restocked a Denali case that the A-HD will fit in without the barrel sticking out.

hdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2007, 2:51 PM   #4

adric22 wrote:
Quote:
shows to be on sale for $139.99, which is a good deal. It is kind of crazy as my local target store is still trying to sell the MPVR+ for $125. Who in their right mind would by the MPVR+ when for $15 more you could get the A-HD?

i noticed that Target also has the camera mislabeled, saying that it has a 3x optical zoom. Oh.. and now we know about the sensor. (Well, assuming it is accurate, considering the description is wrong on the zoom) Says it has a 1/4" CMOS sensor. Really it isn't that great. Probably has about the same light pickup as a 1/6" CCD.

So what is it really? If its a 5MP CCD with 3x optical zoom, then its a GREAT buy.

MorePixels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2007, 3:27 PM   #5

it is a combo :G
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2007, 7:33 PM   #6

I was just at Target an hour ago and they do not have the A-HD on the shelf. In fact. they didn't have any Aiptek products at all. Only the Polaroid hybrids.
adric22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2007, 1:27 PM   #7

hey that is where Tareget and walmart are at the bottom line Aiptek fits right in on the economy line there?
Old Oct 9, 2007, 1:57 PM   #8

adric22 wrote:
Quote:
I was just at Target an hour ago and they do not have the A-HD on the shelf. In fact. they didn't have any Aiptek products at all. Only the Polaroid hybrids.
One should check Target's website first. They will list if it available locally when you input your zip code. The local Target usually carries several of the Aiptek models all the time.

hdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2007, 2:06 PM   #9

that may be true, but today it is a hit mand miss with so lil stock if any at that time?
Old Oct 15, 2007, 8:47 PM   #10

I just picked up one also from my local Target. So far, so good...the video indoors is much improved from the PVR/MPVR and i havn't noticed any audio issues yet...seems fine. Can't wait to get it outside in some decent light.
Unwired is offline   Reply With Quote