Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Oct 10, 2007, 7:50 PM   #1

Yes another Aiptek question from you experts ;-)

I want to buy a small Aiptek camera for an upcoming trip to Las Vegas and an everday user if I want to take photos, play some MP3's, etc.

I've been looking at the board all day and my eyes are crossed. Please help.

I was all set to buy the Aiptek MPVR (orginal - not the plus) when I stopped by Walgreens and saw the MDV model for $99 and the ISDV+ ($149) on sale.

I'd like to get out the store with all needed supplies (memory card, etc.) for around $200.

Which one of these would you recommend or is there one I have left off the list?

AiptekFinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 10, 2007, 8:25 PM   #2

This is an easy answer. I bet everyone on the board will agree with this with no questions. Buy the Aiptek A-HD. Some Target stores are now selling it, but if your local Target doesn't have it yet, you can buy it on Target's website for $139. Those other models you mentioned like the IS-DV or MPVR variants are like dinosaurs compared to the A-HD. Those are fine if you are getting them for under $100. Usually you can buy most of those for under $75. The A-HD is just worlds ahead in quality and can easily be had for the price you are looknig at.
adric22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2007, 8:54 PM   #3

I Agree, and have a suggestion?

Do you own a mp3 player?

If you're pressed for time, be careful, and decide what is best for you? It is your hard earned money?

1 I recommend a seperate MP3 player. I own an Isignia ns 4 gig on dealtree.com 60.00 same as the bestbuy 150.00 one flaweless. works likea dream, allows me to play all my videos music 18 hours ...........

Adric has a point, and it is a decision you need to decide?
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2007, 9:29 PM   #4

I've got a seperate MP3 player I just thought it would be good to combine them all into one device. The only thing I don't like about the A is the way it looks like you have to hold it in order to shoot. What's up with everyone angling the lens?

Keep the advice coming! I'll make my decision tomorrow. Thanks to everyone.
Old Oct 10, 2007, 10:38 PM   #5

My guess:

imitate Sanyo ixacti series?

1 record is on the front for video , not the best place , as it is a super small buton, but you get used to it? You tend to shoot more ski shots rather your object shots, but you get used to it?

2. LCD screen is changed from a TFT back lit, to a flmed lit screen, seen sony go t oa gold tint rout, thatturned me off. as glare, or angle, as in this model it is not the best?

3. As always, the grip covers the flash, and sensor of the remote?

now enough of the small stuff?

It is a decision to make, if you looked at hte A-HD, and decide to look at the GO-HD, go a Extra step and look at the sanyos?

Just remember All theMPVr series are of Poor lighting not the newest chip?

You may want to look elsewhere more of a major digital camera that records vidd and pic?

I say this for this reason, snap a pic, and move that camera a blurred shot you must be patient that is why thie Aipteks are a VIDEO SOURCE Primary for video, then pic if neccessary?

that would deffently make you decide?
Old Oct 11, 2007, 12:25 AM   #6

Fishy -

What is the name of the camcorder you have as your avitar?

Old Oct 11, 2007, 4:45 AM   #7

there are two in there

the main one ov the Avatar is the Aiptek MPVr 6 meg interpolated model, and the Inner one is the Aiptek pocket dv5300, and I?

The MPVr sold at 150, lowest new price found brand new at compusa @ 50.00

so you see 50.00 is the set price?

aiptek Pocket dv5300 same 129 lowest set price 50.00

target usually sets a standard price and drops the price to 88 BB and CC as well at times now they do not

Look into the Sony netshare 200.00 just look
Old Oct 11, 2007, 8:43 AM   #8

Just a friendly note that if you have a CircuitCity in your neighborhood the AH-D is selling for $139. SD cards also on sale at CircuitCity.

Don't worry about the MP3 funtionality, the device is to bulky for this. Buy the AH-D if you are interested in general video quality vs. features (within this price range of course).
simonduz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2007, 11:06 AM   #9

OK well it seems like there is only a single choice for me to make. Thanks for the help. I still like the look of the MVPR though.
Old Oct 11, 2007, 2:41 PM   #10

AiptekFinder..

Here are the samevideo of the MPVR, the A-HD, and youtube

Direct download MPVR win media 9

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=H9WH347J

Direct download A-HD needs quicktime 7

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5KF6ILU0

youtube will play flash 320x240

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owV-d88CnlQ