Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Oct 10, 2007, 9:50 PM   #1

Sony vegas free a great deal for the hybrid camcorders, mine is ordered.

free shipping as well, only thing Is the test if it works with the .MOV files h264, if not not a thing to lose

http://shop1.outpost.com/product/5287667

free sony vegas after two 30.00 rebates from Fryes only

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 11, 2007, 11:55 AM   #2

There is a difference between just Movie Studio and Movie Studio Platinum so make sure that the product does what you want. Platinum has the HD support.

hdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2007, 12:48 PM   #3

well I ordered it and for fre, cannot complain the platnium cost a few bills? if that drops down I concider?
Old Oct 11, 2007, 1:34 PM   #4

I got Platinum 8 at Fry's for $99 and two $30 rebates. Make sure that Sony processes your rebates properly as they sent two denials on the rebates for reasons completely wrong and I called the CSR checked, apologized and said the checks were on their way.

Fry's sales "specials" usually begin on Friday and run through Tuesday and they are often available online. Here's the feature list for Movie Studio.
http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/...&PageID=76

And for Platinum:
http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/...&PageID=86

Old Oct 11, 2007, 1:47 PM   #5

Wish I knew there was a sale? you mentioned but never told us LOL? guess I must wait another time then?
Old Oct 11, 2007, 2:52 PM   #6

That sale was two months ago when Platinum 8 was released. You can upgrade Movie Studio to Platinum though. Info is on the Sony site. Since I have a Fry's 4 miles away (they almost moved into a location 1 mile away but Wal-Mart grabbed it instead) it's like having a "candy store." Every Friday they have a flier in the local paper so I always check on deals. This week I added a Buffalo 500 GB external backup drive for $120 to make sure my principal machines get drive image backups. I also picked up another 2 GB SD card for $14 after rebate.

Old Oct 11, 2007, 3:02 PM   #7

my co-workers fro mthe west talk about Frys LOL, well guess I will one day wait for a freebie of platnum
Old Oct 17, 2007, 4:13 PM   #8

Sony 8 in hand, needs to be updated due to bugs a fix is at the site?

1 Aiptek A-Hd will and will not work 50/50 sound is not played at all, andfilescrash?

2 you are ableto get files to edit, and render to a higher format , which is great but you are best to look for a software that will work magex I believedwas offered for a lilless , I will need to double check

it is easy to use but complicated at the start?

you must remember to save the serial card that is a must......

I am also looking into a great sale for magix video editing pro 40.00 wow perfect ifworks will spend the saved money LOL

Old Oct 17, 2007, 6:39 PM   #9

Rename the files from .MOV to .MP4 and it will import them though some may crash. We may need to ping the Vegas crew on this.

Yes you'll a little learning curve to begin with. It seems to have been designed bottom up rather than top down. It's not as intuitive as it could be. There are some nice filters. Try the color curves (if it comes with that version).

You can export to a hi-def format? That was unclear from their features list.

Does it require you to get a response key from them as it does in the Platinum version? You won't see this though unless you delay registration.

Old Oct 17, 2007, 7:21 PM   #10

regesteredwithout a hitch taken a few secs to seean okay key? not sure if I responded orseen a respond yet?

filters efx , trans all look thesame as platnium? I had the trial ver. As always need to read the short manual.